Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? 06:51 - Jan 18 with 1430 viewsITFC_Forever

The only ones to perhaps top it are the Man U 0-9 (1995) and the 1-4 away to Bolton (2002).

Cup defeat to Wrexham is up there to, but at least we managed a goal.
1-5 to Norwich at home, 0-6 v Liverpool at home.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:13 - Jan 18 with 1366 viewsBluefish

In this day and age a cup defeat ranks slightly worse than a pretty season friendly. It was sh*ts but the reaction is OTT. I was more gutted about QPR and more angry by many games, mainly diabolical home performances such as Rotherham last season

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:26 - Jan 18 with 1320 viewsSteve_M

Losing 5-2 at home to Southampton and 7-1 at Peterborough in a week was not a highlight of supporting Town.

It's most comparable to Wrexham isn't it really? A three division gap and a very clear defeat despite the one goal margin.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:28 - Jan 18 with 1304 viewsYallop

Unfortunately I think it's up there. We'll never live down that Lincoln are non league muck.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 7:35]
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:30 - Jan 18 with 1276 viewsBluefish

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:28 - Jan 18 by Yallop

Unfortunately I think it's up there. We'll never live down that Lincoln are non league muck.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 7:35]

We'll never live it down? Really? We get knocked out of the cup every year and many years to lower league sides. It will be soon forgotten except you those that only ever see us on tv

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:32 - Jan 18 with 1247 viewsWickwar_Blue

Last night was like watching 11 Mark Fish vs QPR performances......
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:34 - Jan 18 with 1226 viewsYallop

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:30 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

We'll never live it down? Really? We get knocked out of the cup every year and many years to lower league sides. It will be soon forgotten except you those that only ever see us on tv

People remember Sutton Utd for one reason. A championship side losing to a non league is a big deal and will be mentioned. That goal will be shown regularly in future years FA Cups when non league clubs are involved.
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:36 - Jan 18 with 1198 viewsJohnny_Boy

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:26 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

Losing 5-2 at home to Southampton and 7-1 at Peterborough in a week was not a highlight of supporting Town.

It's most comparable to Wrexham isn't it really? A three division gap and a very clear defeat despite the one goal margin.

We at least managed 3 shots against Posh!
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:43 - Jan 18 with 1145 viewsBluefish

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:34 - Jan 18 by Yallop

People remember Sutton Utd for one reason. A championship side losing to a non league is a big deal and will be mentioned. That goal will be shown regularly in future years FA Cups when non league clubs are involved.

So what if it does. We would have moved on by then. Every single team in the land has had a cup upset, it happens. SAF had loads, they were the reason to panic. It is just because it isn't a one off to play that, it is not because of last night. Beating or losing to norwich next month will make last night forgotten. Beating Huddersfield at the weekend would do it largely as well.

Login to get fewer ads

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:52 - Jan 18 with 1085 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:43 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

So what if it does. We would have moved on by then. Every single team in the land has had a cup upset, it happens. SAF had loads, they were the reason to panic. It is just because it isn't a one off to play that, it is not because of last night. Beating or losing to norwich next month will make last night forgotten. Beating Huddersfield at the weekend would do it largely as well.

you talk a lot of sense.

It WAS terrible but our season is so up and down. We've actually played way better in many of our last few games and then totally abysmally against Lincoln.

Can't explain it but for me it was not like when we lost 9-0 v Man Utd and leaving the stadium it was clear a total re-build was needed, and of course Burley did that. And helped massively by two brilliant kids (Wright and Dyer) coming through.

Can/should MM do the re-build needed this time (clear out of Douglas, Berra, Didz etc) and bring in youngsters? I feel he is already doing it, bringing in the kids: at times well (e.g. Saturday), at times awfully.

If trusted he needs another 18 months to bed the kids in properly, plus get a few new experienced pro's. If not, then clearly he needs to go, BUT only with a great replacement. Which might mean waiting till the summer.
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:55 - Jan 18 with 1077 viewsHerbivore

People will barely remember it in 6 months let alone in years to come. It was embarrassing but the world hasn't just ended.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 08:01 - Jan 18 with 1032 viewsBluefish

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:52 - Jan 18 by CBMTOBWMMBG

you talk a lot of sense.

It WAS terrible but our season is so up and down. We've actually played way better in many of our last few games and then totally abysmally against Lincoln.

Can't explain it but for me it was not like when we lost 9-0 v Man Utd and leaving the stadium it was clear a total re-build was needed, and of course Burley did that. And helped massively by two brilliant kids (Wright and Dyer) coming through.

Can/should MM do the re-build needed this time (clear out of Douglas, Berra, Didz etc) and bring in youngsters? I feel he is already doing it, bringing in the kids: at times well (e.g. Saturday), at times awfully.

If trusted he needs another 18 months to bed the kids in properly, plus get a few new experienced pro's. If not, then clearly he needs to go, BUT only with a great replacement. Which might mean waiting till the summer.

Thanks. I posted this last night in response to another thread

Some were getting a bit upset but it was an empty feeling more than anger. I struggle to care about the FA Cup and everyone struggled to get excited by the match, we were poor. The support at the start was good but it dwindled.

Didn't see any problems with Chambers or gerken but I left as soon as the whistle went. I thought Chambers was one of our few that did OK and you can see he cares.

We are in a mess here. We need to spend money but a new bloke will need time to assess the squad, we haven't got enough to go crazy. Too many have turned on mick to come back from but I think the end of the season is a better time to part company.

Who the hell replaces mick? I wouldn't want some out of work job carousel manager and I really don't think Marcus or milne have the knowhow to find a real up and coming gem.

We replaced Jim with a tool that tried a project and his ego near took us down. We then went for the easy replacement from the merry go round and got and the initial high before almost going down again. We can't afford to get this wrong. Mick will keep us up this season but if that is all he is here for should he get the funds to spend in January?

I think we will have a big signing this week to lift the gloom. The FA Cup will soon be forgotten about anyway, I get far more upset by league losses. I don't care if people are embarrassed because their mates saw us lose on the tele. We are real supporters and this is what happens with real supporters. We see ups and we see downs but we support.

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 08:08 - Jan 18 with 1002 viewsYallop

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:43 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

I'm not advocating panic I'm just answering the where does it rank question. Unfortunately losing to a non league is a big thing. We may get over it like you say with a win or two but every year when the pundits talk about cup shocks I suspect our loss and that goal will be shown along with the others.
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 08:17 - Jan 18 with 965 viewsITFC_Forever

Up to last night, I had never been so angry at a Town performance leaving the ground than the Bolton 1-4.
But last night may have trumped it.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 08:26 - Jan 18 with 929 viewsm14_blue

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 07:13 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

In this day and age a cup defeat ranks slightly worse than a pretty season friendly. It was sh*ts but the reaction is OTT. I was more gutted about QPR and more angry by many games, mainly diabolical home performances such as Rotherham last season

You may be right about its significance but you can't seriously say that losing 2-1 at QPR was more embarrassing than losing to non league opposition in front of millions on BBC1 prime time?
So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 08:28 - Jan 18 with 904 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Angriest and embarrassed I've ever been as a town supporter

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So where does last night rank in terms of embarrassment? on 11:24 - Jan 18 with 760 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Plenty of embarrassing and humiliating defeats when Jewell was the manager.

One of them hasn't been mentioned as yet.

Abhorrent, disgusting performance against Burnley back in 2011/12 and 0-4 defeat. 0-4 which flattered us as it ought to have been more for them. The players looked totally disinterested. That was an insult to the ITFC shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024