Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is the most depressing day of the year 10:08 - Jan 16 with 2648 viewsDolly2.0

Thank God we won on Saturday, people on here would be throwing themselves onto their keyboards.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:10 - Jan 16 with 1801 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it really though?

January 2nd/3rd - first day back at work - takes some beating IMO.

What's so depressing about today?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:11 - Jan 16 with 1790 viewsSteve_M

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:10 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

Is it really though?

Some tedious annual marketing campaign to brand it as such.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:11 - Jan 16 with 1795 viewsCotty

It's the most depressing day of the year if you believe studies in red tops funded by package holiday companies.
Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:13 - Jan 16 with 1783 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, there's probably a couple really sad that we won...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:14 - Jan 16 with 1768 viewseireblue

Is it really though?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_(date)
Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:15 - Jan 16 with 1753 viewsBlueBadger

Is it really though?

For me, it's the fact that gullible types still roll it out as some kind of scientific fact.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/bluemonday.asp

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:15 - Jan 16 with 1752 viewsfactual_blue

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:13 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, there's probably a couple really sad that we won...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:22]

The fact that trumpy thinks brexit is good is depressing and proof that it isn't good.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:18 - Jan 16 with 1746 viewsBlueBadger

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:15 - Jan 16 by factual_blue

The fact that trumpy thinks brexit is good is depressing and proof that it isn't good.

[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:19]

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:20 - Jan 16 with 1729 viewsfactual_blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:18 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

It's already a tax haven

RULE BRITANNIA

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:20 - Jan 16 with 1724 viewsBlueBadger

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:18 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

I have no idea where that's all gone, but I can't be arsed typing it out again. So imagine something really cutting about America's Great White Hope, here.

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:21 - Jan 16 with 1714 viewsJ2BLUE

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:15 - Jan 16 by factual_blue

4 days.

Truly impaired.

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:22 - Jan 16 with 1708 viewsDolly2.0

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:15 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

For me, it's the fact that gullible types still roll it out as some kind of scientific fact.

Fair enough. I'll go and sit in the corner and think about what I've done.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:24 - Jan 16 with 1696 viewsBlueBadger

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:21 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

4 days.

With Trump's inauguration less than a week away, as a 41 year old male, the only small solace I can take is that the dystopian future I'm forced to live in isn't Logans Run.

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:27 - Jan 16 with 1670 viewsfactual_blue

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:24 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

With Trump's inauguration less than a week away, as a 41 year old male, the only small solace I can take is that the dystopian future I'm forced to live in isn't Logans Run.

It will be more primitive than that. But perhaps your medical skills will enable you to become some sort of cult leader.

Are you adept at carrying out human sacrifices?

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:30 - Jan 16 with 1663 viewsBlueBadger

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:27 - Jan 16 by factual_blue

It will be more primitive than that. But perhaps your medical skills will enable you to become some sort of cult leader.

Are you adept at carrying out human sacrifices?

If there's one thing you can say about me, it's that I'm a massive cult.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:32]

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:36 - Jan 16 with 1641 viewsNewcyBlue

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:30 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

If there's one thing you can say about me, it's that I'm a massive cult.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:32]

Autocorrect at the end there?

All good in the NHS down South? MrsNewcy is becoming very frustrated up here.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:38 - Jan 16 with 1621 viewsCotty

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:22 - Jan 16 by Dolly2.0

Fair enough. I'll go and sit in the corner and think about what I've done.

I'd have thought that working in advertising you'd be aware of this!
Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:39 - Jan 16 with 1622 viewsJ2BLUE

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:24 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

Trump is going to be good. He has some good ideas and we've already seen enough to know he can be talked down from his stupid ideas like the nuclear arms race.

Truly impaired.

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:41 - Jan 16 with 1609 viewsBlueBadger

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:39 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

Trump is going to be good. He has some good ideas and we've already seen enough to know he can be talked down from his stupid ideas like the nuclear arms race.

Blimey, bit early to be drinking.

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:44 - Jan 16 with 1595 viewsBlueBadger

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:36 - Jan 16 by NewcyBlue

Autocorrect at the end there?

All good in the NHS down South? MrsNewcy is becoming very frustrated up here.

We managed approximately 3 hours last weeks when there was officially beds available. The intensive care unit I work on has been sending people home directly from the unit as there's no ward beds to step people down to and there's been at least 3 days where all elective inpatient surgery has been cancelled due to lack of beds.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 11:23]

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:48 - Jan 16 with 1585 viewscaught-in-limbo

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:15 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

For me, it's the fact that certain types still believe that Snopes is some sort of qualified and / or impartial arbiter of any truth or falsehood.

[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:49]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 1566 viewsNewcyBlue

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:44 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

We managed approximately 3 hours last weeks when there was officially beds available. The intensive care unit I work on has been sending people home directly from the unit as there's no ward beds to step people down to and there's been at least 3 days where all elective inpatient surgery has been cancelled due to lack of beds.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 11:23]

Jesus. Good luck there. I really don't see it getting much better. Unfortunately.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:55 - Jan 16 with 1564 viewsCotty

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:39 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

I feel like bookmarking this post and showing it back to you in 4 years...
Today is the most depressing day of the year on 11:02 - Jan 16 with 1542 viewscaught-in-limbo

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:55 - Jan 16 by Cotty

I feel like bookmarking this post and showing it back to you in 4 years...

I'm usually hit or miss with Glenn Greenwald and The Intercept, but I think this is interesting on Trump:

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/11/the-deep-state-goes-to-war-with-president-el

(I'm not sure how it's relevant to the discussion we're having here, but thought I'd post it all the same).

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 11:22 - Jan 16 with 1502 viewsBlueBadger

Today is the most depressing day of the year on 10:53 - Jan 16 by NewcyBlue

Jesus. Good luck there. I really don't see it getting much better. Unfortunately.

I can't see it properly settling down until late March at least. and even then it'll 'settle down' to somewhere that was worse than last year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024