Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? 09:49 - Jan 15 with 7230 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The atmosphere, the performance, the feel good factor and the fist pump.

It just felt like a message between fans and players of 'the past is the past, let's move on now together and get back to how it was. Clean slate.'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 15:22 - Jan 15 with 1713 viewsBlueastheycome

There is a correlation between the fact that we were playing well and scoring goals so the fans getting behind the team. The team and club have had a lot to answer for recently but when they put in the quality and performance like yesterday it really does lift the fans. That's all we ask for. Simples.

Also sets up a positive mindset for the travelling fans on Tuesday night which will mean we will play our part more for the tele cameras.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 15:23]
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 15:33 - Jan 15 with 1691 viewscrunchie1978

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 15:20 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I'm going to assume you weren't at the game or you're trolling.

Was at game...and how's that a troll? We played better than previous games but still far from what I'd call us playing well...we seem as though we are clueless in the last 3rd of the field...hence why we need a goalscorer...could be one from a lower league just somebody who knows where the net is.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 15:58 - Jan 15 with 1664 viewspointofblue

Let's be honest, Bristol City felt like a turning point of sorts but we then conspired to lose at QPR then embarrassed ourselves against Lincoln. We're currently going round in an inconsistency circle and only a run of good performances AND results will get us out of it. Maybe we'll look back on yesterday as the start of our season - but it could easily be another match of the rollercoaster season we're having.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 16:07]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:06 - Jan 15 with 1649 viewsHerbivore

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 15:33 - Jan 15 by crunchie1978

Was at game...and how's that a troll? We played better than previous games but still far from what I'd call us playing well...we seem as though we are clueless in the last 3rd of the field...hence why we need a goalscorer...could be one from a lower league just somebody who knows where the net is.

We scored three goals yesterday and created a number of other openings. We dominated the game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:11 - Jan 15 with 1639 viewsLuk38644

I hope that's the case Rommers, I think most of us are in agreement that if MM and this squad could turn it around, that's the best case scenario.

That said, it was one game, one swallow doesn't make a summer and it's a long way back for MM with some fans.

We'll see, here's hoping!
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:13 - Jan 15 with 1630 viewsHerbivore

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:11 - Jan 15 by Luk38644

I hope that's the case Rommers, I think most of us are in agreement that if MM and this squad could turn it around, that's the best case scenario.

That said, it was one game, one swallow doesn't make a summer and it's a long way back for MM with some fans.

We'll see, here's hoping!

Three wins in our last four home games in the league though, scoring eight times in the process. That's not too shabby.

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:16 - Jan 15 with 1617 viewsLuk38644

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:13 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Three wins in our last four home games in the league though, scoring eight times in the process. That's not too shabby.

Of course it's an improvement, but our main problem this season has been consistency and that's something that forms over a couple or a few months, so hopefully we can keep the decent results going while using a system like yesterday that's entertaining.

A start would be to win against Huddersfield and get our first back-to-back wins of the season.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:29 - Jan 15 with 1592 viewsHerbivore

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:16 - Jan 15 by Luk38644

Of course it's an improvement, but our main problem this season has been consistency and that's something that forms over a couple or a few months, so hopefully we can keep the decent results going while using a system like yesterday that's entertaining.

A start would be to win against Huddersfield and get our first back-to-back wins of the season.

Let's hope so. Despite their lofty position I'm not convinced by Huddersfield (or Reading for that matter) so I wouldn't rule us out of getting a result.

Login to get fewer ads

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 1576 viewscrunchie1978

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:06 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

We scored three goals yesterday and created a number of other openings. We dominated the game.

Yes we did score 3 but look at the goals we have scored....thunderbolts by Lawrence recently...I'm talking about us converting our chances...we need a striker badly.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:35 - Jan 15 with 1568 viewsHerbivore

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:33 - Jan 15 by crunchie1978

Yes we did score 3 but look at the goals we have scored....thunderbolts by Lawrence recently...I'm talking about us converting our chances...we need a striker badly.

We could do with another striker and we're trying to sign one. But we scored three goals yesterday and played some really good stuff, and your description of the game initially did not stack up with what actually happened yesterday.

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:58 - Jan 15 with 1548 viewsblueblood66

Depends if MM sticks with the system and players. If he reverts to type, which has done every season he has been here, it will change quickly.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:10 - Jan 15 with 1525 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 16:29 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Let's hope so. Despite their lofty position I'm not convinced by Huddersfield (or Reading for that matter) so I wouldn't rule us out of getting a result.

Reading were definitely a bit fortunate to beat us back in September.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:12 - Jan 15 with 1516 viewsHerbivore

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:10 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

Reading were definitely a bit fortunate to beat us back in September.

Yep. They didn't look up to much against QPR the other night either.

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:15 - Jan 15 with 1514 viewsSuperfrans

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 15:16 - Jan 15 by crunchie1978

It would take a lot more than that...might of been a different story if Bart hadn't of pulled off that brilliant save in the first half...it was a ground out victory which I'm afraid under the current regime is all we can hope for......and we won't kill off teams until we sign a goalscorer.....thank God for tom Lawrence.

Quick point of order. 2/3 months ago when we couldn't buy a goal but also had the best defence in the league, those calling for change were insisting that they didn't mind if we conceded more goals, as long as we went on attack in games and scored more goals - even losing a game 2-3 was better than setting up defensively from v the outset.

We're now playing a more expansive game, scoring more goals and going for games.

And yet you still say yesterday was a ground out victory? Still not good enough?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:18 - Jan 15 with 1508 viewsbluejake78

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:12 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Yep. They didn't look up to much against QPR the other night either.

The only 2 top six are Brighton and Newcastle the rest are also rans.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 18:03 - Jan 15 with 1470 viewscrunchie1978

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 17:15 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

Quick point of order. 2/3 months ago when we couldn't buy a goal but also had the best defence in the league, those calling for change were insisting that they didn't mind if we conceded more goals, as long as we went on attack in games and scored more goals - even losing a game 2-3 was better than setting up defensively from v the outset.

We're now playing a more expansive game, scoring more goals and going for games.

And yet you still say yesterday was a ground out victory? Still not good enough?

You seem to be missing the point here...yes we play expansive football as you call it...yet the goals are mainly all screamers what worries me is when our good play gets us in decent positions like yesterday we seem clueless in the box and have no one to put it away...and to the original question of was it a turning point I don't think so...going to take a lot more to win me back round...take Lawrence out and where would we be...but I did think yesterday was definitely a change for the better they did look as though they actually wanted to play football for a change.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 18:16 - Jan 15 with 1451 viewsBenters

I think it will take a nice little run put together to really feel like that.

Believe ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 18:18 - Jan 15 with 1433 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 18:16 - Jan 15 by Benters

I think it will take a nice little run put together to really feel like that.

Believe ?

The mood in the stadium was different

It felt different to other wins

BELIEVE seemed like a message both fans and players understood mutually at full time..

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 19:36 - Jan 15 with 1369 viewsSuperfrans

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 18:03 - Jan 15 by crunchie1978

You seem to be missing the point here...yes we play expansive football as you call it...yet the goals are mainly all screamers what worries me is when our good play gets us in decent positions like yesterday we seem clueless in the box and have no one to put it away...and to the original question of was it a turning point I don't think so...going to take a lot more to win me back round...take Lawrence out and where would we be...but I did think yesterday was definitely a change for the better they did look as though they actually wanted to play football for a change.

Yes. Take Lawrence out and we'd only be fielding 10 players which would, of course, put us at a disadvantage.

I'm not missing the point at all. We are playing more expansive football (that is what I would call it, what would you call it?) - just a couple of months ago, certain of our fans were indicating that they'd be happy with us trying to play more attacking football, not necessarily be the finished product and be winning every week just yet, but at least trying to entertain.

That's that we are doing.

Of course, if the moaners a couple of months ago had said that the goals we scored had to be team goals, nothing too spectacular, you know, you'd possibly have a point.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 19:37 - Jan 15 with 1365 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 19:36 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

Yes. Take Lawrence out and we'd only be fielding 10 players which would, of course, put us at a disadvantage.

I'm not missing the point at all. We are playing more expansive football (that is what I would call it, what would you call it?) - just a couple of months ago, certain of our fans were indicating that they'd be happy with us trying to play more attacking football, not necessarily be the finished product and be winning every week just yet, but at least trying to entertain.

That's that we are doing.

Of course, if the moaners a couple of months ago had said that the goals we scored had to be team goals, nothing too spectacular, you know, you'd possibly have a point.

You make a fantastic point about us doing what the moaners have asked for.

The last 5/6 weeks have been entertaining for the most part

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 05:20 - Jan 16 with 1284 viewsBenters

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 18:18 - Jan 15 by The_Romford_Blue

The mood in the stadium was different

It felt different to other wins

BELIEVE seemed like a message both fans and players understood mutually at full time..

Who would have thunk it? give the fans a performance to be pleasing on the eye and everybody is happy...

Happy=cheering and no boos,its not hard is it ffs !

Gentlybentley

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 05:59 - Jan 16 with 1277 viewsbrogansnose

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 05:20 - Jan 16 by Benters

Who would have thunk it? give the fans a performance to be pleasing on the eye and everybody is happy...

Bristol, QPR which I didn't go to and now Blackburn were games that we played in a better style and fans can actually see some signs of progress in this department. I can't see a total transition to better football happening overnight and Mick certainly won't play like that against everyone because we'll get absolutely muntered but if the fans can see us working towards that end then I believe that they'll support it as they did on Saturday. Quite frankly i find it impossible to just stand there and 'get behind the team' when its abject rubbish like the cup game aginst Lincoln. It s two way thing.

The big talking point was the Chambers interview and I feel that it helped with peoples mindset towards the club. Even those who are most critical who I talked to on Saturday seemed to think that enough is enough and his comments showed that we are all in this together with the finger pointing more to Evans.

Anyhow, we'll see.
Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 06:29 - Jan 16 with 1270 viewsBenters

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 05:59 - Jan 16 by brogansnose

Bristol, QPR which I didn't go to and now Blackburn were games that we played in a better style and fans can actually see some signs of progress in this department. I can't see a total transition to better football happening overnight and Mick certainly won't play like that against everyone because we'll get absolutely muntered but if the fans can see us working towards that end then I believe that they'll support it as they did on Saturday. Quite frankly i find it impossible to just stand there and 'get behind the team' when its abject rubbish like the cup game aginst Lincoln. It s two way thing.

The big talking point was the Chambers interview and I feel that it helped with peoples mindset towards the club. Even those who are most critical who I talked to on Saturday seemed to think that enough is enough and his comments showed that we are all in this together with the finger pointing more to Evans.

Anyhow, we'll see.

Im still having nightmares after the Forest game,i just hope we atleast turn up tomorrow night !

Still a win is a win and three goals scored is happy .

Gentlybentley

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 06:38 - Jan 16 with 1264 viewsjeera

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 05:20 - Jan 16 by Benters

It's a two way street Bentley.

Like any relationship.

It's not hard chap, no.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 06:40 - Jan 16 with 1262 viewsBenters

Didn't yesterday feel like a turning point? on 06:38 - Jan 16 by jeera

It's a two way street Bentley.

Like any relationship.

It's not hard chap, no.

Indeed .

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024