Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does he say here that you disagree with 11:38 - Jan 16 with 4317 viewschicoazul

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/16/the-trump-interviews-what-he-sai

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What does he say here that you disagree with on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 276 viewsStokieBlue

What does he say here that you disagree with on 09:40 - Jan 17 by No9

And isn't it time the rest of the world stopped loking to the USA to be policemand and started to make things work for themselves, in which case a European Army becomes a necessity.

I am not si sure no one can threaten the US military, due to their continued practice (since Reagan) to ignore the fact the military contractors are happy to sell their designs to allcomers mean the Russians et al have a pretty good idea where the US is on armament development?

I agree entirely on the first point.

On the second point, anything which is half decent is classified, the contractors can't sell that stuff on. They also spend the same amount on defence as the next 10 countries put together, in defence, spending money does make a difference.

Nobody can threaten the US mainland or interests conventionally so what is the point in NATO from their perspective?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What does he say here that you disagree with on 10:04 - Jan 17 with 275 viewsStokieBlue

What does he say here that you disagree with on 09:42 - Jan 17 by sparks

I think the us have a major interest in Europe being stable and not vulnerable to Russian aggression. Especially when Russia and China are allied and moron Trump is tweaking the latter's nose on Twitter!

The have an interest but does that require NATO?

You can see how the US may feel NATO doesn't work for them.

Do you not agree that the European countries should meet their treaty mandated spending commitments on defence? Or do you think the US should pay for them?

Russia and China are not really allied. In fact until very recently that didn't trust each other at all.

SB

What does he say here that you disagree with on 10:05 - Jan 17 with 275 viewsStokieBlue

What does he say here that you disagree with on 09:42 - Jan 17 by No9

Speaking as someone who had to live with an American car (via a hire car co) it is very easy to see why Americans buy Merc's BMW & Audi cars.

Indeed.

However that wasn't Trump's point and it wasn't what I wrote about.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024