Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U2 tickets. 09:21 - Jan 16 with 1487 viewsBlueNomad

Tickets went on sale at 09.00hrs through Ticketmaster At 09.06 buyers were diverted to getmein with a 4x mark up! Ticketmaster have become "legitimate" touts!
U2 tickets. on 09:37 - Jan 16 with 1431 viewsbobwya

Why would anyone want tickets for such an over rated and over hyped band ? In the same category as Coldplay
U2 tickets. on 09:45 - Jan 16 with 1394 viewsBlueNomad

U2 tickets. on 09:37 - Jan 16 by bobwya

Why would anyone want tickets for such an over rated and over hyped band ? In the same category as Coldplay

It is irrelevant who the act is - it is an outrageous rip-off. This is not intended to be a discussion about the merits of any particular act.
U2 tickets. on 09:49 - Jan 16 with 1373 viewshoppy

U2 tickets. on 09:45 - Jan 16 by BlueNomad

It is irrelevant who the act is - it is an outrageous rip-off. This is not intended to be a discussion about the merits of any particular act.

Although to be fair, for some acts it would be good to be diverted to dodgedabullet.com where you have the option to not purchase ripoff tickets.

I agree with you on the OP. That isn't right at all, given how much they say don't buy from touts, and are pimping them themselves.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

U2 tickets. on 10:29 - Jan 16 with 1317 viewsGogs

I don't understand the legality of sites like Getmein, it does seem like it's legitimising ticket touting though. I get NFL season tickets each year, and last year I had 2 spare tickets tor Giants v Rams and sold them on there, and you can put whatever price you want on the tickets, pretty much with no questions asked. For the record I marked my tickets up from the £60 I paid to £75, which is way less than other people were trying to sell them for, but consequently they sold very quickly. All seemed very easy. I guess you run the risk of trying to be too greedy and not selling your tickets if you price them too high. That's a bit different to management companies buying up loads of tickets and flogging them at 3 to 4 times face value though, which is purely greed
U2 tickets. on 10:40 - Jan 16 with 1286 viewsSWGF

U2 tickets. on 10:29 - Jan 16 by Gogs

I don't understand the legality of sites like Getmein, it does seem like it's legitimising ticket touting though. I get NFL season tickets each year, and last year I had 2 spare tickets tor Giants v Rams and sold them on there, and you can put whatever price you want on the tickets, pretty much with no questions asked. For the record I marked my tickets up from the £60 I paid to £75, which is way less than other people were trying to sell them for, but consequently they sold very quickly. All seemed very easy. I guess you run the risk of trying to be too greedy and not selling your tickets if you price them too high. That's a bit different to management companies buying up loads of tickets and flogging them at 3 to 4 times face value though, which is purely greed

Is ticket touting illegal? Think it is for football but not sure it is for concerts.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

U2 tickets. on 11:03 - Jan 16 with 1243 viewsGogs

U2 tickets. on 10:40 - Jan 16 by SWGF

Is ticket touting illegal? Think it is for football but not sure it is for concerts.

that's just it, I don't know the law behind it all. I can only presume it is legal, given how easy it is to do
U2 tickets. on 12:53 - Jan 16 with 1114 viewshampstead_blue

The other sites are owned by Ticket Master, I think.

Anyhow, why anyone would want to watch U2 live is beyond me. Their last good album was their second.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

U2 tickets. on 12:56 - Jan 16 with 1104 viewsGlasgowBlue

I had a result from Get Me In last week. My daughter is desperate to see Shawn Mendes and floor seating tickets were going for £200- £300. Then one came up for £49 and I snapped it up.

Been looking at that site every day for months.

Your point is correct though. It's a scandal that needs to be addressed as it happens all the time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

U2 tickets. on 12:58 - Jan 16 with 1091 viewsSuperfrans

It's absolutely scandalous. Not that I care a jot about U2, mind you...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

U2 tickets. on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 1073 viewshoppy

U2 tickets. on 12:53 - Jan 16 by hampstead_blue

Anyhow, why anyone would want to watch U2 live is beyond me. Their last good album was their second.

The one they're touring is The Joshua Tree, isn't it? I've seen advertising banners for it on here.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

U2 tickets. on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 1051 viewsGlasgowBlue

U2 tickets. on 10:29 - Jan 16 by Gogs

I use viagogo quite a lot. It's handy to look at on a Friday or Saturday morning to see what gig is on that night because people are selling their tickets well below face value at such a late stage. So if there is anything that looks like it will be a decent night out with the wife then I buy them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

U2 tickets. on 13:47 - Jan 16 with 985 viewsBlueNomad

U2 tickets. on 12:53 - Jan 16 by hampstead_blue

I started by saying that it is irrelevant who the act is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024