Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars 22:17 - Jan 17 with 1687 viewsWickwar_Blue

Regular attendee in the Lyall and Burley years. Moved away to the South West and subsequently haven't gone to the games very much.

Is it that bad every week? There was no discernible style of football or plan...... I dismissed most of the calls on here for MM to go as the usual 'keyboard warriors' looking for a quick fix but that was limp, clueless and frankly embarrassing.

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:18 - Jan 17 with 1641 viewsFixed_It

That was worse than normal. Embarrassing.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 1604 viewsWickwar_Blue

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:18 - Jan 17 by Fixed_It

Thanks. It was like meeting up with an old friend after a number of years and being shocked at how much they've aged!
Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:27 - Jan 17 with 1548 viewsdalianwasexciting

Last season I managed around 25 games, this year it's a dozen or so home and away. I live near Teesside but still have the passion fostered back in my school days at Westbourne. It's been like it for well over a season and is getting worse on an almost weekly basis

We set up to not concede and when one goes in we have no plan B. There is suppressed talent and what feels like a them and us between the club and fans.MM is apoarantly hamstrung by lack funds but seems to send mixed messages with bids allegedly placed.

We have played people out of position to the point they are at a loss when they do get to that position, Sears the most obvious example, the squad is paper thin, no depth. MM seems tactically inept in the modern world, we got lucky because Murphy had one purple s a son and has always been a willing lone worker, we no longer have that, the midfield us non existent and it's fair to say that some players will always get picked irrespective of form.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:27 - Jan 17 with 1548 viewsbackwaywhen

All I can say is stay away ...you have missed nothing my friend ...Hoooooooooof !
Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:28 - Jan 17 with 1517 viewsSimonds92

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:21 - Jan 17 by Wickwar_Blue

Thanks. It was like meeting up with an old friend after a number of years and being shocked at how much they've aged!

I don't think it was worse than normal really just in the context of who we were playing. In reality that's a very good snapshot of how we've played. We went weeks cheering when we finally had a shot, one of these was about 70mins in to the game and hit the corner flag. It took about 20mins for Jenas to work out what we've been saying for the best part of 18 months, no game plan no style no idea.
Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:30 - Jan 17 with 1456 viewsbluelagos

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:18 - Jan 17 by Fixed_It

Only cos the opposition was non league. Been a number of matches this season every bit as sh1t as that for me.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:33 - Jan 17 with 1422 viewsHerbivore

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:28 - Jan 17 by Simonds92

I don't think it was worse than normal really just in the context of who we were playing. In reality that's a very good snapshot of how we've played. We went weeks cheering when we finally had a shot, one of these was about 70mins in to the game and hit the corner flag. It took about 20mins for Jenas to work out what we've been saying for the best part of 18 months, no game plan no style no idea.

That's not really true though. Tonight was utterly, utterly abysmal and not representative of how we've generally been playing in our recent league fixtures. That was the worst I've seen since the dark days of Jewell tonight, completely hopeless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:41 - Jan 17 with 1332 viewsSimonds92

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:33 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

That's not really true though. Tonight was utterly, utterly abysmal and not representative of how we've generally been playing in our recent league fixtures. That was the worst I've seen since the dark days of Jewell tonight, completely hopeless.

It is true in the last few weeks we have drawn with the team we lost to tonight. Lost at Bristol city who were on a bad run and have since lost something like 7 games in a row. We got played off the park by Fulham and drew against 10 man Cardiff. Indeed we certainly did look a lot better against Blackburn but in reality that performance is a complete anomaly.
Login to get fewer ads

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 07:45 - Jan 18 with 1221 viewsHerbivore

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:41 - Jan 17 by Simonds92

It is true in the last few weeks we have drawn with the team we lost to tonight. Lost at Bristol city who were on a bad run and have since lost something like 7 games in a row. We got played off the park by Fulham and drew against 10 man Cardiff. Indeed we certainly did look a lot better against Blackburn but in reality that performance is a complete anomaly.

We played well in both games against QPR and against Brizzle, so that's four games (including Blackburn) out of our last 7 or 8 where we've actually played pretty well. Let's not indulge in pointless hyperbole, last night was not 'typical' of our performances at all. It was the worst I've seen us play under McCarthy. What is rather typical is that we follow a good performance and result with a disappointing one, but even when that has happened we've not been as shockingly poor as we were last night.

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 08:28 - Jan 18 with 1152 viewspowinswitch

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 07:45 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

We played well in both games against QPR and against Brizzle, so that's four games (including Blackburn) out of our last 7 or 8 where we've actually played pretty well. Let's not indulge in pointless hyperbole, last night was not 'typical' of our performances at all. It was the worst I've seen us play under McCarthy. What is rather typical is that we follow a good performance and result with a disappointing one, but even when that has happened we've not been as shockingly poor as we were last night.

We played well at QPR until McCarthy decided he'd settle for a draw. We lost. We did not play well at Bristol city. We were very poor in that game. We played very well against Bristol City and Blackburn at home, and I enjoyed both matches. We were lucky to draw at home to Lincoln City but were very poor, while we were abysmal last night in the replay We were slightly less abysmal against Fulham, but still absysmal. We were at best average against Cardiff City, and fought out a drab 1-1 draw, and they had a man sent off. I did not make Wigan or Birmingham City away. We have beaten three teams, all of whom are below us, and potential relegation candidates. We drew with a team who were in the relegation zone and were down to 10 men. We lost a game We should have won or at least drawn, due to the negativity of a drab manager. We lost to two decent enough teams, but we're totally outplayed by one of them - I didn't see the other one. We were twice outplayed by a club operating on a fraction of our budget. We have lost to lower league opposition consistently in Mcacrthys tenure as manager.

I have said it before. You are entitled to your opinion, and I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. You really don't know what you're talking about, and clearly do not have the football knowledge to identify when the philosophy of one man -McCarthy - is so negative as to drag our club down to the very depths. Wake up and smell the roses.
Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 09:07 - Jan 18 with 1085 viewsBent_double

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 22:28 - Jan 17 by Simonds92

Maybe now some of the 'experts' they have on programs like the Championship on Channel 5 can see what fans have been saying for the past 18 months or so, instead of saying we should be grateful to have a great manager such as MM.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 09:10 - Jan 18 with 1068 viewshype313

Can you remember the Duncan years? If so, then it's worse than that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 09:10 - Jan 18 with 1069 viewsblueblood66

pretty much yes, I hope all the Mick supporters are now seeing the light, like I did at the start of the season.
Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 1035 viewsSimonds92

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 08:28 - Jan 18 by powinswitch

We played well at QPR until McCarthy decided he'd settle for a draw. We lost. We did not play well at Bristol city. We were very poor in that game. We played very well against Bristol City and Blackburn at home, and I enjoyed both matches. We were lucky to draw at home to Lincoln City but were very poor, while we were abysmal last night in the replay We were slightly less abysmal against Fulham, but still absysmal. We were at best average against Cardiff City, and fought out a drab 1-1 draw, and they had a man sent off. I did not make Wigan or Birmingham City away. We have beaten three teams, all of whom are below us, and potential relegation candidates. We drew with a team who were in the relegation zone and were down to 10 men. We lost a game We should have won or at least drawn, due to the negativity of a drab manager. We lost to two decent enough teams, but we're totally outplayed by one of them - I didn't see the other one. We were twice outplayed by a club operating on a fraction of our budget. We have lost to lower league opposition consistently in Mcacrthys tenure as manager.

I have said it before. You are entitled to your opinion, and I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. You really don't know what you're talking about, and clearly do not have the football knowledge to identify when the philosophy of one man -McCarthy - is so negative as to drag our club down to the very depths. Wake up and smell the roses.

Spot on!
Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 17:19 - Jan 18 with 921 viewsHerbivore

Genuine Question to the long suffering regulars on 08:28 - Jan 18 by powinswitch

I know plenty about football, thanks. I could agree with you on both that on your overall view of things but then we'd both be wrong twice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024