Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM 08:45 - Jan 18 with 2495 viewsDeano69

Give valid reasons he should stay?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 22:12 - Jan 18 with 379 viewsmonty_radio

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 09:39 - Jan 18 by GunnsAirkick

Not really, I don't think he deserves the levels of abuse he gets but I think he showed he didn't take the game seriously with that lineup yesterday.

O.K. they still should have won but five defenders and two holding midfielders against Non-League opposition is taking a p**s a bit I'd say (especially as our season is now over).

Did you not feel that Mick took the challenge seriously? I felt that it was an utterly seriously considered line-up. Repeat the 3 man defence that had brought success last time out; bring in the only big attacker currently available; stop the anticipated non-league charge by shoring up midfield with Douglas.

It's as near to a reversion to type as the current scenario allowed for. Not taking it seriously for Mick would have been if he'd gone with Sears in a front 2, and with Dozzell, Morris or any of the other available youth.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 22:19]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 22:15 - Jan 18 with 365 viewsHerbivore

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 22:09 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

?

Do you just mean he doesn't agree with you? He's one of the least blinkered, most objective posters on here.

I think he's chosen not to read the posts where I've said Mick should go at the end of the season. I'm not sure what this gentleman's issue is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there anyone on here still prepared to defend MM on 22:18 - Jan 18 with 356 viewsDarth_Koont

It's a tricky one. We've been in this largely below-par inconsistent form for a year now - with different players, formations and style of play having little effect.

Am I convinced he can turn that around or he's entirely comfortable with the more possession-based approach this season? No. But at the very least he's shown that he can do enough to keep us vaguely competitive.

The reward of a new manager is that it could be the right appointment and it could give the fans and players the lift to take us out of a rut. If it plays out that way, then great. But the risk is that a new manager can't keep us competitive while he implements his vision and we end up in a relegation battle. On that score it's far better for a new manager to have a pre-season and a long transfer window to learn about his squad and lay foundations.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024