Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've had a think 05:46 - Jan 18 with 2807 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And it's time.

He's not gonna turn it round. If even after a good performance like Saturday, he can't get the lads to even perform with some pride just a few days later and allow us to get humiliated with 2(?) shots in the whole game, it's time to go. As people know, I think Evans is the main issue but losing to Lincoln in that manner (over 180 minutes no less) is simply unacceptable.

I though Saturday was a turning point. I really did. But yet again it was a false dawn. Unlucky with injuries? Yep. Made some good signings? Yep. Done it on a ridiculous budget? Yep. Gave me my best ever season as an Ipswich fan? Yep. Gave us a team who seemed to have pride in the shirt? Yep. Brought the fans, players and management together as one? Yep.

But now its sadly time to go Mick.

I really hope it's amicable. If it has to be at the end of the season, so be it.

You're a good guy imo and tried your best throughout but for your sake and ours, let's call it a day before it gets even more toxic. *

* I feel quite sad writing this actually. Perhaps because I knew I was one of his biggest supporters on here.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I've had a think on 08:00 - Jan 18 with 761 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 07:57 - Jan 18 by Johnhoz

Fair play. I live in Leeds mate, so it's like a home game for me. Dead easy to get to

A fair few local ones for you then still to come.. Preston, Huddersfield and Barnsley all Saturday games

I'll be at Barnsley and possibly Preston

I've had a think on 08:01 - Jan 18 with 753 viewsJohnhoz

I've had a think on 08:00 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

A fair few local ones for you then still to come.. Preston, Huddersfield and Barnsley all Saturday games

I'll be at Barnsley and possibly Preston

Don't forget Rotherham

Ahhhh. That's a good point Rommers. Preston is a week on Saturday. I'd almost forgotten

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

I've had a think on 08:02 - Jan 18 with 752 viewsBlueAllOver

Although last night was awful, there are still lots of mitigating factors for Mick if you take the emotion out of it, which realise is a tricky thing to do.

We have won 2 from last 3 league games, unfortunate not to make it 3 from 3 as played well at QPR also. Generally the view has been that we have played better in those games.

Injuries are playing a massive part in things, Webster being injured was a big blow ahead of last night, is that now 8 who would probably be regular starters or being playing a
big part from the bench.

Defenders - Webster, Smith Kenlock
Midfielders, Bishop, Hyam, Williams
Forwards McGoldrick, Pitman.

That to cope with added to the fact that his best players kept being sold and not replaced adequately enough.

Bru & Dozzell struggled in the first game so he changes things around, yes it didnt work but you can see the reasoning behind it. One of his most reliable players
in Berra is really struggling.

Can he turn it around due to the poison, possibly not - but he should be given to the end of season at least. After so many injuries the squad is clearly not good enough, and that would be the same for the new man coming in, unless suddenly the budget was made available.

Looking forward to the trips to Huddersfield & Preston, COYB!
I've had a think on 08:04 - Jan 18 with 735 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 08:02 - Jan 18 by BlueAllOver

Although last night was awful, there are still lots of mitigating factors for Mick if you take the emotion out of it, which realise is a tricky thing to do.

We have won 2 from last 3 league games, unfortunate not to make it 3 from 3 as played well at QPR also. Generally the view has been that we have played better in those games.

Injuries are playing a massive part in things, Webster being injured was a big blow ahead of last night, is that now 8 who would probably be regular starters or being playing a
big part from the bench.

That to cope with added to the fact that his best players kept being sold and not replaced adequately enough.

Bru & Dozzell struggled in the first game so he changes things around, yes it didnt work but you can see the reasoning behind it. One of his most reliable players

Can he turn it around due to the poison, possibly not - but he should be given to the end of season at least. After so many injuries the squad is clearly not good enough, and that would be the same for the new man coming in, unless suddenly the budget was made available.

I'd love him to turn out round as I still think he's the best man for no budget

But he won't. It just ain't gonna happen.

Too much has happened

I've had a think on 08:05 - Jan 18 with 727 viewsmikeybloo88

It's the manner of defeat which galls. If we'd peppered them, hit the post 5 times, and lost in the last minute, I'd have torn my hair out but could forgive and forget and move on. But that performance, and the home game, was pretty unforgivable.
I've had a think on 08:05 - Jan 18 with 726 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 08:01 - Jan 18 by Johnhoz

Don't forget Rotherham

Ahhhh. That's a good point Rommers. Preston is a week on Saturday. I'd almost forgotten

Rotherhams near the end of the season and I think I was only gonna do fulham and forest near the end but I might do Rotherham as who knows when we will play them again.

They are going down so I might be tempted in the trip.

I've had a think on 08:07 - Jan 18 with 703 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 08:05 - Jan 18 by mikeybloo88

It's the manner of defeat which galls. If we'd peppered them, hit the post 5 times, and lost in the last minute, I'd have torn my hair out but could forgive and forget and move on. But that performance, and the home game, was pretty unforgivable.

Exactly

Two shots on target. Both from outside the box. Both straight at the keeper

I've had a think on 08:08 - Jan 18 with 684 viewsmikeybloo88

big part from the bench.

But why are decent players struggling? Why do players get worse under Mick? That is the nub of the problem. A good manager could devise a style and system for them to flourish and be motivated to perform....see Chelsea for example
Login to get fewer ads

I've had a think on 08:18 - Jan 18 with 642 viewsPinewoodblue

big part from the bench.

A new manager needs time to assess the players inherited. You don't know what you need until you appreciate what you have. Giving Mick to the end of the season would be a big mistake.

Mick isn't going to walk away, the sooner he is shown the door the better.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I've had a think on 08:29 - Jan 18 with 608 viewsdirtyboy

I'm with you Romford. I'm a patient man and can see there's issues that aren't just Mick's fault, but still, that's a non-league side (albeit only for this season it appears) and we should be beating them over two matches.

I'd have even accepted defeat if we'd battered them and they'd resolutely defended and hit us at the end with that goal, but alas it was nothing short of a disappointment.

They pressed us hard, so with second tier players, why can't we play the ball short and in tight spaces and just move them around? I'm baffled by the whole thing.

I've said it on another thread, but I suspect the Cowley Bros would be welcome here to take over McCarthy! Just the way they came on after half time, professional looking, composed, everthing about how Lincoln were set up looks briliant. Fair play to them.

Sad to say it, but McCarthy can't last. Not on that performance. Players have to take some blame of course.

I thought Chambers, Emmanuel, Lawrence and Digby did okay given how poor everything around them was. Skuse was horrifc and I've never seen him play that badly.

It's a huge risk changing, but I think it's time.
I've had a think on 08:35 - Jan 18 with 585 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 08:29 - Jan 18 by dirtyboy

I'm with you Romford. I'm a patient man and can see there's issues that aren't just Mick's fault, but still, that's a non-league side (albeit only for this season it appears) and we should be beating them over two matches.

I'd have even accepted defeat if we'd battered them and they'd resolutely defended and hit us at the end with that goal, but alas it was nothing short of a disappointment.

They pressed us hard, so with second tier players, why can't we play the ball short and in tight spaces and just move them around? I'm baffled by the whole thing.

I've said it on another thread, but I suspect the Cowley Bros would be welcome here to take over McCarthy! Just the way they came on after half time, professional looking, composed, everthing about how Lincoln were set up looks briliant. Fair play to them.

Sad to say it, but McCarthy can't last. Not on that performance. Players have to take some blame of course.

I thought Chambers, Emmanuel, Lawrence and Digby did okay given how poor everything around them was. Skuse was horrifc and I've never seen him play that badly.

It's a huge risk changing, but I think it's time.

I thought chambers, Digby, Emmanuel and Gerken were the only ones who weren't poor

I've had a think on 08:38 - Jan 18 with 573 viewsdirtyboy

I've had a think on 08:35 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought chambers, Digby, Emmanuel and Gerken were the only ones who weren't poor

I wasn't clear, but I agree with that, but add Lawrence who (and to be fair like Ward) had the square root of f**k all to work with.

Didn't mention Gerks but he did a job.
I've had a think on 08:44 - Jan 18 with 545 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 08:38 - Jan 18 by dirtyboy

I wasn't clear, but I agree with that, but add Lawrence who (and to be fair like Ward) had the square root of f**k all to work with.

Didn't mention Gerks but he did a job.

Gerks save 1st half was superb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024