Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've had a think 05:46 - Jan 18 with 2804 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And it's time.

He's not gonna turn it round. If even after a good performance like Saturday, he can't get the lads to even perform with some pride just a few days later and allow us to get humiliated with 2(?) shots in the whole game, it's time to go. As people know, I think Evans is the main issue but losing to Lincoln in that manner (over 180 minutes no less) is simply unacceptable.

I though Saturday was a turning point. I really did. But yet again it was a false dawn. Unlucky with injuries? Yep. Made some good signings? Yep. Done it on a ridiculous budget? Yep. Gave me my best ever season as an Ipswich fan? Yep. Gave us a team who seemed to have pride in the shirt? Yep. Brought the fans, players and management together as one? Yep.

But now its sadly time to go Mick.

I really hope it's amicable. If it has to be at the end of the season, so be it.

You're a good guy imo and tried your best throughout but for your sake and ours, let's call it a day before it gets even more toxic. *

* I feel quite sad writing this actually. Perhaps because I knew I was one of his biggest supporters on here.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I've had a think on 06:02 - Jan 18 with 1994 viewsBenters

Fair play Rommers .

That playoff season was a blast man .

You are a good egg,and you are allowed to have a change of heart.

Chin up ba.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I've had a think on 06:16 - Jan 18 with 1960 viewsKeaneish

I'm in the same boat as you other than the reference to "best ever season". They're saved for Burley and Royle. Like you I felt we'd turned the corner a little and even if we have but will still be a little inconsistent, that performance was humiliating. I feel humiliated, more so than 9-0 to United, the 7-1 to Peterborough or the 5-1 to Reading. This is an embarrassment of the highest order. Not the result but the performance. There was so much wrong with last night it's unfathomable to understand how professional footballer at that level could play like that. It was reminiscent of the side Burley inherited.

Berra set the tone with his first ten minutes and never recovered.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I've had a think on 06:19 - Jan 18 with 1949 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 06:02 - Jan 18 by Benters

Fair play Rommers .

That playoff season was a blast man .

You are a good egg,and you are allowed to have a change of heart.

Chin up ba.

I'm sad it's got to this

I expect in a years time for a lot of us to be saying 'Sh1t this is worse than under mick'. But we have to make the change or there'll be 10000 there next season. And it's harder to get fans back than keep them.

Just look at Cardiff. Great season last year but still only half full stadium every week. 2 years before that they were selling the ground out most games.

I do feel genuinely sad at how it's become.

I hope mick and TC remember the good times here and I hope our fans do too.

I've had a think on 06:21 - Jan 18 with 1931 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 06:16 - Jan 18 by Keaneish

I'm in the same boat as you other than the reference to "best ever season". They're saved for Burley and Royle. Like you I felt we'd turned the corner a little and even if we have but will still be a little inconsistent, that performance was humiliating. I feel humiliated, more so than 9-0 to United, the 7-1 to Peterborough or the 5-1 to Reading. This is an embarrassment of the highest order. Not the result but the performance. There was so much wrong with last night it's unfathomable to understand how professional footballer at that level could play like that. It was reminiscent of the side Burley inherited.

Berra set the tone with his first ten minutes and never recovered.

Exactly this

Most embarrassed I've been as a town fan after a game.

I'm the only Ipswich fan I know round here so I've had old college friends, school mates, family etc all messaging laughing their heads off

And the absolute worst thing is that we were the worse side by a mile - in both games too.

But yesterday was just a disgrace.

Worst performance I've ever seen

I've had a think on 06:27 - Jan 18 with 1903 viewsbrogansnose

I've had a think on 06:21 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly this

Most embarrassed I've been as a town fan after a game.

I'm the only Ipswich fan I know round here so I've had old college friends, school mates, family etc all messaging laughing their heads off

And the absolute worst thing is that we were the worse side by a mile - in both games too.

But yesterday was just a disgrace.

Worst performance I've ever seen

I can take defeat Rommy, God knows I seen enough of it , but its the nature of the defeat. I'm going to have go into work today and when the stick starts lump some schmuck.
I've had a think on 06:30 - Jan 18 with 1880 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 06:27 - Jan 18 by brogansnose

I can take defeat Rommy, God knows I seen enough of it , but its the nature of the defeat. I'm going to have go into work today and when the stick starts lump some schmuck.

The way we lost was absolutely soul destroying

Know how ya feel. Everyone's crawling out the woodwork to have a pop in my phone contacts it seems

I've had a think on 06:31 - Jan 18 with 1879 viewsSitfcB

I said last night it's like going through a break up with a girl that deep down you still love, still want it to work but the broken strings can't be fixed. Fair enough you've had great times together but it's probably best for both of you to break up and move on.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I've had a think on 06:32 - Jan 18 with 1863 viewsTIB

I'll be getting sh*t in the office today...so don't feel alone on that front. Even my Mum called last night who follows Town but probably hasn't watched us play for ten years and was questioning how we were that bad? BBC breakfast just referenced us as being "appalling". The whole country is laughing at us right now. I'm finally in the #MickOut camp.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

I've had a think on 06:35 - Jan 18 with 1843 viewsdavblue

Big turnaround in 3 days.

The balance of the team wasn't right, we don't have the players to play the way Mick wants, but the failure to pass/move test the keeper was shocking.

It's gone too far, I don't see him turning people back, so there's a whole negative feel around the club which isn't good.

It's a shame, but you saying you believed it was a turning point after 1 game was naive, we would need to see a run of games before we could call that.
I've had a think on 06:41 - Jan 18 with 1794 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 06:35 - Jan 18 by davblue

Big turnaround in 3 days.

The balance of the team wasn't right, we don't have the players to play the way Mick wants, but the failure to pass/move test the keeper was shocking.

It's gone too far, I don't see him turning people back, so there's a whole negative feel around the club which isn't good.

It's a shame, but you saying you believed it was a turning point after 1 game was naive, we would need to see a run of games before we could call that.

Perhaps it was naive. So shoot me.

But the atmosphere in the ground, the interview the day before, the performance and the fist pump gave the impression that we were gonna build bridges.

Unfortunately they burnt last night

I've had a think on 06:51 - Jan 18 with 1758 viewsWarkystache

I've had a think on 06:41 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

But the atmosphere in the ground, the interview the day before, the performance and the fist pump gave the impression that we were gonna build bridges.

I'm with you, Rommers. Albeit I'm angry as well

I hope that bloke in the US who didn't take Forest fancies another underachieving Championship club. We're perfect for him if he fancies a challenge. Can't see things changing under Evans. We'll always be the poor relations and we'll always try and do things on the cheap, with ready-made excuses when people question why we can't compete.

I REALLY think it's starting to be over for me. Sure, I'll always love the club. I just don't like it very much at the mo.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

I've had a think on 07:03 - Jan 18 with 1722 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 06:51 - Jan 18 by Warkystache

I'm with you, Rommers. Albeit I'm angry as well

I hope that bloke in the US who didn't take Forest fancies another underachieving Championship club. We're perfect for him if he fancies a challenge. Can't see things changing under Evans. We'll always be the poor relations and we'll always try and do things on the cheap, with ready-made excuses when people question why we can't compete.

I REALLY think it's starting to be over for me. Sure, I'll always love the club. I just don't like it very much at the mo.

The worst bit of all is I believe that there is no manager in the world that would get us promoted with Evans as the owner unless he ups his investment..

How sad is that Warky

I've had a think on 07:36 - Jan 18 with 1602 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Realistically what are we hoping for this season now?

For me, a win at scum and maybe finish above them with some great away days thrown in

I've had a think on 07:48 - Jan 18 with 1534 viewsBenters

I've had a think on 06:32 - Jan 18 by TIB

I'll be getting sh*t in the office today...so don't feel alone on that front. Even my Mum called last night who follows Town but probably hasn't watched us play for ten years and was questioning how we were that bad? BBC breakfast just referenced us as being "appalling". The whole country is laughing at us right now. I'm finally in the #MickOut camp.

I havent phoned my mum this morn,i always do just to make sure she is ok,but no doubt she will rile me up,she always does a fav of hers is to say after a away game ive been to all that effort to watch that rubbish.When town have won she is as amazed as me .

My young cat seemed to have enjoyed watching it though ?

My good lady was convinced they would lose last night .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I've had a think on 07:49 - Jan 18 with 1519 viewspatrickswell

I've had a think on 06:41 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

The thing is the players have it all to do on Saturday at Huddersfield. Chambers came out and spoke candidly last week and everyone responded. Then they put in a performance like that. How can the fans believe in them after that?
I've had a think on 07:51 - Jan 18 with 1492 viewsElderGrizzly

I've had a think on 06:19 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm sad it's got to this

I expect in a years time for a lot of us to be saying 'Sh1t this is worse than under mick'. But we have to make the change or there'll be 10000 there next season. And it's harder to get fans back than keep them.

Just look at Cardiff. Great season last year but still only half full stadium every week. 2 years before that they were selling the ground out most games.

I do feel genuinely sad at how it's become.

I hope mick and TC remember the good times here and I hope our fans do too.

Cardiff? They finished below us last season?
I've had a think on 07:51 - Jan 18 with 1486 viewsJohnhoz

It's sad when it gets to this, Rommers. I felt terrible when this happened to Burley. I'd been to the San Siro to see my team and seen us travel all over the country winning games, but it got to the point where change was needed.

I'm grateful to Mick for what he did he his first couple of years. There are some fantastic memories, but he looked beaten last night. I just worry about the future. The squad needs investment and these players will be on their arses after last night.

This may sound a bit odd, but I'm quite looking forward to going to Huddersfield on Saturday. I feel, more than normal, that I need to be there with them right now.

Thanks to Mick and Terry, but it's time to move on

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

I've had a think on 07:53 - Jan 18 with 1464 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 07:51 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Cardiff? They finished below us last season?

They struggled at the end but for a long while they thought they were gonna get 6th

They were only an example anyway about teams who have lost fans and struggle bringing them back

I've had a think on 07:53 - Jan 18 with 1466 viewsHerbivore

I'd probably still give it to the end of the season, getting rid now gives a new manager no time to do anything in the transfer window and leaves us with a very thin squad. I don't see Mick taking us down or even really being close to it, but a new manager is a risk and could take us closer to trouble and we really don't need that with the lack of strong characters in the squad. Let him go after the last game and give a new manager a full summer to work with the squad and bring in his own players and staff. To be honest, though, we could do worse than shift Mick upstairs to oversee the football side of the club that Milne and ME have no clue about and bring in a young coach who will play more expensively and develop the youngsters. We'll struggle to find someone who can be both a progressive coach and have the nous and knowledge to oversee the whole footballing side of the club as Mick does.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've had a think on 07:54 - Jan 18 with 1454 viewsJohnhoz

I've had a think on 06:31 - Jan 18 by SitfcB

I said last night it's like going through a break up with a girl that deep down you still love, still want it to work but the broken strings can't be fixed. Fair enough you've had great times together but it's probably best for both of you to break up and move on.

This is exactly how I feel

I've had a think on 07:55 - Jan 18 with 1432 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 07:51 - Jan 18 by Johnhoz

It's sad when it gets to this, Rommers. I felt terrible when this happened to Burley. I'd been to the San Siro to see my team and seen us travel all over the country winning games, but it got to the point where change was needed.

I'm grateful to Mick for what he did he his first couple of years. There are some fantastic memories, but he looked beaten last night. I just worry about the future. The squad needs investment and these players will be on their arses after last night.

This may sound a bit odd, but I'm quite looking forward to going to Huddersfield on Saturday. I feel, more than normal, that I need to be there with them right now.

Thanks to Mick and Terry, but it's time to move on

Yeah it is just a sad situation

For the record, I'd have also gone Huddersfield Saturday but the trains were expensive compared to normal

I've had a think on 07:56 - Jan 18 with 1417 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 07:53 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

I'd probably still give it to the end of the season, getting rid now gives a new manager no time to do anything in the transfer window and leaves us with a very thin squad. I don't see Mick taking us down or even really being close to it, but a new manager is a risk and could take us closer to trouble and we really don't need that with the lack of strong characters in the squad. Let him go after the last game and give a new manager a full summer to work with the squad and bring in his own players and staff. To be honest, though, we could do worse than shift Mick upstairs to oversee the football side of the club that Milne and ME have no clue about and bring in a young coach who will play more expensively and develop the youngsters. We'll struggle to find someone who can be both a progressive coach and have the nous and knowledge to oversee the whole footballing side of the club as Mick does.

I think we will decline after mick goes.

But the atmosphere won't be as toxic. I feel it's best for everyone if mick goes. For his sake also.

But I agree in that he won't take us down.

I've had a think on 07:56 - Jan 18 with 1401 viewsElderGrizzly

I've had a think on 07:53 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

They struggled at the end but for a long while they thought they were gonna get 6th

They were only an example anyway about teams who have lost fans and struggle bringing them back

And they had huge parachute payments. They should have done....

A club destroyed by poor ownership ironically
I've had a think on 07:57 - Jan 18 with 1381 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've had a think on 07:56 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

And they had huge parachute payments. They should have done....

A club destroyed by poor ownership ironically

The point is that a bad run for a well supported team can have dire consequences and the fans lost sometimes never come back.

If we go to league 1, we'd have 10k for most games

I've had a think on 07:57 - Jan 18 with 1373 viewsJohnhoz

I've had a think on 07:55 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah it is just a sad situation

For the record, I'd have also gone Huddersfield Saturday but the trains were expensive compared to normal

Fair play. I live in Leeds mate, so it's like a home game for me. Dead easy to get to

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024