Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... 23:51 - Jan 17 with 2496 viewsITFCBlues

But is sacking him really going to change anything? We've all seen the parameters with which he has to work within. He hasn't got a lot of money to spend and we've got a fairly average squad with a lot of injuries at present. Tonight really can't be defended in anyway what so ever. But unless there is a change of approach and we spend a bit of money, this is what we've got. We're probably situated in the league where our budget allows us to be.

Sacking Mick just isn't the answer I'm afraid

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I've been one of Mick's biggest spporters over the last 2 years or so... on 23:58 - Jan 17 with 2465 viewsGuthrum

and I agree with you to some extent, because we'd have to find someone even cleverer at using a cheap, injury-prone squad.

But

The look on his face when Lincoln scored told me he's possibly had enough. And he was unable to motivate the players even for a televised FA Cup tie against non-League opposition. The plan wasn't there, or wasn't executed. He's just been hit with yet another significant injury. Can he do any more?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 00:01 - Jan 18 with 2451 viewsTrequartista

We had all this when Royle left saying he could take it no further and Jim took us back up into the play-off positions before Marcus arrived. There weren't any million pound bids in then, just scraping together 100k for Walters, Pablo on a free etc, and some decent football. McCarthy is just a second rate manager, once very good at this level, but could never cut it in the premier league and now can't cut it at championship level either.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 05:49 - Jan 18 with 2366 viewsJohnny_Boy

But retaining his services & keeping him on doesn't mean his philosophy will change.
This team has been assembled by him. By hook or by crook, he got us to the play-offs on a shoe string budget - and was happy to take all the accolades which went with it - along with that much publicised contract extension.......let's not forget.

Ironically, that has been the rod for his own back. "Hey MM, do it again"

Only this time, it's gone tits up. The 3 seasons of freebies, loanee's & 100k punts have finally taken their toll.

Murphy singlehandedly got us to the play-offs.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 6:30]
I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 06:06 - Jan 18 with 2345 viewsKeaneish

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 00:01 - Jan 18 by Trequartista

We had all this when Royle left saying he could take it no further and Jim took us back up into the play-off positions before Marcus arrived. There weren't any million pound bids in then, just scraping together 100k for Walters, Pablo on a free etc, and some decent football. McCarthy is just a second rate manager, once very good at this level, but could never cut it in the premier league and now can't cut it at championship level either.

Completely agree. Some defend MM by looking at the squad and saying it's not good enough, I disagree. There's plenty of quality in that squad but they've lost their way, they look scared to pass and demand the ball. A new man needs to come in and rejuvenate this team. It's the only way.

I can only hope he's taken the night to think it over and we'll hear a news report confirming his departure today. It'll be utter disbelief if he doesn't. You simply can't continue after such a performance like that. It was incompetence of the highest order laid bare in front of millions.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 06:14 - Jan 18 with 2320 viewswkj

Keeping Mick isn't the answer either, The FA Cup results have made his position untenable. Keeping him employed would be insulting, regardless of who is or isn't able to take over.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 07:50 - Jan 18 with 2180 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

Utterly gobsmacked we still have supporters content to suffer more unentertaining football and arrogance from a manager so detatched from how today's game should be played. The only league we will be in if MM remains is Div 1, to say sacking MM isn't the answer you're saying there's no other manager capable of getting our so called footballers to play football....Jesus you really are deluded!!

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 07:53 - Jan 18 with 2162 viewsnodge_blue

so your argument works if we were knocked out by a championship side. But it was a non league side with a budget of 500k a year. So somewhere along the way we are not getting the right quality of player in (Best) and we are not playing to a style. Mccarthy has to take a large amount of the blame.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:07 - Jan 18 with 2121 viewsKilburnBlue

For a team of players who are one tier away from being classed a premiership footballer I cannot fathom how most of them do not know how to pass a ball to each other.

No disrespect to Lincoln but to be outplayed twice by them, for me is not acceptable.

Login to get fewer ads

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:11 - Jan 18 with 2104 viewsbournemouthblue

In the short term it would lift the general doom and gloom of this season

In the long term it's anyone's guess. There's certainly a job on to evolve this side.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:29 - Jan 18 with 2060 viewshadleighboyblue

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 07:53 - Jan 18 by nodge_blue

so your argument works if we were knocked out by a championship side. But it was a non league side with a budget of 500k a year. So somewhere along the way we are not getting the right quality of player in (Best) and we are not playing to a style. Mccarthy has to take a large amount of the blame.

Agreed !

You can't blame the lack of investment by ME on a display like that against a non league team , who had more ideas , more skills and more passion . Lincoln haven't had millions to spend .

It's the manager and the players that should take the blame for that , the manager and the players are paid good money ,the only player to show any passion was a loan player , that's simply not acceptable .
I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:40 - Jan 18 with 2021 viewsDoobDude

Sacking Mick is the first thing that must be done.
However it isn't the full solution, forcing Evans out of the club is the only way we will ever get our club and our identity back.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:48 - Jan 18 with 1993 viewspablosturn

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:40 - Jan 18 by DoobDude

Sacking Mick is the first thing that must be done.
However it isn't the full solution, forcing Evans out of the club is the only way we will ever get our club and our identity back.

I get confused about the whole Evans out and give us our club back thing?

Surely a decent manager and decent results gives us identity and our club back?? Evans isn't doing anything different to what he was doing when we were all having a party at Watford and Charlton etc but the difference is our manager has lost it.

Change the manager, get some fresh ideas and players and we would "have our club back" it is just a massive blub at an owner that invests £6-7m a year in a average champ side. Give him a break, who do you want to bankroll the club?
I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:51 - Jan 18 with 1975 viewsblueconscience

I agree Evans is the main problem at the club, but maybe a new manager will get us playing more positive enjoyable football if nothing else.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:53 - Jan 18 with 1954 viewspablosturn

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:51 - Jan 18 by blueconscience

I agree Evans is the main problem at the club, but maybe a new manager will get us playing more positive enjoyable football if nothing else.

What is the issue with Evans, other than him being faceless....? Just don't get it
I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:55 - Jan 18 with 1940 viewsblueconscience

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:53 - Jan 18 by pablosturn

What is the issue with Evans, other than him being faceless....? Just don't get it

Lack of interest or ambition, lack of funds (all clubs have to pay wages you know!!!), and most other clubs run at a loss so don't give us that he pumps in millions a year to keep the club running as most chairmen do just that.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 8:55]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 09:01 - Jan 18 with 1914 viewspablosturn

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 08:55 - Jan 18 by blueconscience

Lack of interest or ambition, lack of funds (all clubs have to pay wages you know!!!), and most other clubs run at a loss so don't give us that he pumps in millions a year to keep the club running as most chairmen do just that.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 8:55]

1. How you know he lacks interest? He comes to a lot of games and is an ITFC fan

2. He spends £6-7m a year keeping us going, who else is prepared to do that. We have a mid range budget and are a mid range English club. The point is there aren't a queue of people to buy a football club

3. He is probably holding back transfer funds as MM is doing so poorly, he has spent vast sums on transfers with all managers when necessary

4. We run at a loss yes, within the rules the FA provide
I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 09:02 - Jan 18 with 1911 viewsRadlett_blue

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 00:01 - Jan 18 by Trequartista

Jim took us close to the play offs with no money. However, the game has changed since the virtual abandonment of FFP & I'd guess our playing budget is about 14th in this league. So, assuming we finish around there, McCarthy is performing at around par. Despite the hysteria about last night - and, yes, it was the most embarrassing performance I've seen in 40 years of supporting Town, given the level of the opposition - we are actually as near to the play-offs as we are to relegation. The bigger question is if a new man could do better. Possibly, while McCarthy's negative tactics are proving increasingly frustrating to the fans. So I'd get rid at the end of the season, which would seem a more appropriate time for a rebuild than January.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 09:06 - Jan 18 with 1880 viewsblueconscience

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 09:01 - Jan 18 by pablosturn

1. How you know he lacks interest? He comes to a lot of games and is an ITFC fan

2. He spends £6-7m a year keeping us going, who else is prepared to do that. We have a mid range budget and are a mid range English club. The point is there aren't a queue of people to buy a football club

3. He is probably holding back transfer funds as MM is doing so poorly, he has spent vast sums on transfers with all managers when necessary

4. We run at a loss yes, within the rules the FA provide

1. If he watches all the games, how could he be happy with the dross served up every week?.

2. As do most chairmen, when you consider the wages and signings the others are making they probably have to pay more a year.

3. Then get rid!!!!

4. The rules that only Ipswich seem to follow!!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 9:27]

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 09:31 - Jan 18 with 1821 viewsITFCBlues

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 07:53 - Jan 18 by nodge_blue

Should Liverpool sack Kloop? They didn't beat Plymouth with a far superior budget.

The point is, we're mid-table - that's what our budget allows.

Yes - the football is sh!te but we've no money to spend & unless that changes, results on the pitch won't either

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 09:51 - Jan 18 with 1766 viewschristiand

I've. Even Micks biggest critic over the last 2 years or so... on 05:49 - Jan 18 by Johnny_Boy

But retaining his services & keeping him on doesn't mean his philosophy will change.
This team has been assembled by him. By hook or by crook, he got us to the play-offs on a shoe string budget - and was happy to take all the accolades which went with it - along with that much publicised contract extension.......let's not forget.

Ironically, that has been the rod for his own back. "Hey MM, do it again"

Only this time, it's gone tits up. The 3 seasons of freebies, loanee's & 100k punts have finally taken their toll.

Murphy singlehandedly got us to the play-offs.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 6:30]

And Derby capitulating,we where treading water towards the end of that season and stumbled into 6th place. It wasn't through our own play!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024