Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM 08:45 - Jan 18 with 2514 viewsDeano69

Give valid reasons he should stay?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 08:49 - Jan 18 with 2097 viewspowinswitch

Try Herbivore. He is a McCarthy apologist. Totally blinkered too.
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:03 - Jan 18 with 2070 viewsGuthrum

Yes, there are valid reasons why perhaps he should stay. And not all of the blame lies at his door (the players last night showed no real individual initiative, or much spirit).

But, on balance, things have probably gone too far. Last night (and some of the wildly variable performances in the League) suggest that the team is in disarray. Constrained tho he is by budget restrictions and injuries, the setup and lack of motivation in the team were disastrous. The antagonism with fans is beyond the point of no return. Team, club and individual player morale is evidently at a low ebb.

Not sure there's a way out from here.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:08 - Jan 18 with 2032 viewshype313

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:03 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

Yes, there are valid reasons why perhaps he should stay. And not all of the blame lies at his door (the players last night showed no real individual initiative, or much spirit).

But, on balance, things have probably gone too far. Last night (and some of the wildly variable performances in the League) suggest that the team is in disarray. Constrained tho he is by budget restrictions and injuries, the setup and lack of motivation in the team were disastrous. The antagonism with fans is beyond the point of no return. Team, club and individual player morale is evidently at a low ebb.

Not sure there's a way out from here.

"And not all of the blame lies at his door (the players last night showed no real individual initiative, or much spirit). "

But isn't one of the key components the job of the Manager to instill spirit in his players? look at the difference in Chelsea, Mourinho had obviously lost the dressing room and the turnaround with Conte in charge is noticeable. The players here show no sight of fight, it's all so lethargic.

FWIW I don't think Mick is the main issue here, there are wider problems at the club from top to bottom. Getting rid of Mick might help in the short term, but whoever comes in will be working under the same constraints.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:36 - Jan 18 with 1966 viewsGuthrum

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:08 - Jan 18 by hype313

"And not all of the blame lies at his door (the players last night showed no real individual initiative, or much spirit). "

But isn't one of the key components the job of the Manager to instill spirit in his players? look at the difference in Chelsea, Mourinho had obviously lost the dressing room and the turnaround with Conte in charge is noticeable. The players here show no sight of fight, it's all so lethargic.

FWIW I don't think Mick is the main issue here, there are wider problems at the club from top to bottom. Getting rid of Mick might help in the short term, but whoever comes in will be working under the same constraints.

Yes, it is. And that's precisely what he did in the final months of 2012, but can't seem to now, most of the time.

But I'm also making the same point as your last paragraph.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:38 - Jan 18 with 1948 viewsSwansea_Blue

A reason he should stay: I've zero confidence in ME appointing anyone who can do a better job.

It's not really a valid one though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:39 - Jan 18 with 1928 viewsGunnsAirkick

Not really, I don't think he deserves the levels of abuse he gets but I think he showed he didn't take the game seriously with that lineup yesterday.

O.K. they still should have won but five defenders and two holding midfielders against Non-League opposition is taking a p**s a bit I'd say (especially as our season is now over).
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:39 - Jan 18 with 1928 viewschicoazul

As long as Alan Pardew is not in a job I am praying we dont sack Mick.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:51 - Jan 18 with 1830 viewsfabian_illness

I still think he's the right man for the job.
It needs a shake up but I think it would be a mistake to part with MM.
Part of the problem is the budget constraints, the core of the team will never be displaced by out of contract 6 monthers or £10k punts.
The players are comfortable, they are complacent and only need to put in 75% effort to retain their position.
The trouble is the gap to the top of the championship will grow year on year, the figures mentioned for players is nothing but laughable but something needs to happen to rebuild the core of the squad.

It's too easy to make sweeping statements and say everything is s**t, that won't solve anything.
Login to get fewer ads

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:08 - Jan 18 with 1735 viewsDeano69

Thanks to all for responding. For me personally I can't find any reason amongst this to justify his appointment. I am certainly not someone who calls for managers head just for a couple of bad results, but this is 18 months of dross, zero progress and no real indication the future will have anything more than 'the same'.

Maybe his autobiography will tell a different story, but the buck must stop with him.

I hear all the, not unreasonable, suggestions it the owner, the players, injuries, lack of funds but seriously last night was the perfect example of where we are. Clearly no one was up for the game from an Ipswich point of view (other than the ever hopeful fans) certainly but if that squad doesn't have the capability of beating a non league side then the manager really does need to be accountable, as it was the only chance for a bit of success this season.

Not sure any of those town players want last nights defeat in their cv, nor MM cone to that.

What a bloody mess.

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:09 - Jan 18 with 1720 viewsStiffler

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:08 - Jan 18 by Deano69

Thanks to all for responding. For me personally I can't find any reason amongst this to justify his appointment. I am certainly not someone who calls for managers head just for a couple of bad results, but this is 18 months of dross, zero progress and no real indication the future will have anything more than 'the same'.

Maybe his autobiography will tell a different story, but the buck must stop with him.

I hear all the, not unreasonable, suggestions it the owner, the players, injuries, lack of funds but seriously last night was the perfect example of where we are. Clearly no one was up for the game from an Ipswich point of view (other than the ever hopeful fans) certainly but if that squad doesn't have the capability of beating a non league side then the manager really does need to be accountable, as it was the only chance for a bit of success this season.

Not sure any of those town players want last nights defeat in their cv, nor MM cone to that.

What a bloody mess.

Experienced manager who will turn it around

Keep the faith pant wetters
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:12 - Jan 18 with 1706 viewsDeano69

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:09 - Jan 18 by Stiffler

Experienced manager who will turn it around

Keep the faith pant wetters

How, is the question I have for you.

I am certainly not in the wet pants brigade, I just cannot find a reason to continue to back him.

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:14 - Jan 18 with 1686 viewsStiffler

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:12 - Jan 18 by Deano69

How, is the question I have for you.

I am certainly not in the wet pants brigade, I just cannot find a reason to continue to back him.

Teams have good runs and bad everyone needs to chill and let Mick work his magic
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:17 - Jan 18 with 1671 viewsDeano69

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:14 - Jan 18 by Stiffler

Teams have good runs and bad everyone needs to chill and let Mick work his magic

Ahh, magic as in Santa and the tooth fairy. I am convinced, Phew.

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:20 - Jan 18 with 1634 viewsStiffler

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:17 - Jan 18 by Deano69

Ahh, magic as in Santa and the tooth fairy. I am convinced, Phew.

I beg you happy clap don't nappy crap
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:23 - Jan 18 with 1609 viewsITFCBlues

Because we can't afford to get rid of him.

Plus it's hard to imagine another manager coming in and really doing much better under the current restraints

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:26 - Jan 18 with 1591 viewsWicklowBlue

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:51 - Jan 18 by fabian_illness

I still think he's the right man for the job.
It needs a shake up but I think it would be a mistake to part with MM.
Part of the problem is the budget constraints, the core of the team will never be displaced by out of contract 6 monthers or £10k punts.
The players are comfortable, they are complacent and only need to put in 75% effort to retain their position.
The trouble is the gap to the top of the championship will grow year on year, the figures mentioned for players is nothing but laughable but something needs to happen to rebuild the core of the squad.

It's too easy to make sweeping statements and say everything is s**t, that won't solve anything.

"The players are comfortable, they are complacent and only need to put in 75% effort to retain their position."

For me this is a key point. But without finances we cant shake that up.

I do think once you have lost the players you are screwed. But equally do we once again reinforce that and bring in another manager to end up in the same position again?
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:27 - Jan 18 with 1585 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:08 - Jan 18 by Deano69

What a bloody mess.

Why should the buck stop with Mick? He has no money to spend and has been performing miracles ever since he got here with a collection of kids, ageing players and any loan signings he can beg.
Mick is a decent man, I have never heard him criticise players in public and he does his best to keep his views on poor refereeing in check. The ref at Lincoln was a disgrace, pulling Ipswich up for infractions (correctly) but letting some appalling body-checking and fouls by Lincoln go.
Mick does not deserve the rubbish poured on his head by keyboard warriors such as Deano69, who professes to be a reasonable person but still comes out with sweeping generalities and bluff to justify another pile of opprobium.
What Mick and the team need is our support. Other commentators are right: sack Mick and the next man will have the same problems so long as Marcus Evans won't spend money.
As for Deano's assertion that Lincoln was the perfect example of where we are, we are not the first club to get turned over in a giantkilling and we won't be the last. It's not 'where we are' it's where we were on Tuesday night. The sun still came up on Wednesday morning, so get over it. And yourselves.
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:31 - Jan 18 with 1558 viewsSteve_M

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:27 - Jan 18 by Berkshire_Blue

Why should the buck stop with Mick? He has no money to spend and has been performing miracles ever since he got here with a collection of kids, ageing players and any loan signings he can beg.
Mick is a decent man, I have never heard him criticise players in public and he does his best to keep his views on poor refereeing in check. The ref at Lincoln was a disgrace, pulling Ipswich up for infractions (correctly) but letting some appalling body-checking and fouls by Lincoln go.
Mick does not deserve the rubbish poured on his head by keyboard warriors such as Deano69, who professes to be a reasonable person but still comes out with sweeping generalities and bluff to justify another pile of opprobium.
What Mick and the team need is our support. Other commentators are right: sack Mick and the next man will have the same problems so long as Marcus Evans won't spend money.
As for Deano's assertion that Lincoln was the perfect example of where we are, we are not the first club to get turned over in a giantkilling and we won't be the last. It's not 'where we are' it's where we were on Tuesday night. The sun still came up on Wednesday morning, so get over it. And yourselves.

No need for the ad hominem response to a perfectly valid and rational post by Deano.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:41 - Jan 18 with 1527 viewspennblue

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:31 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

No need for the ad hominem response to a perfectly valid and rational post by Deano.

Yeah

He ain't got no cash so the better players are fed up with underinvestment in the team. This has triggered a downward spiral, now the fans are on his back too.

The root cause of the problem is our faceless owner who is not investing enough into the club. We need a decent figurehead to run this football club, not some dodgy ticket tout.

Mick is a decent man, and one that has done a great job on a shoestring, just look at the table you donuts and see where Naarwich are, yes just 3 points above and they have spent millions..........

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:51 - Jan 18 with 1474 viewsDeano69

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:27 - Jan 18 by Berkshire_Blue

Wow. Speechless.

Never have I said I dislike or have no respect for MM. I am just struggling to defend his position here anymore. If you are happy and accepting last night and the past year or so I congratulate your resolve. I asked for opinions and appreciate your response, but still find nothing in your post (once I ignore the personal digs) that falters my sorry feelings towards our situation.

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:52 - Jan 18 with 1457 viewsDeano69

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:31 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

Appreciate your comments.

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:55 - Jan 18 with 1429 viewsDeano69

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 21:23 - Jan 18 by ITFCBlues

Because we can't afford to get rid of him.

Plus it's hard to imagine another manager coming in and really doing much better under the current restraints

Certainly the cost of sacking Mick is a factor. I don't believe we would get relegated under his management either so would struggle to argue 'we can't afford not to' either. Not sure if the dropping attendances have enough of a financial impact either. Cheers for your comments.

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 22:02 - Jan 18 with 1366 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 08:49 - Jan 18 by powinswitch

Bore off, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 22:07 - Jan 18 with 1327 viewsANNA3ROA

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:38 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

A reason he should stay: I've zero confidence in ME appointing anyone who can do a better job.

It's not really a valid one though.

Agree
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 22:09 - Jan 18 with 1308 viewsDarth_Koont

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 08:49 - Jan 18 by powinswitch

?

Do you just mean he doesn't agree with you? He's one of the least blinkered, most objective posters on here.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024