Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coppers at Lincoln 00:44 - Jan 18 with 3598 viewsdidsburyblue

Did anyone else at the game tonight get 'quizzed' on their knowledge of Ipswich by the Coppers at the away turnstile? When I say quizzed, it wasn't particularly taxing; after being asked where I lived (nice curveball of Manchester) and how well I knew Ipswich, I was then asked who do we have statues of at Portman Road.

Apparently the Law were concerned about Lincoln supporters buying tickets for our end so were quizzing certain supporters going into the Away End.

Don't know why they chose me, perhaps I looked more cheerful pre-match than they would expect of your typical Ipswich fan.
Coppers at Lincoln on 00:46 - Jan 18 with 3563 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If they had any sense, they wouldn't have asked the question that many Lincoln fans would have known the answer to because they were 40 yards away from it last week but hey ho.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Coppers at Lincoln on 00:48 - Jan 18 with 3518 viewsdidsburyblue

Coppers at Lincoln on 00:46 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

If they had any sense, they wouldn't have asked the question that many Lincoln fans would have known the answer to because they were 40 yards away from it last week but hey ho.

I thought exactly the same Rommy - particularly when we have 2 stands named after them as well!
Coppers at Lincoln on 02:49 - Jan 18 with 3303 viewsmadmouse1959

...and there were some Lincoln fans behind the goal celebrating when they scored. !!!!

shampoo dave

Coppers at Lincoln on 04:37 - Jan 18 with 3227 viewsBenters

There were Lincoln fans in the away end i saw them celebrate when Lincoln scored.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Coppers at Lincoln on 05:30 - Jan 18 with 3166 viewspowinswitch

Have had this sporadically over the years. Not often I acknowledge but sometimes. First time I remember was Highbury in 84/85. Asked where I came from and when I said Woodbridge they asked questions which revealed they knew the town. Thought they must be Suffolk plod at the time. Were in uniform, but I didn't check out the badge to see if they were met or suffolks finest.
Coppers at Lincoln on 06:53 - Jan 18 with 2820 viewsITFC_Forever

Coppers at Lincoln on 04:37 - Jan 18 by Benters

There were Lincoln fans in the away end i saw them celebrate when Lincoln scored.

It was Town fans giving an angry response to the goal.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Coppers at Lincoln on 06:54 - Jan 18 with 2811 viewsITFC_Forever

They were asking questions.... they didn't ask us as Kingy was on the turnstiles and recognised a
mate of mine.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Coppers at Lincoln on 07:25 - Jan 18 with 2635 viewsPlums

How on earth did the management and playing staff get in?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Coppers at Lincoln on 09:36 - Jan 18 with 2329 viewsradiogaga

Coppers at Lincoln on 00:48 - Jan 18 by didsburyblue

I thought exactly the same Rommy - particularly when we have 2 stands named after them as well!

I got snapped at by a steward for saying "Who is Stacey West?" to my mate (our stand was the Stacey West stand), not only butting in a conversation they were not a part of, but also acting as though I should have known what all the stands at Lincoln City Football Club's worldwide iconic stadium are named after.

Strange folk.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 9:40]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Coppers at Lincoln on 09:50 - Jan 18 with 2219 viewsbobwya

Coppers at Lincoln on 09:36 - Jan 18 by radiogaga

I got snapped at by a steward for saying "Who is Stacey West?" to my mate (our stand was the Stacey West stand), not only butting in a conversation they were not a part of, but also acting as though I should have known what all the stands at Lincoln City Football Club's worldwide iconic stadium are named after.

Strange folk.

Just in case you didn't get an answer Stacey and West were the names of the 2 Lincoln supporters who died in the Bradford fire
Coppers at Lincoln on 10:21 - Jan 18 with 2126 viewsbluesfranc

Coppers at Lincoln on 06:53 - Jan 18 by ITFC_Forever

It was Town fans giving an angry response to the goal.

There was a few Lincoln fans who celebrated, ran towards the side where players were celebrating and was wearing a Lincoln shirt
Coppers at Lincoln on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 2048 viewsitfcjoe

Coppers at Lincoln on 09:50 - Jan 18 by bobwya

Just in case you didn't get an answer Stacey and West were the names of the 2 Lincoln supporters who died in the Bradford fire

I wondered that, as presumed it was a Gavin and Stacey reference....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Coppers at Lincoln on 10:38 - Jan 18 with 2007 viewsnorthstandsteps

Yeah, we got asked who Ipswich's shortest ever player was who now smells of fish. My old man correctly answers "Laurie Sivell" and we were awarded with entry to watch our public humiliation unfold
Coppers at Lincoln on 10:41 - Jan 18 with 1976 viewsMJallday

Coppers at Lincoln on 09:36 - Jan 18 by radiogaga

Strange folk.

to be honest when i saw the name in that stand i was lookign out for the Gavin, vanessa and uncle bryn stands.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024