Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so what do you all do for a living 15:13 - Jan 17 with 24113 viewstaximan

i'm regularly told i'm an imbecile etc, so all things considered i haven't done too bad to build a business up from scratch, admittedly i only drive people around, but what i've got is all mine, i'm not a wage slave to a boss.

so over to you, the high and mighty of twtd, what is your line of work ??
so what do you all do for a living on 10:32 - Jan 18 with 3263 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I work at a Sport's National Governing Body

working alongside home nation sports councils to improve transition of athletes along the pathway onto world class programmes and on to win Olympic Gold Medals.
so what do you all do for a living on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 3242 viewsitfcjoe

After 7 years in pensions where I ended up as a Product Manager I know run the family business with my Dad which he has built up from nothing to a really good company.

I've come in at the easy end it feels - but had to take a step back career and benefit wise to do so and am helping edge him towards an earlier and more lucrative retirement by keeping everything running and handling a lot of the rubbish he doesn't like doing and isn't as good at.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

so what do you all do for a living on 10:50 - Jan 18 with 3224 viewsChateauWines

I'm a humble wine merchant. Sounds quite glamourise, but for every hour imsampling the old grape juice I'm spending 16 hours in a cold shop lugging boxes around.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

so what do you all do for a living on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 3208 viewsitfcjoe

so what do you all do for a living on 09:16 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

A timelapse I took whilst transiting the Suez Canal. The reason it is shaking at times is because my helmsman was pretty terrible. At one point I had to intervene to stop him from steering us into the bank of the canal...

Excellent stuff

When I was first with my (now) wife, she worked on a Russian Billionaire's super yacht so got to know about all the boating stuff from that side and always seemed interesting

so what do you all do for a living on 10:59 - Jan 18 with 3189 viewsNewcyBlue

so what do you all do for a living on 10:53 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Excellent stuff

When I was first with my (now) wife, she worked on a Russian Billionaire's super yacht so got to know about all the boating stuff from that side and always seemed interesting

The Super Yachts aren't much fun, think it takes a certain type of person to do them. I got offered a job with Disney Cruise Line, I could think of nothing worse than walking talking cargo!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

so what do you all do for a living on 11:03 - Jan 18 with 3178 viewsitfcjoe

so what do you all do for a living on 10:59 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

The Super Yachts aren't much fun, think it takes a certain type of person to do them. I got offered a job with Disney Cruise Line, I could think of nothing worse than walking talking cargo!

Her's was a bit different - 25 staff and the guy that owned it would only come on for the odd weekend here or there through the (British winter) but would be a lot harder work on the Med season.

She was a stewardess, so just had to clean - as soul destroying as cleaning room that you cleaned the day before, and day before that, which no one had used must have been - the money was good and gave her a safe environment to see the world and make life long friends.

so what do you all do for a living on 11:10 - Jan 18 with 3149 viewsNewcyBlue

so what do you all do for a living on 11:03 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Her's was a bit different - 25 staff and the guy that owned it would only come on for the odd weekend here or there through the (British winter) but would be a lot harder work on the Med season.

She was a stewardess, so just had to clean - as soul destroying as cleaning room that you cleaned the day before, and day before that, which no one had used must have been - the money was good and gave her a safe environment to see the world and make life long friends.

That's more crew than I had on a 400 Metre long Container ship weighing more than 200 thousand tonnes!

so what do you all do for a living on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 3137 viewshoppy

so what do you all do for a living on 10:59 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

They're a Mickey Mouse outfit anyway, so I reckon you made the right choice.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

so what do you all do for a living on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 3127 viewsgiant_stow

so what do you all do for a living on 11:10 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

That's more crew than I had on a 400 Metre long Container ship weighing more than 200 thousand tonnes!

I always assume that steering a bludy great big ship through that canal would be a job for some kind of expert pilot and now you say it's the job of a numpty - gutted!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so what do you all do for a living on 11:15 - Jan 18 with 3119 viewsSwansea_Blue

so what do you all do for a living on 11:10 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

I've told you about being a fantasist before! Here's you last week

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

so what do you all do for a living on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 3117 viewshoppy

so what do you all do for a living on 11:14 - Jan 18 by giant_stow

I always assume that steering a bludy great big ship through that canal would be a job for some kind of expert pilot and now you say it's the job of a numpty - gutted!

But look on the bright side - it's suddenly opened up further job options for you if you ever decided on a career change...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

so what do you all do for a living on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 3095 viewsNewcyBlue

so what do you all do for a living on 11:14 - Jan 18 by giant_stow

We have pilots on board (they are usually fast asleep in the chair). The Helmsman steers to the order he is given. If your helmsman is rubbish then you need to keep a damned close eye on him or her. Any old numpty can get an AB's ticket and go steer a ship to orders.

so what do you all do for a living on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 3093 viewsNewcyBlue

so what do you all do for a living on 11:15 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

I've told you about being a fantasist before! Here's you last week

With me on there it does weight 200 thousand tonnes!

so what do you all do for a living on 11:24 - Jan 18 with 3068 viewsBlueStreak

I am a Real Estate Insurance Broker in the city and have been for 3 years now. It is actually quite interesting as get involved in arranging insurance for buildings like the Gherkin (not Dean).

Perks are the corporate events and the nice long boozy lunches.

Wish I worked closer to home though, as do spend a lot of time commuting.
so what do you all do for a living on 11:24 - Jan 18 with 3066 viewsgiant_stow

so what do you all do for a living on 11:19 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

We have pilots on board (they are usually fast asleep in the chair). The Helmsman steers to the order he is given. If your helmsman is rubbish then you need to keep a damned close eye on him or her. Any old numpty can get an AB's ticket and go steer a ship to orders.

Interesting stuff - ta.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so what do you all do for a living on 11:30 - Jan 18 with 3040 viewsIPS_wich

Director in a global management consultancy, now based down under after 15 years based in London. Mainly focus on performance improvement in government and healthcare. Worked with Dept of Health, Home Office, Dept of Education, about 15 hospitals and 10 police forces in the UK. Been mainly working with state government since moving to Oz.

Work stupid hours most of the time but never had the nerve to jump out of consulting and get a real job, but probably a bit too old (43) to make it to partner now (where the big money is). Generally love the project work but less excited by the business development side of things (which is 50% minimum of the Director role).
so what do you all do for a living on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 2971 viewsStenvict

so what do you all do for a living on 10:50 - Jan 18 by ChateauWines

I'm a humble wine merchant. Sounds quite glamourise, but for every hour imsampling the old grape juice I'm spending 16 hours in a cold shop lugging boxes around.

I work for a wine merchant in London.

Poll: What will be announced first?

so what do you all do for a living on 13:25 - Jan 18 with 2899 viewsconnorscontract

so what do you all do for a living on 19:39 - Jan 17 by Blueorder

I'm a Funeral Director.

A quid for the first person to say something original !

Part-time job...

...you only work mournings.

Just slip the quid to me discreetly in a little brown envelope... ;-)
so what do you all do for a living on 13:33 - Jan 18 with 2877 viewsgernon

We're all in the IT support game, no?
so what do you all do for a living on 13:42 - Jan 18 with 2845 viewsMaySixth

I'm not telling you

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

so what do you all do for a living on 14:05 - Jan 18 with 2813 viewsKitman

Very close indeed to what OsborneOneNil below says does but don't have time to faff about juggling people's utility accounts all over the place..

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

so what do you all do for a living on 14:11 - Jan 18 with 2789 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Football manager, potentially looking for a new job in next few months.

Just kidding.

BOT

so what do you all do for a living on 14:13 - Jan 18 with 2771 viewsLord_Lucan

so what do you all do for a living on 14:05 - Jan 18 by Kitman

Very close indeed to what OsborneOneNil below says does but don't have time to faff about juggling people's utility accounts all over the place..

Thread mode sucker alert!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

so what do you all do for a living on 14:30 - Jan 18 with 2739 viewsHereford_Blue

Was a tax dodger for six years, but then became a doctor 7 years ago.

Work in anaesthetics, intensive care, and with the ambulance service - very fortunate, love my job, wouldn't change it for the world.

Great thread.
so what do you all do for a living on 15:15 - Jan 18 with 2714 viewsbrazil1982

I work for a large University in the North, Office Manager. I am responsible for student related stuff - records, exams, support etc.

It's a good place to work but the commute is silly (90 minutes each way).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024