Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where to drink in Lincoln? 08:13 - Jan 15 with 2782 viewsbluearmyitfc

Any idea where to drink on Tuesday, I'm traveling up from midday so will have plenty of time. Anyone know how many tickets we have sold?
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 08:38 - Jan 15 with 2741 viewsSuffolk_Mauler

Anywhere up the Bailgate (top of city, steep hill) is very nice, some lovely pubs up there. You can work your way down the hill
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 08:42 - Jan 15 with 2724 viewsbluearmyitfc

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 08:38 - Jan 15 by Suffolk_Mauler

Anywhere up the Bailgate (top of city, steep hill) is very nice, some lovely pubs up there. You can work your way down the hill

Cheers
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 10:01 - Jan 15 with 2644 viewsPlums

If you like real ale, head round the back of the castle, there are some lovely small, 'proper' pubs about.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 11:33 - Jan 15 with 2572 viewstheblueginger

I second this. Start at the Magna Carta in between the Cathedral and Castle, head down. There are several nice pubs down steep hill and a couple of more bar-like places at the bottom, and a large spoons (the Ritz) about 10 mins from the ground.

Source...spent 3 years at uni there.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 11:35]
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 12:23 - Jan 15 with 2498 viewsbobwya

As someone has said round the back of the castle 2 real ale pubs The Victoria and The Strugglers- so called because there used to be a bigger there. But the straightforward route the Magna Camera at the top of Steep Hill.. Walking down a few pubs straight on into high street - across the rail crossing The Treaty of Commerce then the Ritz then intro the ground
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 12:55 - Jan 15 with 2442 viewsTractorWood

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 11:33 - Jan 15 by theblueginger

I second this. Start at the Magna Carta in between the Cathedral and Castle, head down. There are several nice pubs down steep hill and a couple of more bar-like places at the bottom, and a large spoons (the Ritz) about 10 mins from the ground.

Source...spent 3 years at uni there.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 11:35]

Apart from Gatwick, where would you consider as decent parking options?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 14:18 - Jan 15 with 2356 viewsbluepirate

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 12:23 - Jan 15 by bobwya

As someone has said round the back of the castle 2 real ale pubs The Victoria and The Strugglers- so called because there used to be a bigger there. But the straightforward route the Magna Camera at the top of Steep Hill.. Walking down a few pubs straight on into high street - across the rail crossing The Treaty of Commerce then the Ritz then intro the ground

The Vic used to be my local, I was home for Christmas and live nipping in for a pint. Having said that, it's a hell of a walk to the ground from up there, but you can see it at the bottom of the hill.
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 2338 viewsbluepirate

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 12:55 - Jan 15 by TractorWood

Ciny Bank is an old style ground, with mazy terraced houses on one side; a river, fire station and training ground on the others. You can often find a spot on the street, or along the High Street south of the pedestrian area are some parking lots that you can use and walk over to the ground. You used to be able to park near South Common too, on the A15. This then makes it an easy route out to the A46 and out of Lincoln.
Login to get fewer ads

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 14:34 - Jan 15 with 2326 viewsimpster

It's hard work finding a parking space on the street when we get 4,500 so with 10,000 being expected I'd recommend going on the south common which is just a short 5min walk from the ground. Think they charge £2 or £3
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 14:38]
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 08:52 - Jan 16 with 2069 viewsHillimp

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 14:34 - Jan 15 by impster

It's hard work finding a parking space on the street when we get 4,500 so with 10,000 being expected I'd recommend going on the south common which is just a short 5min walk from the ground. Think they charge £2 or £3
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 14:38]

Where you may have an advantage over everyone else is that if you are already in Lincoln you can park anywhere on the High street after 6pm for free. Choose somewhere to park towards the south end and walk back up for a meal, lots of good pubs and eateries but the Modern Tandoori has a good reputation if you like a ruby, or Wetherpoons (Ritz) in the same area for cheap pub grub. That way you stand to get a head start on the traffic going south after the match which will be busy with 3000 plus cars on the same single track road. Hope this helps.
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 09:42 - Jan 16 with 2030 viewsmikeybloo88

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 08:52 - Jan 16 by Hillimp

Where you may have an advantage over everyone else is that if you are already in Lincoln you can park anywhere on the High street after 6pm for free. Choose somewhere to park towards the south end and walk back up for a meal, lots of good pubs and eateries but the Modern Tandoori has a good reputation if you like a ruby, or Wetherpoons (Ritz) in the same area for cheap pub grub. That way you stand to get a head start on the traffic going south after the match which will be busy with 3000 plus cars on the same single track road. Hope this helps.

To be fair Hillimp, the A46 is a bit better than a single track road, but I get your meaning that it will be a nightmare until you get past Moor Lane crossroads. An alternative might be to park west of High Street round the Toysrus area, only 10 mins from ground, after match head west towards Saxilby and pick up the A46 (bypass) there and head south to Newark and A1. Slightly longer in distance but might avoid the worst of the southbound traffic?
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 09:59 - Jan 16 with 2002 viewsSalfordimp

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 14:18 - Jan 15 by bluepirate

The Vic used to be my local, I was home for Christmas and live nipping in for a pint. Having said that, it's a hell of a walk to the ground from up there, but you can see it at the bottom of the hill.

If you are into real, I suggest the Golden Eagle which is close to the ground. But expect this to busy pre-match with the gate expected.

http://www.castlerockbrewery.co.uk/pubs/golden-eagle/
Where to drink in Lincoln? on 10:03 - Jan 16 with 1988 viewshype313

I'd still consider Gatwick.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 10:05 - Jan 16 with 1981 viewsTractorWood

Where to drink in Lincoln? on 10:03 - Jan 16 by hype313

I'd still consider Gatwick.

Never rule it out.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024