Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... 16:34 - Jan 16 with 1956 viewsitfcjoe

....a better player than Emmanuel if fully fit (which he isn't).

Emmanuel may have more promise, and looks to be worth persisting with though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:35 - Jan 16 with 1932 viewsKieran_Knows

I think it's a signing that'll see us try and persist with 3-5-2, it gives us cover at right back, and cover at cente back whilst Smith is out.

I'm pretty sure Town will now send Digby out on loan, like Mick has said he wants to do.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 16:35]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:37 - Jan 16 with 1906 viewsitfcjoe

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:35 - Jan 16 by Kieran_Knows

I think it's a signing that'll see us try and persist with 3-5-2, it gives us cover at right back, and cover at cente back whilst Smith is out.

I'm pretty sure Town will now send Digby out on loan, like Mick has said he wants to do.

I don't see it with Digby, he's too close to the first team currently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:39 - Jan 16 with 1878 viewsKieran_Knows

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:37 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

I don't see it with Digby, he's too close to the first team currently

It's the only reason I can think of anyway, and Mick has said previously we've had interest in teams wanting to take Digby on loan, so makes sense to me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:43 - Jan 16 with 1827 viewsITFC_Forever

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:35 - Jan 16 by Kieran_Knows

Agreed - it gives us the rest of the season at least to continue the 352 experiment and is therefore a sign Chambers will be a CB first and foremost.... If anything was to happen to Josh, then the 352 falls apart as Chambo will get shifted back out there.

Spence gives two options at RB (with Josh) and Knudsen and Kenlock are the LBs.

That therefore puts Berra, Webster, Chambers, Smith and Digby the fight for the three CB positions.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 17:28 - Jan 16 with 1671 viewsElderGrizzly

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 16:43 - Jan 16 by ITFC_Forever

Agreed - it gives us the rest of the season at least to continue the 352 experiment and is therefore a sign Chambers will be a CB first and foremost.... If anything was to happen to Josh, then the 352 falls apart as Chambo will get shifted back out there.

Spence gives two options at RB (with Josh) and Knudsen and Kenlock are the LBs.

That therefore puts Berra, Webster, Chambers, Smith and Digby the fight for the three CB positions.

Yep, as simple as this.

Although I still think Diggers will be a defensive midfielder if he is to succeed here.
Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 18:37 - Jan 16 with 1555 viewsHarryfromBath

Milton Keynes fans had some interesting observations about him when we played them last season. Here are their comments about him before our December game in 2015...

“The problem we have at the back is a noticeable lack of pace, Jordan Spence excluded”, “Robbo’s very much aware that Spence is now a key component in our attacking play”, “He fills the role of modern attacking full-back so well”, “He was great going forward against Fulham as usual.”

“Jordan Spence struggled to do the basics at Brentford.” The 25-year-old ex-West Ham right-back “couldn’t compete with Wolves winger Jordan Graham who bossed him on our right side”, “He looked a bit dodgy when being attacked by their winger but we coped overall.”

Here are their thoughts about him last April...

“I rate Jordan Spence and think he’s a decent right-back.” The 25-year-old former Hammer “is a natural defender”, “A speedy player with a good work rate”, “At times this season he has looked exhausted and out of ideas. He undeniably has talent and needed a rest to return to form.”

“Spence has been reliable and at times our best player on the pitch. He is strong, quick and athletic”, “Our player of the season until about November but his form has been just okay since”, “He seems to have been wiped out by playing week-in and week-out in a team which keeps getting beaten.”

Nothing to be alarmed about on either assessment and he could blossom under Mick's tutelage. This would also allow a wider rejig of the back four were Chambers to move inside. It looks a really sensible move on a number of levels.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 19:14 - Jan 16 with 1446 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 18:37 - Jan 16 by HarryfromBath

Milton Keynes fans had some interesting observations about him when we played them last season. Here are their comments about him before our December game in 2015...

“The problem we have at the back is a noticeable lack of pace, Jordan Spence excluded”, “Robbo’s very much aware that Spence is now a key component in our attacking play”, “He fills the role of modern attacking full-back so well”, “He was great going forward against Fulham as usual.”

“Jordan Spence struggled to do the basics at Brentford.” The 25-year-old ex-West Ham right-back “couldn’t compete with Wolves winger Jordan Graham who bossed him on our right side”, “He looked a bit dodgy when being attacked by their winger but we coped overall.”

“I rate Jordan Spence and think he’s a decent right-back.” The 25-year-old former Hammer “is a natural defender”, “A speedy player with a good work rate”, “At times this season he has looked exhausted and out of ideas. He undeniably has talent and needed a rest to return to form.”

“Spence has been reliable and at times our best player on the pitch. He is strong, quick and athletic”, “Our player of the season until about November but his form has been just okay since”, “He seems to have been wiped out by playing week-in and week-out in a team which keeps getting beaten.”

Nothing to be alarmed about on either assessment and he could blossom under Mick's tutelage. This would also allow a wider rejig of the back four were Chambers to move inside. It looks a really sensible move on a number of levels.

There it is - if we continue with 3 5 2 - Emmanuel seemed a little in easy going forward
Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 19:16 - Jan 16 with 1433 viewsRadlett_blue

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 18:37 - Jan 16 by HarryfromBath

Spence was released by MK in the summer, having played 100 games for them & he is nearly 27. That would indicate that they should have a good idea of his level & the fact he hasn't found a club until now would indicate that no-one else had a very high opinion of him. Hard to see him making much of an impression at Town & this may block the development of the promising Emanuel.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 19:34 - Jan 16 with 1365 viewsLuk38644

He's certainly an attack minded RB, that's for sure, so could probably fit a wing-back role quite well if we're going to persist with a 532 system.

Only thing I'd say is, while I agree he's currently better than Emmanuel, I would still prefer Emmanuel as #1 choice at RWB due to being a really exciting prospect.
Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 19:36 - Jan 16 with 1350 viewspointofblue

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 19:16 - Jan 16 by Radlett_blue

Spence was released by MK in the summer, having played 100 games for them & he is nearly 27. That would indicate that they should have a good idea of his level & the fact he hasn't found a club until now would indicate that no-one else had a very high opinion of him. Hard to see him making much of an impression at Town & this may block the development of the promising Emanuel.

Or he could be a reserve who has played decently at this level for another side to ensure we keep our shape should anything happen to our first choice right back/wing back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 19:56 - Jan 16 with 1295 viewsKeaneish

Jordan Graham is lightning though so no disgrace there.

I'm pleased with this signing. We've no got competition in every defensive position. Time to get the creativity in the middle sorted.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 20:29 - Jan 16 with 1222 viewsFreddy

He aint played since last May so wont be match fit for a few weeks, plus only given him 4 months contract so don't matter if it don't work out
Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 20:32 - Jan 16 with 1208 viewsRyorry

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 20:29 - Jan 16 by Freddy

He aint played since last May so wont be match fit for a few weeks, plus only given him 4 months contract so don't matter if it don't work out

He is very cute looking tho, to be fair ...

I know, I know

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 20:35 - Jan 16 with 1184 viewsVic

My prediction is that Mick is wanting Chambers to move to CB (either because of formation or because Berra will go in the summer, if not before) and this lad will be experienced cover for JE who will be the preferred right back

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 23:34 - Jan 16 with 1041 viewsStNeotsBlue

Hopefully he'll do well here. But I can't see this as a positive he had a trial and didn't do enough to impress and earn a deal. Three months later we sign him, doesn't make a lot of sense.
Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 23:53 - Jan 16 with 992 viewsHarryfromBath

Only thing I'd say about Spence - is that he is currently probably.... on 23:34 - Jan 16 by StNeotsBlue

Hopefully he'll do well here. But I can't see this as a positive he had a trial and didn't do enough to impress and earn a deal. Three months later we sign him, doesn't make a lot of sense.

You may well be right and he could just be a stop-gap. Milton Keynes supporters were saying that he left this summer because he was going to be behind George Baldock in the pecking order and their priorities lay elsewhere with a reduced League One budget.

The other thing which we can only speculate on is whether he was good enough in the trial but was pitching himself at a higher price than we felt he was worth (this is pure guessing). There was some small comfort in the fact that MK fans weren't writing him off but I can readily see why our passing him up first time is a concern. We will know soon enough.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024