Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am still confident 08:58 - Jan 18 with 728 viewsLankHenners

of a good performance against Huddersfield. I've made the point a few times in replies on other threads but wanted to put this out there.

As embarrassing and frustrating as last night was, and it was terrible, with Mick the cup and the league have to be viewed as separate things, one of which Mick has no respect for and couldn't care less about.

Saturday's performance against Blackburn gave me confidence of a better performance against Huddersfield but I still thought we'd go out last night because, bar the away match against Southampton, have we actually ever looked that bothered in the cup under Mick?

Really, like Portsmouth last year the only players who looked like they wanted to win were two outstanding loan players, and this year Emmanuel as well. Shows the mentality that Mick has imprinted onto the other senior players that they didn't look bothered to play properly last night, quite content to aimlessly whack the ball vaguely away from our box.

I think Mick has had his time and since the start of the season have said that no top 6 this year and he should go, but it should be at the end of the season so we can attract the type of manager we want and give them there own time to sort something out, rather than bring them in when the club is at a low on and off the pitch and make them work under that environment.

The irony of the "papering over the cracks" brigade willing for Mick to go now is that Mick leaving mid-season would be the biggest "papering over the cracks" there is.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I am still confident on 08:59 - Jan 18 with 707 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He looked gutted on that picture guthers posters when we went 1-0 down

Whether that was his realising he could be in trouble or genuinely him being upset, he looked on the verge of tears.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I am still confident on 09:06 - Jan 18 with 657 viewsStokieBlue

Sorry but that doesn't make sense.

If he wasn't bothered why did he play Lawrence, our only real match winner knowing Lincoln would kick him to pieces and he could get injured? We were lucky he wasn't injured. Idiotic decision if he didn't care about the cup like you are claiming.

Blackburn was better but let's not go crazy. We only just best an incredibly poor Blackburn side.

He won't go but since everyone thinks we won't go down what's the harm in getting someone in earlier rather than just giving them the close season to sort things out? I acknowledge the people we want might not be available though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I am still confident on 09:14 - Jan 18 with 610 viewsGuthrum

I am still confident on 08:59 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

He looked gutted on that picture guthers posters when we went 1-0 down

Whether that was his realising he could be in trouble or genuinely him being upset, he looked on the verge of tears.

On the iPlayer coverage, watch the few seconds after 1:56:39 and from 1:57:50.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08blzc1/the-fa-cup-201617-third-round-repl

Don't watch the whole lot, it may make you feel very unwell.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I am still confident on 09:15 - Jan 18 with 603 viewsLankHenners

I am still confident on 09:06 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

Sorry but that doesn't make sense.

If he wasn't bothered why did he play Lawrence, our only real match winner knowing Lincoln would kick him to pieces and he could get injured? We were lucky he wasn't injured. Idiotic decision if he didn't care about the cup like you are claiming.

Blackburn was better but let's not go crazy. We only just best an incredibly poor Blackburn side.

He won't go but since everyone thinks we won't go down what's the harm in getting someone in earlier rather than just giving them the close season to sort things out? I acknowledge the people we want might not be available though.

SB

It's the mentality - no-one looked bothered or willing to try and must up some individual spirit, bar Lawrence and Emmanuel. He doesn't care and that filters though to the players. Can you imagine the abuse he'd have got if he hadn't have played Lawrence? He wouldn't risk that.

We still beat Blackburn playing well, you can only beat what's in front of you and we did it well. Zero point in following football if every win against a not so great team is chalked off as "yeah, but they're not very good".

People we want not being available is a huge, huge reason for keeping Mick until the end of the season. Far bigger than people realise. I think he's reached a point beyond return with respect to the atmosphere of the fans and getting the players to play well consistently, but in the state we're in at this point in the season, is the kind of manager we want really going to be tempted to come here? I sincerely doubt it.

I am still confident on 09:17 - Jan 18 with 568 viewsHeathlander

I am still confident on 09:15 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

It's the mentality - no-one looked bothered or willing to try and must up some individual spirit, bar Lawrence and Emmanuel. He doesn't care and that filters though to the players. Can you imagine the abuse he'd have got if he hadn't have played Lawrence? He wouldn't risk that.

We still beat Blackburn playing well, you can only beat what's in front of you and we did it well. Zero point in following football if every win against a not so great team is chalked off as "yeah, but they're not very good".

People we want not being available is a huge, huge reason for keeping Mick until the end of the season. Far bigger than people realise. I think he's reached a point beyond return with respect to the atmosphere of the fans and getting the players to play well consistently, but in the state we're in at this point in the season, is the kind of manager we want really going to be tempted to come here? I sincerely doubt it.

If w are paying MM £1 million a season I am sure we could tempt people here.
I am still confident on 09:19 - Jan 18 with 535 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I am still confident on 09:14 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08blzc1/the-fa-cup-201617-third-round-repl

Yeah just watched it

When they first go to him, he looks on the verge of crying. I feel for him. The players let him down big time

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I am still confident on 09:20 - Jan 18 with 529 viewsLankHenners

I am still confident on 09:17 - Jan 18 by Heathlander

If w are paying MM £1 million a season I am sure we could tempt people here.

But people like Darrell Clarke or Neil Alexander, for example, who are pushing for play-offs/promotion in League 1 are hardly going to want to come and take over a club so they can finish 12th instead of 18th are they?

I agree we can attract that sort of manager at the end of the season, but I doubt now.

I am still confident on 09:38 - Jan 18 with 468 viewschevblue

I am still confident on 09:14 - Jan 18 by Guthrum

Cuts a very sad figure indeed ...

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024