Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? 12:14 - Jan 17 with 1235 viewscodiblue

Andre Dozzell has that natural ability to glide round the pitch and round players. Textbackup commented on it in an earlier thread on Lawrence. My feeling is if we build him up to cope with the physicality, he'll lose some of that natural ability. And be a worse player for it.
Luke Hyam - broke into the team as a creative player, a good passer. Bulked up into a physical specimen, but a worse player for it. And now appears injury prone.
Teddy Bishop - more similar to Dozzell in his ability to go past players easily, looked great early. Spent months out injured and came back more physically developed, but not yet the player he was. And now appears injury prone.

I fear Mick will see a need to bulk Dozzell up. But I hope he doesn't.
Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 12:21 - Jan 17 with 1189 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I'm not sure I remember Hyam being a creative player or a particularly "good passer" but I may be mistaken.

Though at 17 he will naturally bulk out as he gets a older, most athletes will get their physical maturity by the age of 22 (some earlier) and he will need to add a bit of muscle, if only for aiding recovery and coping with playing 40+ games in a season.

Anyone who does a lot of exercise will know that the day or two after you are pretty much useless which you can't get away with as a professional athlete so he will need to be conditioned as such
Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 13:43 - Jan 17 with 1070 viewstextbackup

At 17 I went to the gym daily, it made little difference to my strength to be honest, I. Luke's out a bit but was still weak. hit 20 and the man in you starts to come out. Reckon that'll happen with him.
I'd not bulk him personally, he'll naturally become stronger, and smarter, by playing and learning how to hold himself when a should challenge is coming.
Seen small lads knock over 30 year old brutes playing before, simply because they'll hold themselves in a better manner.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 13:47 - Jan 17 with 1051 viewsDarth_Koont

He can "bulk up" and get faster around the pitch. Indeed that's what adding muscle does up to a certain point.

I don't see anybody lamenting Bale and similar bulking up. And agin most strength training is vital in the prevention of injury.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 13:48 - Jan 17 with 1041 viewshype313

Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 13:47 - Jan 17 by Darth_Koont

He can "bulk up" and get faster around the pitch. Indeed that's what adding muscle does up to a certain point.

I don't see anybody lamenting Bale and similar bulking up. And agin most strength training is vital in the prevention of injury.

And Walcott

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 13:55 - Jan 17 with 1003 viewsclive_baker

He'll 100% bulk up and rightly so. He can add to his physical stature and retain his natural ability, that's no problem. I remember us doing the same with Dyer, there were days when he would lie on his back in the treatment room with someone repeatedly throwing a medicine ball at his stomach and him batting it back. A bit old school almost military style 'manning' up but effective. I'm sure the approach has advanced since then, but I'm convinced Andre needs a similar treatment. One thing I'm adamant about is that we've got a really quality player in Dozzell. He'll play in the Premier League at some point, I'm sure of it. Best talent since Wickham imo. Hyam was never in the same league.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 14:17 - Jan 17 with 947 viewstaximan

hyam is that classic example of being a better player the longer he is out

he was never a "good passer"
Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 14:21 - Jan 17 with 926 viewsjimsymBLUE

Dozzell - bulk him up or leave him be? on 14:17 - Jan 17 by taximan

hyam is that classic example of being a better player the longer he is out

he was never a "good passer"

You really are a beam of sunshine taximan, such a consistently positive individual!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024