Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal 13:36 - Jan 15 with 3267 viewsDolly2.0

Lawrence's wonder strike bent and dipped so wickedly that I initially thought it was going wide or over. In fact in that split second I thought he was mad to shoot from there and that he'd wasted it, with passing options on. Couldn't quite believe my eyes when the net bulged. It seemed to defy the laws of physics!

He was already my man of the match before that strike. Absolutely unplayable at times, buzzing about the pitch like his life depended on it. One thing I noticed, that you don't see with many of our own players, is that he seemed to be enjoying himself. This wasn't work, this was fun. He had a swagger about him.

Lovely to watch but also tinged with sadness that he'll never be ours and we're just developing him for Leicester.

Let's hope Dozzell can be a bit like that. He showed a few signs of it himself; for example I remember a nice little drop of the shoulder from him to fool an opponent. He also buzzes about the pitch. I've missed a few games lately but he was excellent yesterday. The system seemed to suit him and I didn't notice this "lightweight" tag affecting him too much.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 00:37 - Jan 17 with 669 viewsRocky

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 00:13 - Jan 17 by Dolly2.0

As someone who I know didn't go, why are you so sure it was deflected? The TV is clearly unclear. And why, when you can't be sure, would you err on the side of fluke?

Try as I might, I really don't understand you at times Monsieur Benterloons.

"Clearly unclear" sums it up.
One hell of a strike and if you hit the ball that sweetly, there's not a lot a g/k can do.
Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 04:50 - Jan 17 with 629 viewsBenters

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 00:13 - Jan 17 by Dolly2.0

As someone who I know didn't go, why are you so sure it was deflected? The TV is clearly unclear. And why, when you can't be sure, would you err on the side of fluke?

Try as I might, I really don't understand you at times Monsieur Benterloons.

It did take a deflection i saw it on the first viewing .

You cant see as you dont want to see it.

The End.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 04:55 - Jan 17 with 627 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 04:50 - Jan 17 by Benters

It did take a deflection i saw it on the first viewing .

You cant see as you dont want to see it.

The End.

In fairness benters it looks like a deflection on the TV

But it didn't at the game

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:00 - Jan 17 with 625 viewsBenters

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 04:55 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

In fairness benters it looks like a deflection on the TV

But it didn't at the game

So i am right then go on say it Dolly wont ..

Gentlybentley

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:18 - Jan 17 with 617 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:00 - Jan 17 by Benters

So i am right then go on say it Dolly wont ..

Eh?

I'm saying I don't know either way.

My brother and his mate both agreed that it didn't deflect but just had lots of swerve and dip. And then when we got home, we thought perhaps it deflected..

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:24 - Jan 17 with 609 viewsBenters

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:18 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Eh?

I'm saying I don't know either way.

My brother and his mate both agreed that it didn't deflect but just had lots of swerve and dip. And then when we got home, we thought perhaps it deflected..

It did deflect defo info who cares anyway he is a great player !

Can town sign him though ?

Gentlybentley

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:26 - Jan 17 with 604 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:24 - Jan 17 by Benters

It did deflect defo info who cares anyway he is a great player !

Can town sign him though ?

Yeah it doesn't matter really

And no. No chance at all

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 06:34 - Jan 17 with 595 viewsBenters

Erm, it got a deflection. (n/t) on 05:26 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah it doesn't matter really

And no. No chance at all

Shame innit

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 08:43 - Jan 17 with 565 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Was a blatant deflection.

BOT

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 09:00 - Jan 17 with 553 viewstextbackup

more than anything I noticed with Doz how easy he makes passing a football look. he doesn't stop or have to adjust his body, he just runs with the ball at his feet and befoe you know it that stride was also a pass and he's into space ready to receive it again.
the lightweight thing isn't an issue IMO, plenty of big guys in our team to look after him out there, Dyer was smaller than him and did just fine.
no doubt he'll get clattered, and taken off a few times, but that can happen to anyone.
I just want/need to see him , Lawrence, ward etc doing their stuff at carrow road and get us a win, then i'll be happy for the season! :)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 09:04 - Jan 17 with 551 viewsKieran_Knows

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 09:00 - Jan 17 by textbackup

more than anything I noticed with Doz how easy he makes passing a football look. he doesn't stop or have to adjust his body, he just runs with the ball at his feet and befoe you know it that stride was also a pass and he's into space ready to receive it again.
the lightweight thing isn't an issue IMO, plenty of big guys in our team to look after him out there, Dyer was smaller than him and did just fine.
no doubt he'll get clattered, and taken off a few times, but that can happen to anyone.
I just want/need to see him , Lawrence, ward etc doing their stuff at carrow road and get us a win, then i'll be happy for the season! :)

Agree about Dozzell, how nice to have a midfielder that actually plays on the half turn to open the pitch up. I also agree with Mick's comments about 3-5-2, it allows us to get Dozzell in the side and just let him do his thing.

I'd personally go with the same team tonight, with the exception of Gerken in for Bart.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 09:15 - Jan 17 with 544 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 09:00 - Jan 17 by textbackup

Here's a question for you Texters.. If we stick with 3-5-2 for the season and try to keep it on the floor like we did against QPR, Bristol city, Lincoln (albeit badly) and Blackburn whilst playing the youngsters like Emmanuel, dozzell and Kenlock (when fit) but stay as a mid table side for the seasons, would there be any possibility for you of reversing your opinion on mick?

Or is it too far gone for you?

Genuine question

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 10:25 - Jan 17 with 513 viewsDolly2.0

For those not at the game or don't sit behind the NS goal on 08:43 - Jan 17 by BorisOrTrevor

Was a blatant deflection.

Surely this thread is proof enough that it wasn't blatant?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024