Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so what do you all do for a living 15:13 - Jan 17 with 24053 viewstaximan

i'm regularly told i'm an imbecile etc, so all things considered i haven't done too bad to build a business up from scratch, admittedly i only drive people around, but what i've got is all mine, i'm not a wage slave to a boss.

so over to you, the high and mighty of twtd, what is your line of work ??
so what do you all do for a living on 15:16 - Jan 17 with 6343 viewsKieran_Knows

Depot manager for a company that supplies portable accommodation units to be used as offices/canteens etc.

My old company recently supplied the temporary changing rooms at Anfield whilst the ones inside the stadium were being refurbished.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 15:18]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

so what do you all do for a living on 15:16 - Jan 17 with 6349 viewsgiant_stow

I'm not part of this high and mighty clan (clearly) but why do you keep putting yourself down on this front?

(I'm a web bod who has the finances of an old lady: relatively equity ok (not rich), but very cash poor)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

so what do you all do for a living on 15:16 - Jan 17 with 6341 viewsCOYBitfc

Good work sir.....
I would class myself as a venture capitalist.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

so what do you all do for a living on 15:17 - Jan 17 with 6331 viewsusm

Recruitment and Training.

Specifically for the astronautical industry.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

so what do you all do for a living on 15:18 - Jan 17 with 6328 viewsIllinoisblue

Healthcare marketing. Help hospitals make money. It's as soul destroying as it sounds. Career highlight so far; a hospital VP ringing me to ask how much money they make from their cancer patients.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

so what do you all do for a living on 15:22 - Jan 17 with 6281 viewstaximan

so what do you all do for a living on 15:18 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

Healthcare marketing. Help hospitals make money. It's as soul destroying as it sounds. Career highlight so far; a hospital VP ringing me to ask how much money they make from their cancer patients.

that is desperate !!!!!!
so what do you all do for a living on 15:24 - Jan 17 with 6260 viewsIllinoisblue

so what do you all do for a living on 15:22 - Jan 17 by taximan

that is desperate !!!!!!

it probably wasn't quite as mercenary as it sounds, but still. The NHS this aint.

62 - 78 - 81

so what do you all do for a living on 15:25 - Jan 17 with 6243 viewsTollycobbold

Pimp.
Login to get fewer ads

so what do you all do for a living on 15:29 - Jan 17 with 6206 viewsTollycobbold

OK I look after those in society that can't fend for themselves, make day to day decisions, and need help with everyday life.

I'm Dolly2.0's girlfriend.
so what do you all do for a living on 15:30 - Jan 17 with 6186 viewsjeera

Not true though is it? Like Bentley only you have this hang up.

Why would anyone criticise you for working hard?

You get stick because you're always on the offensive and dish it out needlessly constantly. It seems to be your only motivation for using the forum.

This place is so easy to get along with most people so if you don't, it's because you try really hard not to.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

so what do you all do for a living on 15:31 - Jan 17 with 6180 viewsIllinoisblue

so what do you all do for a living on 15:29 - Jan 17 by Tollycobbold

OK I look after those in society that can't fend for themselves, make day to day decisions, and need help with everyday life.

I'm Dolly2.0's girlfriend.

I hope he makes it out of the flotation tank

62 - 78 - 81

so what do you all do for a living on 15:31 - Jan 17 with 6168 viewsMJallday

Head of IT and Business Operations for a multinational

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

so what do you all do for a living on 15:32 - Jan 17 with 6152 viewsGeoffSentence

I am not high and mighty. I work in IT Support for a software company. I have taken exactly the opposite route to you, meticulously avoiding responsibility throughout my entire career. Now I earn a comfortable living without the hassle or stress of management or ownership.

I work from home, at mostly my own pace with the dog and family around me and a view over beautiful south suffolk. I too am happy with my lot.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

so what do you all do for a living on 15:33 - Jan 17 with 6117 viewsArcher4721

Nothing these days. I leave it all to my plebs.

I'm a philanthropist in my spare time now.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 16:40]
so what do you all do for a living on 15:33 - Jan 17 with 6117 viewsIpswichChris

Former US Marine (systems administrator), currently with the North Carolina Air National Guard (systems administrator) and finishing my B.S. in Computer Science at the University of NC at Charlotte. I am not a typical student however as I am 30 and jumped into college late due to the US Marines service.

I am a computer programmer / systems administrator.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 15:34]
so what do you all do for a living on 15:36 - Jan 17 with 6076 viewsDeano69

Running your own business, and more importantly, keeping it running, regardless of size is a great achievement.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

so what do you all do for a living on 15:41 - Jan 17 with 6031 viewsIllinoisblue

so what do you all do for a living on 15:33 - Jan 17 by IpswichChris

Former US Marine (systems administrator), currently with the North Carolina Air National Guard (systems administrator) and finishing my B.S. in Computer Science at the University of NC at Charlotte. I am not a typical student however as I am 30 and jumped into college late due to the US Marines service.

I am a computer programmer / systems administrator.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 15:34]

UNC are one of my clients. Nice people.

62 - 78 - 81

so what do you all do for a living on 15:47 - Jan 17 with 5990 viewsNo9

so what do you all do for a living on 15:18 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

I have never failed to be surprised that, when I have to go to a 'private' Dr, how close to death I am but parting with the right sort of money I can easily be saved ??
so what do you all do for a living on 15:53 - Jan 17 with 5943 viewsWeWereZombies

so what do you all do for a living on 15:16 - Jan 17 by giant_stow

I'm not part of this high and mighty clan (clearly) but why do you keep putting yourself down on this front?

(I'm a web bod who has the finances of an old lady: relatively equity ok (not rich), but very cash poor)

Now don't you think you should give that old lady her finances back? Delia will sober up and notice sooner or later you know...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

so what do you all do for a living on 15:54 - Jan 17 with 5919 viewsNo9

so what do you all do for a living on 15:16 - Jan 17 by COYBitfc

Good work sir.....
I would class myself as a venture capitalist.

THIEF?
so what do you all do for a living on 16:00 - Jan 17 with 5874 viewsIllinoisblue

so what do you all do for a living on 15:47 - Jan 17 by No9

I have never failed to be surprised that, when I have to go to a 'private' Dr, how close to death I am but parting with the right sort of money I can easily be saved ??

you just get to suffer in a cleaner bed

62 - 78 - 81

so what do you all do for a living on 16:01 - Jan 17 with 5868 viewsBenters

Good for you chap.

Me i started work at 15 as a hod carrier,i got pretty good at it,and by 16 yrs old i was able to work out a system that i was able to look after 4 bricklayers rather than 2 and i was paid the same as a tradesman,i worked out that if i got at work 1 hr before and i stayed 1 hr after to keep ahead off the brickies,therefore i was cutting out a wage boom.(people did say i was like a Spanish donkey)..

I was able to purchase my first brand spanking new Toyota Hilux at the age of 18 for 10k cash boom! CASH MONEY ! LOOK AT ME ..

I bloody loved it,after 25 yrs of doing that i decided enough was enough and i started bricklaying until i got cancer,i then had 4 yrs of sh1t Chemo/Radio/operations and had to go back to work,so someone offered me a garden to love and look after,that was in Sept 2015,now in Jan 2017 i have 14 gardens and customers and more coming in as we speak !

Life eh ? You never know what is around the corner ba ..

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

so what do you all do for a living on 16:02 - Jan 17 with 5844 viewsSamuelowen88

I'm a Research Facility Manager, at the University of Sheffield working in the Particle Physics department, working on various projects at CERN (no we're not making a black hole machine) as well as some work with Industry some of which involve rather large NDAs

Poll: England v Wales Score

so what do you all do for a living on 16:03 - Jan 17 with 5840 viewsTollycobbold

so what do you all do for a living on 16:01 - Jan 17 by Benters

Good for you chap.

Me i started work at 15 as a hod carrier,i got pretty good at it,and by 16 yrs old i was able to work out a system that i was able to look after 4 bricklayers rather than 2 and i was paid the same as a tradesman,i worked out that if i got at work 1 hr before and i stayed 1 hr after to keep ahead off the brickies,therefore i was cutting out a wage boom.(people did say i was like a Spanish donkey)..

I was able to purchase my first brand spanking new Toyota Hilux at the age of 18 for 10k cash boom! CASH MONEY ! LOOK AT ME ..

I bloody loved it,after 25 yrs of doing that i decided enough was enough and i started bricklaying until i got cancer,i then had 4 yrs of sh1t Chemo/Radio/operations and had to go back to work,so someone offered me a garden to love and look after,that was in Sept 2015,now in Jan 2017 i have 14 gardens and customers and more coming in as we speak !

Life eh ? You never know what is around the corner ba ..

You do gardening? You never mentioned it. I have 300 acres I need tending. Capability Brown esque. Could you get it all done on a friday before noon? Thank you.
so what do you all do for a living on 16:03 - Jan 17 with 5824 viewsgtsb1966

I'm semi retired but do a white van man job 16 hours a week to kill the boredom of winter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024