Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striking options today then 10:41 - Jan 14 with 556 viewsMullet

Are we right to assume it's Best and Sears as a partnership?

Seems logical to go that way or will MM put Best straight in up top and have a 3 behind him? They were played together at Ewood Park and had some success in doing that, albeit unfamiliar to each other then maybe today and at home they'd produce more?

I quite like the idea that Best can occupy Mulgrew and hopefully contest a very good battle with him. That leaves Sears with enough pace and energy to exploit the lack of pace through their middle.

You can make a case for either given Lawrence likes to cut in and run at bodies and has been our most successful weapon when others have drawn and occupied opposition to let him do his thing.

Marshall likes to get forward and is more Carlos Edwards than Cafu. You'd hope that plays into Lawrence's hands, Knudsen set him up nicely there last time we played them, and Chambers had lots of success going forwards which makes me hopeful we might see more of the same with better finishing and more opportunities.

I do think this is a game where Andre could make a splash. He should have room to operate on a decent pitch with holes in the midfield. Another Brizzle cameo might be what he needs too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Striking options today then on 10:49 - Jan 14 with 539 viewsGuthrum

Or you could stick Sears out wide for his pace and put Lawrence in the middle, given the latter is equally comfortable in that role and on form in front of goal?

Then bring on Dozzell after an hour to replace Sears (who has had free rein to burn all his energy in that time) and push Lawrence out onto the wing for a fresh assault.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Striking options today then on 10:52 - Jan 14 with 521 viewsMullet

Striking options today then on 10:49 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

Or you could stick Sears out wide for his pace and put Lawrence in the middle, given the latter is equally comfortable in that role and on form in front of goal?

Then bring on Dozzell after an hour to replace Sears (who has had free rein to burn all his energy in that time) and push Lawrence out onto the wing for a fresh assault.

I prefer Lawrence as a 10 in theory, but that means without Williams putting Sears on the left which, only works in 15 min bursts for me. I also think it wastes Dozzell if both are on the pitch as Lawrence is far more versatile and whatnot.

I think it's Sears vs Ward for the wide position.

I hope we don't go three at the back given Emnes' ability to move so much and so quickly. If it's him up top with Long that could be too much experience to risk again. With CB's not sure who to pick up that might be a gift of a goal or two all things considered.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Striking options today then on 10:56 - Jan 14 with 492 viewsGuthrum

Striking options today then on 10:52 - Jan 14 by Mullet

I prefer Lawrence as a 10 in theory, but that means without Williams putting Sears on the left which, only works in 15 min bursts for me. I also think it wastes Dozzell if both are on the pitch as Lawrence is far more versatile and whatnot.

I think it's Sears vs Ward for the wide position.

I hope we don't go three at the back given Emnes' ability to move so much and so quickly. If it's him up top with Long that could be too much experience to risk again. With CB's not sure who to pick up that might be a gift of a goal or two all things considered.

Also think that Knudsen is not as suited to the wing-back role as Kenlock.

And has Pitman definitely been ruled out?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024