Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? 09:49 - Jan 15 with 7247 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The atmosphere, the performance, the feel good factor and the fist pump.

It just felt like a message between fans and players of 'the past is the past, let's move on now together and get back to how it was. Clean slate.'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 06:54 - Jan 16 with 1189 viewspowinswitch

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 19:36 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

Yes. Take Lawrence out and we'd only be fielding 10 players which would, of course, put us at a disadvantage.

I'm not missing the point at all. We are playing more expansive football (that is what I would call it, what would you call it?) - just a couple of months ago, certain of our fans were indicating that they'd be happy with us trying to play more attacking football, not necessarily be the finished product and be winning every week just yet, but at least trying to entertain.

That's that we are doing.

Of course, if the moaners a couple of months ago had said that the goals we scored had to be team goals, nothing too spectacular, you know, you'd possibly have a point.

Sincere apologies Mr Superfrans. That was meant as an uppie, not a down arrow Fat fingers on an old un, trying his best with technology. Never gonna work with a simple Suffolk boy like I.

I would have been one of those calling for more expansive football, and we got that exactly on Saturday. Fair play to McCarthy. As you have said I don't think we can set up this way for every game, but I do think it should be the rule and not the exception. I'd certainly like t see us try it in most home games. I do think we tried to play similarly at home to Bristol City, and Rotherham

I don't think Mick has it in him to not set up to lose on many occasions. However I am happy to be proved wrong and to come on here and say I was wrong. If mick can set us up to win on more occasions that not, then I will be much happier.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 09:48 - Jan 16 with 1116 viewsitfcjoe

It's more likely to be a false dawn than a turning point.

We need to get all our players back fit, and a couple of signings in and we will be heading in right direction......but with the games we have coming up things could quite easly be back to where they were.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 09:54 - Jan 16 with 1096 viewsKieran_Knows

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 09:48 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

It's more likely to be a false dawn than a turning point.

We need to get all our players back fit, and a couple of signings in and we will be heading in right direction......but with the games we have coming up things could quite easly be back to where they were.

Indeed, the rest of this month and February looks very tough on paper.

I hope we persist with 3-5-2, and as you say, we really need to add another couple of faces to the squad to freshen things up.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 10:03 - Jan 16 with 1084 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:18 - Jan 15 by bluejake78

The only 2 top six are Brighton and Newcastle the rest are also rans.

Leeds look very good also, as do Derby on the whole. But Leeds gave Derby an absolute lesson on Friday night.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 10:18 - Jan 16 with 1075 viewsrickw

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 09:54 - Jan 16 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, the rest of this month and February looks very tough on paper.

I hope we persist with 3-5-2, and as you say, we really need to add another couple of faces to the squad to freshen things up.

Yeah I'm glad Mick didn't completely give up on 352 after abandoning it at half time the other week.
I believe on the pitch we want 3 things - good results, entertaining football and youths given chances and perhaps Saturday was the first time we've had all 3 together

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 22:53 - Jan 17 with 1010 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fecken fantastic turning point!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 22:55 - Jan 17 with 992 viewsTheBlueBarca

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 22:53 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

Turning right round and heading back down again!

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 22:56 - Jan 17 with 983 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 22:53 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

I bet you were sitting there waiting for this with a big grin

Login to get fewer ads

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 23:00 - Jan 17 with 958 viewspeterleeblue

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 22:56 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I bet you were sitting there waiting for this with a big grin

To be fair Rommy you were warned
Still at least you weren't around for Man Utd 9 Ipswich 0. Right now don't
what is worse.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 23:04 - Jan 17 with 926 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 23:00 - Jan 17 by peterleeblue

To be fair Rommy you were warned
Still at least you weren't around for Man Utd 9 Ipswich 0. Right now don't
what is worse.

I was warned indeed

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 23:06 - Jan 17 with 905 viewsBenters

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 23:04 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I was warned indeed

believe ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024