Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tide is turning 10:39 - Jan 16 with 2641 viewsGlasgowBlue

Days after Carney forecasts that he will upgrade the UK' growth forecasts for this year and that Brexit will hit the EU harder financially than it does the UK, we have the EU negotiator taking about a 'special' deal over access to City post-Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jan/13/eu-negotiator-wants-special-dea

And we will have a free trade deal with the US signed as soon as we leave the EU.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The tide is turning on 10:40 - Jan 16 with 1858 viewsBlueBadger

Good news everyone 'antiestablishment' Brexit is bringing up protection for the City and TTIP on speed!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The tide is turning on 10:44 - Jan 16 with 1829 viewsblueislander

The tide is turning on 10:40 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

Good news everyone 'antiestablishment' Brexit is bringing up protection for the City and TTIP on speed!

Just remind me what percentage of the UK's GDP depends on the financial services industry.
The tide is turning on 10:44 - Jan 16 with 1822 viewsbluelagos

Ref your last sentence, you sound mighty confident. How long after you think then Glassers?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The tide is turning on 10:47 - Jan 16 with 1778 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed, us Brexit voters are heroes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The tide is turning on 10:48 - Jan 16 with 1758 viewsblueislander

There you go again with your Brexit triumphalism. The process hasn't started yet. You believe anything that Trump says ?
The tide is turning on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 1750 viewsKeno

Hasn't stopped Commerzbank moving a lot of its London jobs to Frankfurt, hence the group of newly redundant people I spoke to last week.

Of course there will be a deal over London, there was always going to be, the question especially if we do left the single market is what will be left

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The tide is turning on 10:51 - Jan 16 with 1734 viewsGlasgowBlue

The tide is turning on 10:44 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

Ref your last sentence, you sound mighty confident. How long after you think then Glassers?

Reports say that the Trump team is already working on the outlines of a US / UK trade deal and they want the deal to be pencilled in before the UK leaves the EU, even though the UK cannot formally sign it until it has left.

It's good to see positive noises coming from both American and the EU. For all their bluster, the EU knows that the UK is their single largest export market once we have left and that the city of London is vital for economic stability in the continent.

I note already that the naysayers on here are finding something negative to read into these developments. It's as if they have a fear of the outside world and want to live in their comfortable bubble.

Iron Lion Zion

The tide is turning on 10:52 - Jan 16 with 1715 viewsGlasgowBlue

The tide is turning on 10:48 - Jan 16 by blueislander

There you go again with your Brexit triumphalism. The process hasn't started yet. You believe anything that Trump says ?

You see being upbeat and positive about the future of this country as "triumphalism"?

I make no apologies for being a glass half full man.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

The tide is turning on 10:52 - Jan 16 with 1716 viewsbluelagos

The tide is turning on 10:47 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

Agreed, us Brexit voters are heroes.

Not the word I'd use J2. Still, we all hope we get a great deal that gives us tariff free access to the single market, allows us to continue to travel and work easily throughout Europe, ensures our much needed immigration continues whilst spending the £350m a week we save on improving our NHS / other public services.

Deliver all that, and I'll happy doff my cap to you all.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:54]

The tide is turning on 10:54 - Jan 16 with 1696 viewsbluelagos

The tide is turning on 10:51 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

Reports say that the Trump team is already working on the outlines of a US / UK trade deal and they want the deal to be pencilled in before the UK leaves the EU, even though the UK cannot formally sign it until it has left.

It's good to see positive noises coming from both American and the EU. For all their bluster, the EU knows that the UK is their single largest export market once we have left and that the city of London is vital for economic stability in the continent.

I note already that the naysayers on here are finding something negative to read into these developments. It's as if they have a fear of the outside world and want to live in their comfortable bubble.

So you want to place a wager on the timing of a UK/US trade deal? Charity bet of course.

The tide is turning on 10:55 - Jan 16 with 1679 viewsgiant_stow

Hammond's contribution yesterday was quite impressive i thought, although corbyn might also have a point about sparking a trade war.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The tide is turning on 10:58 - Jan 16 with 1636 viewsGlasgowBlue

The tide is turning on 10:54 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

So you want to place a wager on the timing of a UK/US trade deal? Charity bet of course.

I'll have a cheeky tenner with you that it is signed within six months of us exiting the EU.

Choose your charity. Mine is Refugee Action.

Iron Lion Zion

The tide is turning on 10:58 - Jan 16 with 1625 viewsblueislander

The tide is turning on 10:52 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

You see being upbeat and positive about the future of this country as "triumphalism"?

I make no apologies for being a glass half full man.

Let's see what the PM says tomorrow. If she says anything that really clarifies matters I will be pleasantly surprised. I will be even more pleasantly surprised if what she does say is warmly welcomed by other EU leaders.
The tide is turning on 10:59 - Jan 16 with 1606 viewsbluelagos

The tide is turning on 10:58 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

I'll have a cheeky tenner with you that it is signed within six months of us exiting the EU.

Back tracking already? lol

Go on, it's a great charity so I'll take the bet. :-)

The tide is turning on 11:02 - Jan 16 with 1579 viewsblueislander

The tide is turning on 10:58 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

You and Lagos might want to have a clear definition of "when we exit the EU".
The tide is turning on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 1561 viewsGlasgowBlue

The tide is turning on 10:49 - Jan 16 by Keno

Hasn't stopped Commerzbank moving a lot of its London jobs to Frankfurt, hence the group of newly redundant people I spoke to last week.

Of course there will be a deal over London, there was always going to be, the question especially if we do left the single market is what will be left

That has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/29/now-another-german-bank-is-in-tro

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/commerzbank-shares-climb-on-r

But well done for assuming us plebs wouldn't dig a little deeper and just accept your post at face value ;-)

Iron Lion Zion

The tide is turning on 11:10 - Jan 16 with 1502 viewsKeno

The tide is turning on 11:05 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

That has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/29/now-another-german-bank-is-in-tro

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/commerzbank-shares-climb-on-r

But well done for assuming us plebs wouldn't dig a little deeper and just accept your post at face value ;-)

if you wish to call the head of their UK IT department a pleb you are welcome, but i am only relay what he told me on Thursday

Is the tide turing or is Teresa May trying to be Canute?

Time will tell and it is still very early

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The tide is turning on 11:13 - Jan 16 with 1472 viewsfeelingblue

The tide is turning on 10:52 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

Not the word I'd use J2. Still, we all hope we get a great deal that gives us tariff free access to the single market, allows us to continue to travel and work easily throughout Europe, ensures our much needed immigration continues whilst spending the £350m a week we save on improving our NHS / other public services.

Deliver all that, and I'll happy doff my cap to you all.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 10:54]

Let's hope so!
I can't see them being able to sell any kind of sensible immigration deal to their own right wing, though.
I say right wing advisedly, as I know that there are many Brexiteers who know full well that we are in big trouble without pretty much unrestricted free movement.
The minute bureaucracy is put in the way, the whole dynamic changes, as anyone who has tried to bring in non-EU immigrants on the Tier 2 skilled worker visa will know.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 11:25]
The tide is turning on 11:16 - Jan 16 with 1443 viewsbluelagos

The tide is turning on 11:02 - Jan 16 by blueislander

You and Lagos might want to have a clear definition of "when we exit the EU".

April 1st 2019 surely?

The tide is turning on 11:17 - Jan 16 with 1427 viewsJ2BLUE

The tide is turning on 10:59 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

Back tracking already? lol

Go on, it's a great charity so I'll take the bet. :-)

I'll take that bet as well if you want?

Six months.

Truly impaired.

The tide is turning on 11:20 - Jan 16 with 1397 viewslowhouseblue

The tide is turning on 10:58 - Jan 16 by blueislander

Let's see what the PM says tomorrow. If she says anything that really clarifies matters I will be pleasantly surprised. I will be even more pleasantly surprised if what she does say is warmly welcomed by other EU leaders.

whatever she says has to be read as part of a negotiation.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The tide is turning on 11:21 - Jan 16 with 1373 viewsbluelagos

The tide is turning on 11:17 - Jan 16 by J2BLUE

I'll take that bet as well if you want?

Six months.

Done.

The tide is turning on 11:23 - Jan 16 with 1358 viewsdryas

Just move to Jaywick and have done with it.
The tide is turning on 11:24 - Jan 16 with 1346 viewsJ2BLUE

The tide is turning on 11:21 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

Done.

Wonderful.

Truly impaired.

The tide is turning on 11:26 - Jan 16 with 1321 viewsBlueBadger

The tide is turning on 11:10 - Jan 16 by Keno

if you wish to call the head of their UK IT department a pleb you are welcome, but i am only relay what he told me on Thursday

Is the tide turing or is Teresa May trying to be Canute?

Time will tell and it is still very early

It's fair to say that Mays cabinet are all C n u t s..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024