Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been supporting town for 40 years. 07:01 - Jan 18 with 986 viewsashtonlad

Seen a lot of games...had time to think over night...and that is the worst ever.

I actually started getting really upset watching as was thinking back to the play off team v Barnsley and how we played and the players. We are a shadow of that club.

I know football has changed and the problem is not only MM but so complex but it is so upsetting to see this.

I love my horse racing and boxing and in those 2 sports Ipswich would be retired after last night.
Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:04 - Jan 18 with 947 viewsBenters

Sad times mate.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:05 - Jan 18 with 930 viewsoldbluestu

We retired the day we went into administration. I said then but more as a joke it would put us back 20 years (thanks Sheepshanks) i have a feeling that joke will be classed as a perfect prediction at this rate
Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:10 - Jan 18 with 885 viewsashtonlad

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:05 - Jan 18 by oldbluestu

We retired the day we went into administration. I said then but more as a joke it would put us back 20 years (thanks Sheepshanks) i have a feeling that joke will be classed as a perfect prediction at this rate

If you actually reflected in a calm manner and listed the causes and problems we face, it would be a very very long list. I would not know where to start.

I actually said to my wife after 6 mins of second half that I am pretty sure we have not put 3 passes together...one off my favourite games watching live was 3-0 at Crewe around 1998, Scowcroft hatrick, Dyer all over everyone, the defense was so strong...I just cant believe how different it all looks now
Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:17 - Jan 18 with 828 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:10 - Jan 18 by ashtonlad

If you actually reflected in a calm manner and listed the causes and problems we face, it would be a very very long list. I would not know where to start.

I actually said to my wife after 6 mins of second half that I am pretty sure we have not put 3 passes together...one off my favourite games watching live was 3-0 at Crewe around 1998, Scowcroft hatrick, Dyer all over everyone, the defense was so strong...I just cant believe how different it all looks now

The one small saving grace is that fans who rarely go to games and support from a distance got a chance to sample the kind of football we play. It's a bit like hearing about how bad the food is at a restaurant but never tasting it. Thousands of fans got a taste of our football and millions worldwide saw our football. It's a very public humiliation, but it can't be swept under the carpet like when we were beaten by Stevenage at home in the cup or our appalling performances against Pompey last season, which outdid this performance. This public humiliation may make the club actually do something about it.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:19 - Jan 18 with 807 viewsashtonlad

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:17 - Jan 18 by BrettenhamBlue

The one small saving grace is that fans who rarely go to games and support from a distance got a chance to sample the kind of football we play. It's a bit like hearing about how bad the food is at a restaurant but never tasting it. Thousands of fans got a taste of our football and millions worldwide saw our football. It's a very public humiliation, but it can't be swept under the carpet like when we were beaten by Stevenage at home in the cup or our appalling performances against Pompey last season, which outdid this performance. This public humiliation may make the club actually do something about it.

I agree...I hope to god that Evans, sits back and like most of us do in life sometimes and thinks right sod this we need to change things massively. I am not having that in his business he has not done a massive 180 over things and taken bold steps.
Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:20 - Jan 18 with 804 viewsSuperfrans

The shock at last night is that, for all the discussion about the way we have been playing over the past few months, we should still be able to overcome a non league side.

I will still maintain that, in the league, we have to compete with clubs on higher budgets, against expensively constructed teams and squads. But that wasn't the case last night. Last night we fielded a team of players on significant salaries, who have been bought and sold in the past for big fees in some cases and who are international footballers.

But we made none of the above count in our favour. On top of which we were largely second to the ball, allowed ourselves to be bullied, in some cases whined about non-fouls and showed we wanted it less than Lincoln. I never thought I would say that of a Mick side.

The question for me is whether ME will react to that last night. Will it be a penny dropping moment for him, when he sees such an abject performance for which there is no excuse or justification - and when he hears and reads the responses from media and football people, who may perhaps confirm nagging doubts that have been spinning round his mind increasingly over the last few months?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 7:22]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:23 - Jan 18 with 747 viewsashtonlad

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:20 - Jan 18 by Superfrans

The shock at last night is that, for all the discussion about the way we have been playing over the past few months, we should still be able to overcome a non league side.

I will still maintain that, in the league, we have to compete with clubs on higher budgets, against expensively constructed teams and squads. But that wasn't the case last night. Last night we fielded a team of players on significant salaries, who have been bought and sold in the past for big fees in some cases and who are international footballers.

But we made none of the above count in our favour. On top of which we were largely second to the ball, allowed ourselves to be bullied, in some cases whined about non-fouls and showed we wanted it less than Lincoln. I never thought I would say that of a Mick side.

The question for me is whether ME will react to that last night. Will it be a penny dropping moment for him, when he sees such an abject performance for which there is no excuse or justification - and when he hears and reads the responses from media and football people, who may perhaps confirm nagging doubts that have been spinning round his mind increasingly over the last few months?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 7:22]

I hope the penny does drop...I really do

My dad phoned at 10pm last night to take the mick...did not bother answering and went to bed
Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:25 - Jan 18 with 712 viewsBenters

Been supporting town for 40 years. on 07:17 - Jan 18 by BrettenhamBlue

That is a very good point and we live in hope .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024