Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. 06:20 - Jan 17 with 3020 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

.. I'm liking Moore already.

I've never heard someone so genuinely chuffed to have been given an opportunity to play for us.

His hunger to get going and do well just from what he has said already makes me like him.

I'd love him to really do well and well done mick for giving him a shot.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:24 - Jan 17 with 1990 viewsReuser_is_God

Every new signing sounds genuinely chuffed to be here.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:31 - Jan 17 with 1976 viewsbrogansnose

A player who must have felt that his career was now going to be in the lower leagues and realises that this is quite likely his last chance so will hopefully more determined to succeed. I happy for us to take punts like this especially on the Evans austerity strategy and If I'm totally honest, I wasn't that impressed with the likes of Ward and Hughill particularly if we were / are going to have to lump loads on them. Mind you, like Mick implies elsewhere, the asking price for average footballers has gone through the roof at our level.
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:38 - Jan 17 with 1947 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:24 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

Every new signing sounds genuinely chuffed to be here.

Compare the interview after signing with Leon Best and tell me you can't see the difference in enthusiasm.

Have a read of moore's comments on the articles phils posted and tell me he doesn't come across even more excited, enthusiastic, grateful and delighted than most signings.

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:38 - Jan 17 with 1944 viewsBenters

Are you uppie fishing again Rommers ? You will never catch Hoppy !!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:44 - Jan 17 with 1931 viewsReuser_is_God

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:38 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Compare the interview after signing with Leon Best and tell me you can't see the difference in enthusiasm.

Have a read of moore's comments on the articles phils posted and tell me he doesn't come across even more excited, enthusiastic, grateful and delighted than most signings.

Some people were saying that Leon Best was gonna score double figures on the back of his interviews!

I'm not doubting Moores enthusiasm but it's the same as every other new signing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:48 - Jan 17 with 1914 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:44 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

Some people were saying that Leon Best was gonna score double figures on the back of his interviews!

I'm not doubting Moores enthusiasm but it's the same as every other new signing.

I wasn't one of those people on all honesty. I thought he was gonna be sh1te. If Rotherham fans think he was sh1te and the only good game he had in the entire spell was against us, that's telling in itself.

But I'm not sure. Just everything he's said seems about different to me.

Benters - not 'uppie fishing' at all. Just posting an opinion. I can't help it if others agree..

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 07:03 - Jan 17 with 1877 viewsBenters

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:48 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I wasn't one of those people on all honesty. I thought he was gonna be sh1te. If Rotherham fans think he was sh1te and the only good game he had in the entire spell was against us, that's telling in itself.

But I'm not sure. Just everything he's said seems about different to me.

Benters - not 'uppie fishing' at all. Just posting an opinion. I can't help it if others agree..

How can you praise him if he hasnt played yet ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 07:06 - Jan 17 with 1873 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 07:03 - Jan 17 by Benters

How can you praise him if he hasnt played yet ?

As I said, I'm only praising his attitude and enthusiasm

Login to get fewer ads

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 07:12 - Jan 17 with 1862 viewsSWGF

Balint Bajner couldn't believe his luck either.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 08:22 - Jan 17 with 1772 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:38 - Jan 17 by Benters

have an uppie
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 08:23 - Jan 17 with 1769 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 07:12 - Jan 17 by SWGF

Balint Bajner couldn't believe his luck either.

exactly
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 10:50 - Jan 17 with 1599 viewsRyorry

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 06:38 - Jan 17 by Benters

Why are you putting Rommy down again for no good reason? Can't you accept people genuinely being pleased about certain things without ascribing a ridiculous uterior motive to them?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 10:53 - Jan 17 with 1587 viewsStenvict

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 10:50 - Jan 17 by Ryorry

Why are you putting Rommy down again for no good reason? Can't you accept people genuinely being pleased about certain things without ascribing a ridiculous uterior motive to them?

I think he's jealous that his crush is getting attention from others. Cute really.

Poll: What will be announced first?

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 10:57 - Jan 17 with 1571 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders as well. Probably to do with being in and around the lower reaches of the professional game rather than bubble that is professional football, where there is little tangible link to the reality of having to pay a mortgage and working 40 hour weeks.

I know it has been mentioned to death, but that is similar to when Mings came here, you felt that he was an honest lad who you could relate to, and had just been given the opportunity of a lifetime... and he was desperate to make the most of it.
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:00 - Jan 17 with 1547 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 10:57 - Jan 17 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders as well. Probably to do with being in and around the lower reaches of the professional game rather than bubble that is professional football, where there is little tangible link to the reality of having to pay a mortgage and working 40 hour weeks.

I know it has been mentioned to death, but that is similar to when Mings came here, you felt that he was an honest lad who you could relate to, and had just been given the opportunity of a lifetime... and he was desperate to make the most of it.

apart from the fact that is conveniently overlooked that mings was considered good enough to be in arguably the best academy in the country and was only released because he was not considered to be big enough
i'm also fairly sure mings was a bit younger than this moore chap

but other than that...............
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:02 - Jan 17 with 1538 viewsDoobDude

We would all love him to do well.
You may be to young to remember Vermun Brekke Skard but he seemed a great bloke, really delighted to be given a chance ... he flopped! They usually do.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:03 - Jan 17 with 1529 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 10:50 - Jan 17 by Ryorry

Because he seems to have a siege mentality about things and is a pretty miserable chap sadly...

Just unnecessary and adds to the feeling of a board 'clique' that he and others like to complain about.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:03 - Jan 17 with 1520 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:02 - Jan 17 by DoobDude

We would all love him to do well.
You may be to young to remember Vermun Brekke Skard but he seemed a great bloke, really delighted to be given a chance ... he flopped! They usually do.

there is normally a very valid reason why players have not progressed in their careers by a certain age
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:04 - Jan 17 with 1515 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:00 - Jan 17 by taximan

apart from the fact that is conveniently overlooked that mings was considered good enough to be in arguably the best academy in the country and was only released because he was not considered to be big enough
i'm also fairly sure mings was a bit younger than this moore chap

but other than that...............

The 'mings wasn't tall enough' line is trotted out a lot, but that obviously won't have been the only reason he wasn't picked up. If he was that well thought of at the time, others would have been waiting on his release/his trials would have come to something.

I'm not knocking what he has achieved at all and we badly miss him, but it's not that much of a daft comparison.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:10 - Jan 17 with 1471 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:04 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

The 'mings wasn't tall enough' line is trotted out a lot, but that obviously won't have been the only reason he wasn't picked up. If he was that well thought of at the time, others would have been waiting on his release/his trials would have come to something.

I'm not knocking what he has achieved at all and we badly miss him, but it's not that much of a daft comparison.

so moore was also in top academy and released ??

clubs have massive scouting networks, if aplayer has any potential/ability, they will have served time in an academy
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:10 - Jan 17 with 1469 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

We all know he's the new bajner/nouble. Any advance on 12 sub appearances, 2 starts, 1 goal ??
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:12 - Jan 17 with 1446 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:10 - Jan 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

We all know he's the new bajner/nouble. Any advance on 12 sub appearances, 2 starts, 1 goal ??

absolutely not
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:17 - Jan 17 with 1421 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:10 - Jan 17 by taximan

so moore was also in top academy and released ??

clubs have massive scouting networks, if aplayer has any potential/ability, they will have served time in an academy

For sure. But we have had a lot of players in our academy who haven't gone on to anything.

This is all a redundant point until he's played though, surely?

The chances are, he probably won't be the next Mings, or even Bru (to a lesser extent), but he might be.

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:51 - Jan 17 with 1345 viewsSuperfrans

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:10 - Jan 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

He could be the new Shefki? Gangly, awkward, but a battering ram of a striker. I hope.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:08 - Jan 17 with 1305 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:17 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

For sure. But we have had a lot of players in our academy who haven't gone on to anything.

This is all a redundant point until he's played though, surely?

The chances are, he probably won't be the next Mings, or even Bru (to a lesser extent), but he might be.

exactly

that is my point

if academy players, who are considered to be the best of their age group, don't progress into first team squad players, it doesn't give those that were not good enough for an academy much of a chance does it ??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024