Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... 06:34 - Jan 18 with 6617 viewsKeaneish

It's etched in my memory. I posted this last night but I'm still in disbelief this morning and I can't stop thinking about it. On 80 minutes last night, Douglas did this..

...had a touch on a loose ball that dropped from defence, turns in 10 yards of space and instead of knocking a simple ball forward 15 yards to a blue shirt with pace, he launches it 50 yards back to the Lincoln back four.

For anyone who's ever had the ability or the pleasure to play the game at any level, you'll know, as a midfielder this goes against every natural instinct you have as a footballer in that position. It just feels wrong. It's not football. Why Douglas? I can't forgive you for this. You should never play in our shirt again. It beggars belief that this was the decision making of a professional footballer on National television in the greatest domestic cup competition on the planet...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 1981 viewsSwailsey

As others have said, it seems to odd to single out Douglas here.

He was anonymous, which isn't great, but you can argue isn't any worse than the players who stood out for the wrong reasons.

Berra had an absolutely shocking game, Knudsen was dreadful - his throw to literally no-one or his other throw back into his own half (after we had our CBs up in their box for a long throw) were both ridiculous.

Best didn't seem interested at all, Ward couldn't get on the ball (not completely his fault) and Skuse played some poor passes.

Gerken had a good game and seemed passionate, Chambers was solid (especially given he is now playing LCB!!), Emmanuel doesn't seem to comfortable on the ball but has confidence, Digby was pretty good and Lawrence tried to be positive (but was out muscled easily).

It was just so, so poor.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 10:47]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 10:46 - Jan 18 with 1981 viewsJ2BLUE

There was one moment when he was on the right centre of the pitch with the ball, he turned and couldn't have missed the Town player in space running forwards on the left...instead he turned round, passed it back to Knudsen who smacked it downfield.

Just a moment which stuck in my mind. Nothing personal in Douglas' direction but he needs to be dropped for good. He's not the only problem though. The entire team seems to have zero confidence. Emmanuel, Gerken and Lawrence aside we were dire. Best actually had the nerve to look annoyed at being subbed. I didn't see Mark Fish's 45 minute for us but can't imagine Best's game was much better.

MM needs to go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 1968 viewsflimflam

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 07:21 - Jan 18 by Yallop

There were a few experts on here pre match very forcefully justifying Douglas's selection saying he's what we missed from the home match. Absolutely deluded.

MM should have moved on from him 2 months ago after his dreadful performances. The young lad we sent back to Everton should've been given a decent run. He could put his foot on the ball and pick a pass.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 7:25]

Yep agree with that, the games Grant played I thought he looked decent

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 1948 viewsLankHenners

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 10:46 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

There was one moment when he was on the right centre of the pitch with the ball, he turned and couldn't have missed the Town player in space running forwards on the left...instead he turned round, passed it back to Knudsen who smacked it downfield.

Just a moment which stuck in my mind. Nothing personal in Douglas' direction but he needs to be dropped for good. He's not the only problem though. The entire team seems to have zero confidence. Emmanuel, Gerken and Lawrence aside we were dire. Best actually had the nerve to look annoyed at being subbed. I didn't see Mark Fish's 45 minute for us but can't imagine Best's game was much better.

MM needs to go.

Good spot - I noticed that at the time and thought "wtf are you doing that for?".

With Lincoln pressing like they were, we needed to move the ball quickly to stretch them and attack the space. Instead we just looked backwards for a directionless punt forwards. It was McCarthy football at its worst.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 11:00 - Jan 18 with 1938 viewstheipswichman

Did any one see Skuse do a similar thing? Had the ball in midfield, easy pass out wide into knudsens path so he could bomb into Lincolns half. He turned around tried to play a high ball into best and kicked it out of play. That midfield got outdone by a non league side, and we had 3 players vs 2
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 11:08 - Jan 18 with 1895 viewshype313

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 09:46 - Jan 18 by monytowbray

Douglas is the new bar of worst player I've seen in a Town shirt. Had a brief few games he was alright mid last season but since then he's been a joke.

I was literally in hysterics at him last night. It was so bad it was funny. That attempt at a shot he has was like a 4 year old trying to kick a full sized football. There was a moment in the second half where he was marking someone in the box, his player went down on the floor and he just fell over them like a clumsy oaf.

Worse than Reo Coker?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 1868 viewsOsborneOneNil

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 07:42 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't think it's fair choosing Douglas here

He was no better or worse than Skuse, ward, Berra or Best

Agreed. Skuse....hide n seek champion 2016/17,
His performance last night... on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 1846 viewsunstableblue

WAS ABJECT!

no energy, no fight, no class, no pace, no vision.... Bru not perfect, but really Mick, really?!

Mick has to go.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 11:34 - Jan 18 with 1799 viewsDolly2.0

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 09:46 - Jan 18 by monytowbray

Douglas is the new bar of worst player I've seen in a Town shirt. Had a brief few games he was alright mid last season but since then he's been a joke.

I was literally in hysterics at him last night. It was so bad it was funny. That attempt at a shot he has was like a 4 year old trying to kick a full sized football. There was a moment in the second half where he was marking someone in the box, his player went down on the floor and he just fell over them like a clumsy oaf.

Great description for that shot.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 11:48 - Jan 18 with 1755 viewsurbanblue

I couldn't watch the game last night but having read this thread I think I want to find it somewhere and see it ..... Sounds hilarious!
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 12:15 - Jan 18 with 1706 viewsRobTheMonk

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 11:48 - Jan 18 by urbanblue

I couldn't watch the game last night but having read this thread I think I want to find it somewhere and see it ..... Sounds hilarious!

I know the exact moment that the original poster is describing. You'd be annoyed if you saw an under 14 player do what he did. It was so bad it was funny. We cleared the ball, he brings it down, pass on / space to run into, nope, hoof. And the thing is, it's not strategic hoof into the channels where Sears could chase and harry, it was just a panic hoof.
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 12:23 - Jan 18 with 1681 viewsLightningboy

...and I bet Mick was thinking "Great ball".
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 12:37 - Jan 18 with 1643 viewsMillsey

You are right with this but he still played better than the others
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 12:37 - Jan 18 with 1643 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 11:48 - Jan 18 by urbanblue

It was actually pretty infuriating. I had to have a Muller Light and a few hands of Blackjack to calm me down.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 12:39 - Jan 18 with 1627 viewstheblueginger

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 07:49 - Jan 18 by Binner

In criticising last night's team performances it's a bit unfair to single out Douglas. He was no worse than several of his team-mates.

Of those who started the game, Gerken, Lawrence, Emmanuel and Knudsen were, for me, less bad than the others; and I would not criticise Digby playing only his second game.

Agree. I thought Ward was as poor as I have seen him too. Chambers looked far more comfortable in that formation than Berra/Knudsen did as well.
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 17:21 - Jan 18 with 1495 viewsWickets

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 07:49 - Jan 18 by Binner

In criticising last night's team performances it's a bit unfair to single out Douglas. He was no worse than several of his team-mates.

Of those who started the game, Gerken, Lawrence, Emmanuel and Knudsen were, for me, less bad than the others; and I would not criticise Digby playing only his second game.

Sorry but he is always terrible, the others are usually ok!
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 17:25 - Jan 18 with 1489 viewsRadlett_blue

did Douglas shout "have it" just after he launched the ball?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 17:45 - Jan 18 with 1473 viewsmanchego

My favourite phrase of the thread is panic hoof.
That's us that is.
What is funny now is that mm has to pick a team for the next game.
Sorry boss I'm injured
Me too
And me
Err yeah...
I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 1402 viewsGeoffSentence

I can't get over what I saw from Douglas last night... on 10:21 - Jan 18 by Yallop

Harbey I'll give you but Woods could hold the ball up and had a half decent record. Donowa again was far more use than Douglas

I'll give you Donowa, but Woods was cack.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024