Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
two young free/cheap squad players 21:17 - Jan 16 with 2395 viewstextbackup

there is no problem with that, is there?
we need quality also, but id rather these two guys over the signings of 34 year olds on a large wedge

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:33 - Jan 16 with 2087 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Exactly

It frustrates me seeing so many people calling them 'rejects' and a 'waste of money' already

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:36 - Jan 16 with 2076 viewsDolly2.0

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:33 - Jan 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly

It frustrates me seeing so many people calling them 'rejects' and a 'waste of money' already

Indeed. Spence played for England U21's. Must be some talent in there somewhere.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:42 - Jan 16 with 2038 viewstextbackup

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:33 - Jan 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly

its just so much more exciting that this Moore lad is from non league, he hasn't been there and done it, he wont take anything for granted (like someone like best (guessing))

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:42 - Jan 16 with 2029 viewscraigyboy10

I would love us to make a move for josh Morris of scunthorpe. Certainly knows where the goal is from midfield. I would put a 2million bid in. 17 goals 9 assists so far this season
two young free/cheap squad players on 21:45 - Jan 16 with 2006 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed, I'd rather these sort of signings than Reg et al.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:46 - Jan 16 with 2005 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:42 - Jan 16 by textbackup

its just so much more exciting that this Moore lad is from non league, he hasn't been there and done it, he wont take anything for granted (like someone like best (guessing))

Exactly.

A few Dagenham fans said to me earlier today that at their ground this season he was absolutely unplayable. And scored a great goal.

They thought 10k was a huge bargain and that he should've been a regular for FGR based on that game.

Which is good to hear for us

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:50 - Jan 16 with 1957 viewstextbackup

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:45 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed, I'd rather these sort of signings than Reg et al.

yeah, while he was ok for us, players like him have been about years and the day to day training isn't something exciting for them its not a brand new challenge. I love signing nobodies that have their tools in their sheds still incase the footballing dream is a step too far

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:53 - Jan 16 with 1934 viewsbournemouthblue

Spence seems to look quite like Mings albeit not quite the same in ability sadly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

two young free/cheap squad players on 22:04 - Jan 16 with 1891 viewsHerbivore

Spot on, Testers. I think Spence signing is a positive, suggests to me that MM sees 352 as a genuine option for us and that means Chambers as a centre back and Spence in as cover for Emmanuel.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

two young free/cheap squad players on 22:13 - Jan 16 with 1843 viewsDolly2.0

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:50 - Jan 16 by textbackup

yeah, while he was ok for us, players like him have been about years and the day to day training isn't something exciting for them its not a brand new challenge. I love signing nobodies that have their tools in their sheds still incase the footballing dream is a step too far

That's a beautiful analogy Texters.

I'm seeing you in a new light

two young free/cheap squad players on 09:59 - Jan 17 with 1675 viewsNorthern_Blue81

two young free/cheap squad players on 21:46 - Jan 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly.

A few Dagenham fans said to me earlier today that at their ground this season he was absolutely unplayable. And scored a great goal.

They thought 10k was a huge bargain and that he should've been a regular for FGR based on that game.

Which is good to hear for us

Is it not a worry that he was sent out on loan by FGR and did not start all games there and could not get a deal at Exeter and Leyton Orient last year?

Obviously he will be judged on performances, but it seems a massive step up for him based on his CV.
two young free/cheap squad players on 10:02 - Jan 17 with 1667 viewsKieran_Knows

Totally agree, also suggests we'll carry on playing 3-5-2.

Just hope we're able to find a decent striker and centre mid now. Saw someone suggest Josh Morris from Scunthorpe, he'd be a very good signing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

two young free/cheap squad players on 10:29 - Jan 17 with 1598 viewsitfcjoe

I think Spence could turn out to be a decent signing, less so Moore.

I'm still not overly convinced by Emmanuel (who is improving and doing well enough) and if we are to look to play 352 then Spence could be an asset as is clearly a good footballer on the ball when you look at where he came through and who he has played for.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:10 - Jan 17 with 1546 viewstextbackup

two young free/cheap squad players on 10:29 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

I think Spence could turn out to be a decent signing, less so Moore.

I'm still not overly convinced by Emmanuel (who is improving and doing well enough) and if we are to look to play 352 then Spence could be an asset as is clearly a good footballer on the ball when you look at where he came through and who he has played for.

3 at the back has been something we've had the personal to do for a while so I'm really glad MM is adopting it.
Chambers on Saturday looked to be enjoying himself in the central role, isn't the tallest CB but reminded me of someone like Micheal Johnson (small CB for Brum all those years back)

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:14 - Jan 17 with 1530 viewsLankHenners

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:10 - Jan 17 by textbackup

3 at the back has been something we've had the personal to do for a while so I'm really glad MM is adopting it.
Chambers on Saturday looked to be enjoying himself in the central role, isn't the tallest CB but reminded me of someone like Micheal Johnson (small CB for Brum all those years back)

Webster coming in helps that as he's comfortable with the ball at the back which you need with 352.

Our problem before was not having enough midfielders with decent passing ability. Skuse has it but rarely shows it, Douglas has lost it, and the less said about Hyam's passing "ability" the better. Having Bru playing well and Dozzell in there who are comfortable receiving the ball puts less pressure on the CBs as they feel comfortable giving the ball into midfield.

The best bit about Saturday was that the midfield only passed backwards if it was necessary, we were much more progressive in our passing and the crowd certainly showed appreciation of that.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:18 - Jan 17 with 1508 viewsSwailsey

Great post.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:33 - Jan 17 with 1472 viewsSteve_M

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:14 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

Webster coming in helps that as he's comfortable with the ball at the back which you need with 352.

Our problem before was not having enough midfielders with decent passing ability. Skuse has it but rarely shows it, Douglas has lost it, and the less said about Hyam's passing "ability" the better. Having Bru playing well and Dozzell in there who are comfortable receiving the ball puts less pressure on the CBs as they feel comfortable giving the ball into midfield.

The best bit about Saturday was that the midfield only passed backwards if it was necessary, we were much more progressive in our passing and the crowd certainly showed appreciation of that.

Chambers is good enough on the ball to play in a three (not great but ok) but Berra looked really uncomfortable. I thought he was ok defensively Saturday (i.e he dealt with most things coming in) but looked even less comfortable than usual with the ball at his feet and, obviously, that's where his error came from.

Still, not totally convinced by 3-5-2 for us but it certainly makes the midfield a bit more effective than a flat four does. The lack of a focal point up front was the main weakness on Saturday.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:39 - Jan 17 with 1449 viewsLankHenners

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:33 - Jan 17 by Steve_M

Chambers is good enough on the ball to play in a three (not great but ok) but Berra looked really uncomfortable. I thought he was ok defensively Saturday (i.e he dealt with most things coming in) but looked even less comfortable than usual with the ball at his feet and, obviously, that's where his error came from.

Still, not totally convinced by 3-5-2 for us but it certainly makes the midfield a bit more effective than a flat four does. The lack of a focal point up front was the main weakness on Saturday.

Oh it didn't really suit Berra at all - he's an old fashioned 442 defender who wins his headers and tackles etc. and really didn't like having to come up against Feeney 1-on-1 when Knudsen was caught high up the pitch.

Agreed, a focal point would make that formation much more dangerous for us but I think with some work that will be a genuine option for us. Although you bet any money you like some fans will expect us to play that formation with short, on the floor passing football every week and moan when Mick changes to 442.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

two young free/cheap squad players on 12:05 - Jan 17 with 1395 viewsitfcjoe

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:10 - Jan 17 by textbackup

Other than having 3 decent centre backs - none of whom were good on the ball - not sure we had the personnel.

Webster signing has helped, but full backs are still not a strength in the squad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

two young free/cheap squad players on 12:29 - Jan 17 with 1353 viewspablosturn

two young free/cheap squad players on 11:14 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

Can someone enlighten me as to when Bru has played well?

What type of midfielder is he? He neither scores a lot of goals or creates chances which is what we need. Genuine question as I have never seen much in him
two young free/cheap squad players on 12:36 - Jan 17 with 1331 viewsSteve_M

two young free/cheap squad players on 12:29 - Jan 17 by pablosturn

What type of midfielder is he? He neither scores a lot of goals or creates chances which is what we need. Genuine question as I have never seen much in him

I've not seen him play really well since Brentford on the opening day of last season. However, having a player who wants the ball and can pass it brings more out of Skuse's game and, on Saturday, allowed us to keep the ball so much more than usual.

Is he good enough for where we want to get to? Probably not but he can do a bit of everything - pass, harry, score the odd goal, not sure his tackling is up to much - and we tend to look better, footballing-wise, with him in the side than otherwise.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

two young free/cheap squad players on 13:32 - Jan 17 with 1246 viewsDolly2.0

two young free/cheap squad players on 12:29 - Jan 17 by pablosturn

He played well Saturday.

two young free/cheap squad players on 13:55 - Jan 17 with 1202 viewsNo9

Is the signing o Spence a sign MM has no confidence in Emmanuel?
two young free/cheap squad players on 13:58 - Jan 17 with 1198 viewstextbackup

two young free/cheap squad players on 13:55 - Jan 17 by No9

Is the signing o Spence a sign MM has no confidence in Emmanuel?

He's played him a few times so not sure that's the case. MM pretty much made JE his main man at RB in the under21's, telling Kennedy to start him, so think he's always liked him

two young free/cheap squad players on 14:12 - Jan 17 with 1172 viewstheipswichman

two young free/cheap squad players on 12:05 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

Other than having 3 decent centre backs - none of whom were good on the ball - not sure we had the personnel.

Webster signing has helped, but full backs are still not a strength in the squad

Currently no Full backs aren't the strongest position we have but we now have 4 young defenders who all could improve. Playing this formation and giving these players experience (especially with Emmanuel and Kenlock) they could very well become great attacking threats in the 352.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024