Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move 18:23 - Jan 15 with 5979 viewsMullet

Well we probably haven't have we? Gotta love good old twitter.

What's he on a week? £30k? £40k? Let alone a £5m+ fee innit. Do these people not do their homework?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 19:58 - Jan 15 with 1884 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 18:51 - Jan 15 by Mullet

I am a savage bastard innit.

You've always been this way, well, since we beat you up on the school bus...

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:00 - Jan 15 with 1868 viewstextbackup

Anyone that seriously think we stand a chance of signing him on a perm basis really is an idiot. That I hope that offends, how could anyone even think there's 5% chance... same as Fraser last season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:02 - Jan 15 with 1847 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:00 - Jan 15 by textbackup

Anyone that seriously think we stand a chance of signing him on a perm basis really is an idiot. That I hope that offends, how could anyone even think there's 5% chance... same as Fraser last season.

you have become so cynical

part of the enjoyment of a transfer window is surely the speculation ?

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:04 - Jan 15 with 1832 viewsdavblue

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:00 - Jan 15 by textbackup

If Evans was to go big that's the type of player we should be signing,
Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 1750 viewshoppy

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 19:09 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

I was eliminated week 1. They did a challenge where we got sweet potatoes, tomatoes, fillet mignon, mushrooms and red onions. I sold it all to another contestant for £20 and ordered a Dominos.

Turns out Greg Wallace doesn't like being called a bald headed tw@t and having his head used as a bongo. You can't please some people.

Just desserts then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:26 - Jan 15 with 1726 viewsKeno

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:23 - Jan 15 by hoppy

Just desserts then?

a post like that isn't to be trifled with

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:28 - Jan 15 with 1710 viewstextbackup

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:02 - Jan 15 by BaltachaFanClub

you have become so cynical

part of the enjoyment of a transfer window is surely the speculation ?

Realistic you mean. It's dream world thinking we could get prem quality here on a fee that we won't pay. No point thinking that big, hate to say it but it's true

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:33 - Jan 15 with 1668 viewstextbackup

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:04 - Jan 15 by davblue

If Evans was to go big that's the type of player we should be signing,

Of course. But he isn't, and we aren't

Login to get fewer ads

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:39 - Jan 15 with 1644 viewsBaltachaFanClub

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:28 - Jan 15 by textbackup

Realistic you mean. It's dream world thinking we could get prem quality here on a fee that we won't pay. No point thinking that big, hate to say it but it's true

It's nice sometimes to dream.

And in all honesty if 3 seasons ago you had been told we would still see Johnny Williams at town what would you have said (I accept he doesn't play, but you know what I am getting at)

We have seen Sylvain Legwinski, Ivan Campo, Finidi George, all wear town shirts, and all of them came with bigger reputations than little old Ipswich garner

Go on mate, just crack a smile and dare to dream a little.

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:41 - Jan 15 with 1630 viewsDolly2.0

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 18:50 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

Not having a go because if you didn't, someone else would buy why do we give these idiots the attention they crave? You have to be one sad bastard to crave anonymous attention via Twitter.

Oh and your thread title is horribly misleading. Although I immediately thought yea right I did hold out 1% hope this had come directly from Lawrence.

His subject title is deliberately misleading in order to make one click. As sad as the people who post this carp on twitter.

Should be banned along with the "goal" posts we used to get imo.

I'll probably get slated for this, but ho hum.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:44 - Jan 15 with 1590 viewstextbackup

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 20:39 - Jan 15 by BaltachaFanClub

It's nice sometimes to dream.

And in all honesty if 3 seasons ago you had been told we would still see Johnny Williams at town what would you have said (I accept he doesn't play, but you know what I am getting at)

We have seen Sylvain Legwinski, Ivan Campo, Finidi George, all wear town shirts, and all of them came with bigger reputations than little old Ipswich garner

Go on mate, just crack a smile and dare to dream a little.

If after the first season someone said about JW I'd have been chuffed, after the second I'd have said no thanks. The third has proved to be pointless

You can dream all you want mate, it's pointless and you'll be left feeling flat when we don't sign him, but that's your call. 99% know there's no point of hin coming here so may as well just accept that

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 21:20 - Jan 15 with 1493 viewsThe_Major

Lovely idea and all that, but we've probably got more chance of signing D H Lawrence.

And he's been dead since 1930.
Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 22:05 - Jan 15 with 1416 viewsGuthrum

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 21:20 - Jan 15 by The_Major

Lovely idea and all that, but we've probably got more chance of signing D H Lawrence.

And he's been dead since 1930.

Would prefer TE Lawrence, at least he was good with tactics. And less obsessed with blood and sex.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 22:45 - Jan 15 with 1308 viewsbluejake78

He's Welsh and not a Paddy.
Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 23:04 - Jan 15 with 1260 viewspointofblue

I think, if we elected to abandon every other transfer deal this January and just spent all time and money on this, then I would be happy. I think he'd be an excellent purchase moving forward and a much needed one.

But others are right - never going to happen.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 23:06]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 00:06 - Jan 16 with 1152 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 18:25 - Jan 15 by ElderGrizzly

It's ITK innit.

Leicester were touting him for £5m in the summer to various clubs. I'd suggest his performances have made that fee higher?

Wages are *only* around £20k a week apparently, but that's still way above our structure.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 18:26]

Only slightly above our top wage earner.

And if we want to go anywhere we are going to have to start shelling out bigger wages and significant transfer fees.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 00:14 - Jan 16 with 1125 viewsjeera

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 00:06 - Jan 16 by The_Last_Baron

Only slightly above our top wage earner.

And if we want to go anywhere we are going to have to start shelling out bigger wages and significant transfer fees.

And 'we' would all love to see it, only it's not 'we' is it?

'We' are magnificent in spending money 'we' don't have and actually belongs to someone else.

We have no choice but to be realistic.

There are some positive signs in those coming through but 'we' will need to sell here and there, as usual, to keep the books balanced and the club afloat.

Buying big isn't our niche atm.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 05:16 - Jan 16 with 1038 viewsBenters

Lawrence: We've opened talks for a permanent move on 18:41 - Jan 15 by brazil1982

1) We can't afford £5m
2) We can't afford those wages
3) He wouldn't want to sign permanently.

Well apart from that ...

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024