Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idea for an incredibly simplistic but probably acoustically very effective chant 10:36 - Jan 14 with 748 viewsGuthrum

I don't normally do things like this, leaving it up to those who can actually sing, but this was an idea which occurred to me this morning, which I certainly haven't heard for a while at matches.

It is simply "Iiiiiipswich" (longer first syllable, shorter second one, the main stress on the first) repeated over and over again.

With the natural sound delays the length of the ground (over one-third of a second) and echoing off the stands, it ought, if enough join in, to create a significant wall of sound at pitch level.

It's got no complicated words, tricky scansion, or tune, is not "gimmicky" like the Icelandic thunderclap, is completely neutral in terms of current internal fan politics and shows generalised support for the team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Idea for an incredibly simplistic but probably acoustically very effective chant on 10:38 - Jan 14 with 719 viewsBenters

wtf ? you been sniffing the gloss paint again ba ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Idea for an incredibly simplistic but probably acoustically very effective chant on 10:39 - Jan 14 with 712 viewsArcher4721

Don't give up the day job mate.
Idea for an incredibly simplistic but probably acoustically very effective chant on 13:29 - Jan 14 with 608 viewswellyblue

Yes, and maybe put it to the tune of 'Amazing Grace'...

Always worked back in the day.
Idea for an incredibly simplistic but probably acoustically very effective chant on 14:01 - Jan 14 with 540 viewsGeoffSentence

You mean like this at 7:15

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Idea for an incredibly simplistic but probably acoustically very effective chant on 14:04 - Jan 14 with 523 viewsSwansea_Blue

Idea for an incredibly simplistic but probably acoustically very effective chant on 14:01 - Jan 14 by GeoffSentence

You mean like this at 7:15

I was about to say that sounds suspicious like the iiipswich chant of old. Not quite sure about the chance of a wall of sound, but I'd hate to p1ss on someone's fire when we need more fire.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024