Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is it 06:54 - Jan 18 with 1004 viewsLord_Lucan

I have never been so alienated from my club.

Had a PM from MadMouse earlier today and that got me thinking. Any older boys will know Mouse, he has blue blood but has given up with this shower of sh1te.

As for me, well what can I say. I'm not being melodramatic (well I probably am) but this team and these guys on the payroll have nothing in common with me. Like many other old farts I used to bump into proper players in the pub and have a good old chit chat with players that loved the club. Sensational players like Paul Mariner. Kevin Beattie, Frans Thyssen (sp) and the like. I've bunked off school to follow my team. I've slept on remote railway stations, I've even gone to prison for the feckers and what are they doing to me now??? Mick, I'm pretty sure you are a lovely bloke but it's not panning out is it. Walk away and let me have one final chance. Evans, feck right off please.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is it on 07:03 - Jan 18 with 928 viewsBenters

Fantastic stuff!

I could see it happening at Brentford when you walked past me at half time and said ive had enough of this sh1t im going to the pub .

Like you said enough is enough and a bloody good shake up is needed.

If we just keep trudging on,the season ticket sales this season are going to be very low.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

This is it on 07:04 - Jan 18 with 905 viewspowinswitch

Being a lovely bloke is irrelevant. It's the way he sets up that is the problem. McCarthy = play to not lose. When you then lose its not acceptable. Especially when the football is dross. You know, as do I, that with the odd reasonable performance, the last 14 months have generally been dross.

I recognise your other points. We are all passionate about the club. So are many of our former heroes. The current bunch are generally not as bothered. I genuinely think Chambers is and some others. But not Berra, not Douglas. Knudsen is a real trier but not good enough. Skuse is good enough but not a leader. Ward and Sears have had the flair trained out of them. The top players, your Dids, Bishops, Webster and Williams have been injured - sometimes often. We even buy them injured.

But the route cause of the abysmal performances and downward strategic direction of this club is the philosophy of our manager. Money is not the issue. We have been beaten by Lincoln city, Crawley, Portsmouth and Stevenage (twice) in recent seasons. Once is a shock, twice is terrible. 4 times is beyond a joke and beyond embarrassing. And all 4 clubs operate on a fraction of our budget. So money is not the issue.

Shocking, abysmal and woeful. Everything is.
This is it on 07:39 - Jan 18 with 761 viewsLord_Lucan

This is it on 07:04 - Jan 18 by powinswitch

Being a lovely bloke is irrelevant. It's the way he sets up that is the problem. McCarthy = play to not lose. When you then lose its not acceptable. Especially when the football is dross. You know, as do I, that with the odd reasonable performance, the last 14 months have generally been dross.

I recognise your other points. We are all passionate about the club. So are many of our former heroes. The current bunch are generally not as bothered. I genuinely think Chambers is and some others. But not Berra, not Douglas. Knudsen is a real trier but not good enough. Skuse is good enough but not a leader. Ward and Sears have had the flair trained out of them. The top players, your Dids, Bishops, Webster and Williams have been injured - sometimes often. We even buy them injured.

But the route cause of the abysmal performances and downward strategic direction of this club is the philosophy of our manager. Money is not the issue. We have been beaten by Lincoln city, Crawley, Portsmouth and Stevenage (twice) in recent seasons. Once is a shock, twice is terrible. 4 times is beyond a joke and beyond embarrassing. And all 4 clubs operate on a fraction of our budget. So money is not the issue.

Shocking, abysmal and woeful. Everything is.

Pretty much agree with all that. Chambers will grow old and think of us fondly, Berra will just look back at his time here as a job. Knudson I like, I'd have a beer with that man. I think he is better than what some think and he definitely gives it his all. Sears must go home and wonder what the feck is going on. Footballers have a limited shelf life and he has been destroyed. McGoldrick will never ever get over not being allowed to go to title winners Leicester. Douglass, Skuse, don't get me started. I really don't care a great deal if you are a crap player as long as you give it your best shot. If I was Knudson or Bart i would kick most of the rest of the team in the goolys

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

This is it on 07:47 - Jan 18 with 696 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This is it on 07:03 - Jan 18 by Benters

Fantastic stuff!

I could see it happening at Brentford when you walked past me at half time and said ive had enough of this sh1t im going to the pub .

If we just keep trudging on,the season ticket sales this season are going to be very low.

First half away at Bremtford we were the better team.

At half time many thought we'd come back and at least get a draw

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This is it on 07:54 - Jan 18 with 623 viewsLord_Lucan

This is it on 07:03 - Jan 18 by Benters

Fantastic stuff!

You know what bents? I'm supposed to be on holiday and I'm that annoyed that I can't sleep, I assume that the players are having a good old kip now though. I've spent most of today trying to find a pub with the game on, my Mrs thinks I'm nuts and do you know what? She's bloody right.

This is it on 07:59 - Jan 18 with 592 viewsJohnhoz

This is it on 07:54 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

You know what bents? I'm supposed to be on holiday and I'm that annoyed that I can't sleep, I assume that the players are having a good old kip now though. I've spent most of today trying to find a pub with the game on, my Mrs thinks I'm nuts and do you know what? She's bloody right.

It's an obsession. We can't help it.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024