Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so what do you all do for a living 15:13 - Jan 17 with 24096 viewstaximan

i'm regularly told i'm an imbecile etc, so all things considered i haven't done too bad to build a business up from scratch, admittedly i only drive people around, but what i've got is all mine, i'm not a wage slave to a boss.

so over to you, the high and mighty of twtd, what is your line of work ??
so what do you all do for a living on 16:41 - Jan 17 with 2967 viewsStokieBlue

so what do you all do for a living on 16:37 - Jan 17 by nshearman1

Freelance Exec Producer of factual TV programmes - pretty worthless

Make one about Mick?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

so what do you all do for a living on 16:45 - Jan 17 with 2938 viewsvapour_trail

A few years in IT as a PM to start with, now 16 years in the charity sector, most recently in comms.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

so what do you all do for a living on 16:46 - Jan 17 with 2930 viewsSwailsey

Utilities, account management/customer service of sorts..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

so what do you all do for a living on 16:47 - Jan 17 with 2920 viewsLimitlessBlue

I deal in collectables. Movies and Music mainly, film posters, press kits and also tour merchandise and Vinyl.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

so what do you all do for a living on 16:49 - Jan 17 with 2885 viewsArcher4721

so what do you all do for a living on 16:47 - Jan 17 by LimitlessBlue

I deal in collectables. Movies and Music mainly, film posters, press kits and also tour merchandise and Vinyl.

A hoarder then?
so what do you all do for a living on 16:52 - Jan 17 with 2856 viewsflimflam

Oracle DBA / Linux Admin with some onsite/remote professional service work installing our software into Universities, Local Authorities, Housing Associations etc.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

so what do you all do for a living on 17:00 - Jan 17 with 2777 viewshoppy

so what do you all do for a living on 16:20 - Jan 17 by WeWereZombies

feck all

Never realised you were a civil servant?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

so what do you all do for a living on 17:02 - Jan 17 with 2768 viewsRammo

I've been a freelance Civil Engineer for the last 4 years (after many years of working for both national and local contractors).

So next time you drive 5 miles through cones to find two men digging one small hole it may well be my fault (I blame health and safety lol)!!

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

Login to get fewer ads

so what do you all do for a living on 17:04 - Jan 17 with 2751 viewsKeno

so what do you all do for a living on 17:02 - Jan 17 by Rammo

I've been a freelance Civil Engineer for the last 4 years (after many years of working for both national and local contractors).

So next time you drive 5 miles through cones to find two men digging one small hole it may well be my fault (I blame health and safety lol)!!

are you Bernard Cribbins?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

so what do you all do for a living on 17:06 - Jan 17 with 2723 viewstextbackup

Something on computers, networks and play around with the internet. One day I'll do something I really want to do, like professional football chant writer

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

so what do you all do for a living on 17:07 - Jan 17 with 2704 viewsgiant_stow

so what do you all do for a living on 17:04 - Jan 17 by Keno

are you Bernard Cribbins?

Still going strong on 'captain Jack's boat' and he's still got it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so what do you all do for a living on 17:22 - Jan 17 with 2617 viewsSarge

Spacecraft operations engineer
so what do you all do for a living on 17:23 - Jan 17 with 2603 viewscaught-in-limbo

Putin bot working in the Spanish Basque Country under the guise of a Verbal and non-verbal Communications Teacher in business and language learning contexts.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

so what do you all do for a living on 17:35 - Jan 17 with 2537 viewsCanadafan

Veterinarian for 30 years- working to pay for my traveling habit.
so what do you all do for a living on 17:37 - Jan 17 with 2517 viewsMedwayTractor

Used to drive Dad's taxi for two sons, in between commuting from Maidstone to the West End, then redundancy followed by 15 years running my own business locally. Now retired & we have graduated from Dad's taxi to on demand babysitting for a 4 year-old (Mrs MT loves it).

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

so what do you all do for a living on 17:39 - Jan 17 with 2496 viewsLimitlessBlue

so what do you all do for a living on 16:49 - Jan 17 by Archer4721

A hoarder then?

well, yes I guess you could say that.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

so what do you all do for a living on 17:39 - Jan 17 with 2497 viewsJ2BLUE

A job worse than yours but then i've never criticised anyone for driving a taxi either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

so what do you all do for a living on 17:42 - Jan 17 with 2473 viewsoldbluestu

I'm retired now but had various jobs plus I starting a couple of businesses but my final job was in finance ripping of people who had more money than sense and didn't understand what they were investing in
so what do you all do for a living on 17:42 - Jan 17 with 2471 viewsitfcpaul

Trading Standards Officer

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

so what do you all do for a living on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 2433 viewsNewcyBlue

Officer in the Merchant Navy.

I am responsible for the Safe Navigation, Passage Planning, I have to take into account current, tides, weather, all environmental impacts of the vessel. A wrong decision and I could kill everyone on my ship plus anything else I hit, and the environment, lose over half a billion dollars worth of cargo. I am the Safety Officer on board so responsible for the Health and Safety of all on board. I am also the Medical Officer, I have a small hospital with about 120 different medicines, of which some are considered narcotics (diazepam, morphine, etc).

In port I am responsible for ensuring the loading and discharging is done correctly, responsible for keeping the vessel stable during cargo operation. I am responsible for the safe mooring and unmooring of the Foreward end of the vessel.

I am trained to tackle fires on board, as we can't just call the fire brigade. I am trained in survival and the use of radiotelephony, morse code, signal flags.

I am away for months on end, often passing areas of piracy where we are on a heightened state. With satellite internet that has a rate of only a few kbps.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

so what do you all do for a living on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 2433 viewsdirtyboy

I generally deliver bad news but better news than had I not delivered it, but they don't know that and still see bad news. Or good news, I deliver some of that.
so what do you all do for a living on 17:47 - Jan 17 with 2401 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We are all banksterdebtslaves !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

so what do you all do for a living on 17:50 - Jan 17 with 2373 viewsJ2BLUE

so what do you all do for a living on 17:44 - Jan 17 by NewcyBlue

Officer in the Merchant Navy.

I am responsible for the Safe Navigation, Passage Planning, I have to take into account current, tides, weather, all environmental impacts of the vessel. A wrong decision and I could kill everyone on my ship plus anything else I hit, and the environment, lose over half a billion dollars worth of cargo. I am the Safety Officer on board so responsible for the Health and Safety of all on board. I am also the Medical Officer, I have a small hospital with about 120 different medicines, of which some are considered narcotics (diazepam, morphine, etc).

In port I am responsible for ensuring the loading and discharging is done correctly, responsible for keeping the vessel stable during cargo operation. I am responsible for the safe mooring and unmooring of the Foreward end of the vessel.

I am trained to tackle fires on board, as we can't just call the fire brigade. I am trained in survival and the use of radiotelephony, morse code, signal flags.

I am away for months on end, often passing areas of piracy where we are on a heightened state. With satellite internet that has a rate of only a few kbps.

Translation: Likes to sit in the bath with a toy boat.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

so what do you all do for a living on 17:52 - Jan 17 with 2347 viewscaught-in-limbo

so what do you all do for a living on 17:44 - Jan 17 by dirtyboy

I generally deliver bad news but better news than had I not delivered it, but they don't know that and still see bad news. Or good news, I deliver some of that.

OK, me first.

Are you a paperboy?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

so what do you all do for a living on 17:54 - Jan 17 with 2327 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Left school at 16, worked on a plant nursery, spent a year at horticultural college, more time spent at various nurseries around the UK, 5 years growing mushrooms, good money but tedious, left to manage a garden centre, started as a self employed gardener 8 years ago. Love it, never going to be rich, but working in the great outdoors & for some really nice people is so satisfying. Can see why Benters is enjoying his new found career so much.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024