Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Sheepshanks 04:07 - Jan 18 with 1260 viewstrncbluearmy

Someone with the club at heart,influence in the game and contacts has to stand up and sort this mess out otherwise the Club as we know will die.

I know he made mistakes but have always felt a lot of the criticism, I only really hear from a few on here,completely unjustified based on gossip, rumour and not aware of or ignoring the facts.

But his actions in allowing GB unlimited funds and selling the club to Evans have now directly led to this mess.

ITFC were described on live TV by one of our own as an "Utter Disgrace".

This result has been coming but if it leads to massive change quickly, it can also be the cure.
David Sheepshanks on 04:47 - Jan 18 with 1215 viewswkj

I am not really sure what you would expect SS to do... He wouldn't be able to sustain in excess of 6m losses a year, let alone buy the 80-90 million odd debt

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

David Sheepshanks on 05:08 - Jan 18 with 1195 viewstrncbluearmy

David Sheepshanks on 04:47 - Jan 18 by wkj

I am not really sure what you would expect SS to do... He wouldn't be able to sustain in excess of 6m losses a year, let alone buy the 80-90 million odd debt

For a start he is good mates with Michael Spencer a billionaire who is already an ITFC shareholder,but that aside he moves in the right circles and has contacts.

Perhaps he is the one person who could bring a group of local business leaders together or perhaps he could just contact Evans direct and offer experience.

One of Evans biggest mistakes amongst the litany of mistakes was not retaining Sheepy and David Bowden, the MD we had at the time.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 5:23]
David Sheepshanks on 05:25 - Jan 18 with 1166 viewswkj

David Sheepshanks on 05:08 - Jan 18 by trncbluearmy

For a start he is good mates with Michael Spencer a billionaire who is already an ITFC shareholder,but that aside he moves in the right circles and has contacts.

Perhaps he is the one person who could bring a group of local business leaders together or perhaps he could just contact Evans direct and offer experience.

One of Evans biggest mistakes amongst the litany of mistakes was not retaining Sheepy and David Bowden, the MD we had at the time.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 5:23]

Ah right, not sure there is a bats chance of that happening either. Seems as we have lost our identity and don't seem to be getting it back any time soon, maybe Red Bull will come in and deliver death knell to any shred of history we cling on to

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

David Sheepshanks on 05:52 - Jan 18 with 1139 viewstrncbluearmy

David Sheepshanks on 05:25 - Jan 18 by wkj

Ah right, not sure there is a bats chance of that happening either. Seems as we have lost our identity and don't seem to be getting it back any time soon, maybe Red Bull will come in and deliver death knell to any shred of history we cling on to

You can guarantee if no one tries nothing will happen.

That email address should be bombarded if there are enough being sent it is part of his pr teams duty to tell him what is going on
David Sheepshanks on 07:01 - Jan 18 with 1036 viewsoldbluestu

He didn't sell the club to Evans he took the club into administration which meant the administrators had to find a buyer or the club was no more.

It was SS's lack of football and buisness knowledge giving Burley too much money to spend on average players resulting in relegation which got us into administration.
David Sheepshanks on 07:45 - Jan 18 with 947 viewstrncbluearmy

David Sheepshanks on 07:01 - Jan 18 by oldbluestu

He didn't sell the club to Evans he took the club into administration which meant the administrators had to find a buyer or the club was no more.

It was SS's lack of football and buisness knowledge giving Burley too much money to spend on average players resulting in relegation which got us into administration.

After your admission about ripping people of it is very hard to take you to seriously

however I agree I used the wrong word in saying sell however he did get Evans interested, as for your last paragraph I agree he trusted GB to much but given the success under GB an easy mistake to make and imagine the outcry if he had not backed GB to the full extent. Anyone would have made that call but whilst it was a mistake it was not the reason we went into admin, blame Happy Clappy, Herman and ITV digital for that.
David Sheepshanks on 07:55 - Jan 18 with 896 viewsElderGrizzly

It was his financial mismanagement that led us to one administration and onto the brink of another before he sold to Evans.

Not sure he's the answer, although does clearly still care about the club.

To really invest in the club and deliver promotion, i've said before we need a £200m investment over the next 5 years. That's the scale of things now in this league
David Sheepshanks on 08:00 - Jan 18 with 864 viewsoldbluestu

David Sheepshanks on 07:45 - Jan 18 by trncbluearmy

After your admission about ripping people of it is very hard to take you to seriously

however I agree I used the wrong word in saying sell however he did get Evans interested, as for your last paragraph I agree he trusted GB to much but given the success under GB an easy mistake to make and imagine the outcry if he had not backed GB to the full extent. Anyone would have made that call but whilst it was a mistake it was not the reason we went into admin, blame Happy Clappy, Herman and ITV digital for that.

Sorry but ITV didn't cause our relegation from the Prem, I accept them pulling out of that deal didn't help but ultimately had we avoided relegation the ITV deal wasnt a problem
Login to get fewer ads

David Sheepshanks on 08:08 - Jan 18 with 833 viewsbournemouthblue

David Sheepshanks on 08:00 - Jan 18 by oldbluestu

Sorry but ITV didn't cause our relegation from the Prem, I accept them pulling out of that deal didn't help but ultimately had we avoided relegation the ITV deal wasnt a problem

Had we have been relagated in the current era we would have been signing players and strengthening the squad.

That season in particular is why parachute payments are what they have become. We have suffered as a result of them, having completely fallen off the gravy train.

We not only have to compete with however many sides on hefty parachute payments, there are several clubs with very rich owners who we can't compete with finanically.

Evans was certainly generous when he first came but his money was poorly spent and thus he has been unwilling to back MM with the same level of funding that predecessors were given.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024