Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wage structures... 09:44 - Jan 16 with 1125 viewsSimonds92

I understand that the wage structure is in place and is kept strict to reduce discontent etc. in the squad. But after chambers interview the other day it's clear that the players are unhappy with the lack of investment in the squad and that they all like Lawrence. Should Chambers not speak to his team mates about going to mick / Evans and suggesting that they want to keep him at the club and wouldn't be against him earning the £20,000 a week he is reportedly on Obviously whether we could get anywhere near Leicester's valuation is a completely different matter, but the fact we would be willing to break the structure for him may be key for him?
Wage structures... on 09:50 - Jan 16 with 1071 viewsfactual_blue

We then price ourselves out of probably every potential future deal.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Wage structures... on 10:01 - Jan 16 with 1036 viewsitfcjoe

The problem is, if he earns that much, and anyone else has a great season they then need to and it just pushes up wages across the board.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wage structures... on 10:06 - Jan 16 with 1017 viewsWD19

As itfcjoe says, players would love someone else to be on more. It gives leverage to them all.

That's not a criticism. The players job is solely to win football matches and that is easier done if the club invest in better players. The players don't need to concern themselves with the balance sheet.
Wage structures... on 10:11 - Jan 16 with 983 viewsmickeyjb

Wage structures... on 10:06 - Jan 16 by WD19

As itfcjoe says, players would love someone else to be on more. It gives leverage to them all.

That's not a criticism. The players job is solely to win football matches and that is easier done if the club invest in better players. The players don't need to concern themselves with the balance sheet.

Agreed. This lad is quality and he is improving. He seems to have settled in now and winning games for us on his own. I've watched in envy as other teams have players who hit screamers from outside the box, now we have one. Players are all on different wages at the club I'm sure. They have to be realistic about their ability. The best players will be paid the most. And I'm thinking none of our current squad would think they are better than Laurence at the moment!
Wage structures... on 11:12 - Jan 16 with 906 viewsSimonds92

Wage structures... on 09:50 - Jan 16 by factual_blue

We then price ourselves out of probably every potential future deal.

Does it though? Most of us want to see signings of up and coming young players from lower divisions who would be earning significantly less anyway. Having him in the team is beneficial for the other players, increasing the chances of us being successful in the future which could lead to their own pay increases if we were to pull off a miracle and get promoted in a year or two.
Wage structures... on 12:01 - Jan 16 with 825 viewsmonty_radio

Wage structures... on 11:12 - Jan 16 by Simonds92

Does it though? Most of us want to see signings of up and coming young players from lower divisions who would be earning significantly less anyway. Having him in the team is beneficial for the other players, increasing the chances of us being successful in the future which could lead to their own pay increases if we were to pull off a miracle and get promoted in a year or two.

Even if the others were graciously to accept that he is head-and-shoulders above them, when form drops off, as it sometimes must, and others have a better spell, then they would be sure to follow his tracks to the manager's door.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wage structures... on 13:22 - Jan 16 with 736 viewstractorshark

I remember us breaking our wage structure to sign Jimmy Bullard permanently.
Worked out well.
Lawrence totally different as a player and prospect but I can't see us signing him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024