Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side 00:06 - Jan 18 with 3150 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Maybe match fixing or something?

How on earth have we been so horrific against non-league team? Feeling so numb.
It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:10 - Jan 18 with 2630 viewsDolly2.0

It's match fixing in a way. Mick showed his contempt for this game with the team he put out. He doesn't care... and now i don't care about him.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:12 - Jan 18 with 2607 viewsHipsterectomy

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:10 - Jan 18 by Dolly2.0

It's match fixing in a way. Mick showed his contempt for this game with the team he put out. He doesn't care... and now i don't care about him.

I can't think of a manager that we have had who would show such contempt and indifference...even Keane and Jewell cared

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:15 - Jan 18 with 2582 viewsDolly2.0

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:12 - Jan 18 by Hipsterectomy

I can't think of a manager that we have had who would show such contempt and indifference...even Keane and Jewell cared

I was just thinking that. As much as I hate Keane, he would've shown more passion about the FA cup than Mick did. Which is really worrying what with Keane being the worst manager in ITFC history.

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:16 - Jan 18 with 2564 viewscaught-in-limbo

We have better players than Lincoln. The difference between the teams was everything that the manager is responsible for: motivation, tactics, players playing to their strengths and style of play.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:16 - Jan 18 with 2566 viewsGuthrum

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:10 - Jan 18 by Dolly2.0

Thing is, that team still ought to have been able to beat Lincoln. But they never will playing like that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:24 - Jan 18 with 2491 viewsMach_foreignBlue

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:16 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

Thing is, that team still ought to have been able to beat Lincoln. But they never will playing like that.

Even that 120 kg fat donkey Rhead was far more better and far more active than most of our team. How is it possible?
It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:25 - Jan 18 with 2484 viewsJohnny_Boy

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:16 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

An experienced manager like MM was effortlessly undermined & outfoxed/outplayed by the novice managers at Lincoln.

The Lincoln manager had a game plan & knew their strengths/weaknesses.
More importantly, they had a game plan.

The idea of Skuse/Douglas is utilising their experience - maybe even dependability for possession.
Our possession was worse than Lincoln tonight. Pretty much says it all really.
It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:27 - Jan 18 with 2440 viewsGuthrum

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:24 - Jan 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

Even that 120 kg fat donkey Rhead was far more better and far more active than most of our team. How is it possible?

He's a fairly effective battering ram, expect he does that every week. But we should have ensured that the ball never got near him.

Login to get fewer ads

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:31 - Jan 18 with 2405 viewscaught-in-limbo

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:12 - Jan 18 by Hipsterectomy

I actually think Mick does care. Not so much about the FA Cup in general, but he would definitely have cared about this match, live on TV against such lowly opposition.

His future as a manager was dealt a mighty blow tonight as his style of play, which has often generously been described as "effective", was shown for all to see as anything but effective.

#toxic

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:37 - Jan 18 with 2359 viewsGuthrum

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:31 - Jan 18 by caught-in-limbo

I actually think Mick does care. Not so much about the FA Cup in general, but he would definitely have cared about this match, live on TV against such lowly opposition.

His future as a manager was dealt a mighty blow tonight as his style of play, which has often generously been described as "effective", was shown for all to see as anything but effective.

He looked utterly devastated when the goal went in, on the verge of tears.

Can't find the actual image I want, but these are close:

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:41 - Jan 18 with 2333 viewsGiveusaWave

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:31 - Jan 18 by caught-in-limbo

Lack of game plan, creativity and tactics comes down to the Manager. Aimless hoofing with no target man was an inept strategy from the start and we couldn't even string a few passes together. They had 15 shots, we had 7, though most of those shots could hardly be counted as shots (Douglas' lame effort that could have been overtaken by a snail for example). The side looked clueless and it makes me wonder what the hell was said at half-time. Mick needs to go for the sake of this club.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:54 - Jan 18 with 2262 viewscaught-in-limbo

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:41 - Jan 18 by GiveusaWave

Lack of game plan, creativity and tactics comes down to the Manager. Aimless hoofing with no target man was an inept strategy from the start and we couldn't even string a few passes together. They had 15 shots, we had 7, though most of those shots could hardly be counted as shots (Douglas' lame effort that could have been overtaken by a snail for example). The side looked clueless and it makes me wonder what the hell was said at half-time. Mick needs to go for the sake of this club.

You're right, there was little to no game plan. So the learned behaviour that worked two years ago took over. But Murphy and McGoldrick weren't there to receive the long ball from deep.

#toxic

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 01:03 - Jan 18 with 2218 viewscaught-in-limbo

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:37 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

The way that he is remembered at Town may well rest on this:

Hand in his resignation or hang on for a last big payday.

It's actually really really sad and I genuinely feel for him despite wanting him gone since November. He'll have a torrid next few days thinking about his immediate future.

His long term future as a well paid manager will likely also rest on that decision.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 1:06]

#toxic

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 01:12 - Jan 18 with 2180 viewsTheBlueBarca

The quality of the players aren't up to it, we hear all this nonsense on here about it being a stronger squad every season, how it's a good squad and the managers to blame. The reality is the results do not lie, they were bested over the course of two games by a non-league side. They looked shabby, they couldn't pass, they were outright not able to match the level of their opponents.

Mick's days are numbered now, Tom Lawrence has single handedly kept him in the job.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 04:00 - Jan 18 with 2001 viewsBenters

Now perhaps you can see what i have been getting at all season.

The club is in a mess from top to bottom.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:16 - Jan 18 with 1907 viewsDolly2.0

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 04:00 - Jan 18 by Benters

Now is not the time for crowing Benters.

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:24 - Jan 18 with 1870 viewsbrogansnose

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 04:00 - Jan 18 by Benters

Well done Evans in the ten years that you've been here we are now worse off then when you first came in.

Mick, I think you're a good bloke but just go mate for everyones sake.

Evans, why do you even own a football club ?

Mess, top to bottom.
It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:33 - Jan 18 with 1821 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 00:37 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

That top picture speaks a thousand words.

He looks utterly devastated.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:36 - Jan 18 with 1803 viewsBenters

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:16 - Jan 18 by Dolly2.0

Now is not the time for crowing Benters.

Fair enough grumpy

Gentlybentley

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:39 - Jan 18 with 1786 viewsBenters

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:24 - Jan 18 by brogansnose

Well done Evans in the ten years that you've been here we are now worse off then when you first came in.

Mick, I think you're a good bloke but just go mate for everyones sake.

Evans, why do you even own a football club ?

Mess, top to bottom.

Do you think they will wash the North stand roof anytime soon ?

They could use a few buckets full of fans tears that might help .

Gentlybentley

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:41 - Jan 18 with 1780 viewsDolly2.0

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:36 - Jan 18 by Benters

Fair enough grumpy

If ever there was a time people were entitled to be grumpy, it's now.

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:44 - Jan 18 with 1752 viewsBenters

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:41 - Jan 18 by Dolly2.0

If ever there was a time people were entitled to be grumpy, it's now.

Im happy as a change is a comin brother .

Gentlybentley

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:45 - Jan 18 with 1745 viewswkj

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:44 - Jan 18 by Benters

Im happy as a change is a comin brother .

But is it though, I really remain sceptical. I cant see how anyone would be happy until clear movement is announced

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:48 - Jan 18 with 1718 viewsBenters

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:45 - Jan 18 by wkj

But is it though, I really remain sceptical. I cant see how anyone would be happy until clear movement is announced

Im harbouring a big poo if that helps?

Gentlybentley

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:49 - Jan 18 with 1710 viewswkj

It's impossible to have performed so badly against non-league side on 06:48 - Jan 18 by Benters

Im harbouring a big poo if that helps?

You have Douglas over at your house? That's disgusting

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024