Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An outsiders perspective 09:06 - Jan 18 with 2241 viewsVisitor

To put it bluntly, from the outside looking in, Mick McCarthy deserves a knighthood, never mind the sack. The squad's you have had over the past few seasons have been woeful in short, suffering from an absolute chronic lack of investment. It seems you're not even attempting to compete in the same transfer market as those facing relegation anymore.

Some of the players you've signed, some who still play regularly, are clearly not capable of making an impact at this level. Douglas, Varney, Hunt and Spencer are prime examples. However, despite all this MM has managed to somehow get you in the mix in each of his past seasons, and admittedly perhaps this season, a lack of investment has finally caught up with him. I mean to get you in the playoffs in 2014/15 was nothing short of miraculous.

If he get's the sack then I can only see one way in which your club will go, which is a shame really because you're a good club at this level.

From the outside looking in MM has done his reputation no harm, and your owner is to blame. Nevertheless, I appreciate many of you will have strong views on his style of play, but frankly, needs must with some of the players at your disposal. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in the remainder of the season, and I hope you spend some money this window!
An outsiders perspective on 09:08 - Jan 18 with 2177 viewsBergholtBru

Some very good points here.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

An outsiders perspective on 09:10 - Jan 18 with 2125 viewsBluebell

"Douglas, Varney, Hunt and Spencer are prime examples."

Who is Spencer?
An outsiders perspective on 09:12 - Jan 18 with 2092 viewsStokieBlue

An outsiders perspective on 09:10 - Jan 18 by Bluebell

Who is Spencer?

I suspect It's a sock puppet post done badly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

An outsiders perspective on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 2078 viewshype313

An outsiders perspective on 09:10 - Jan 18 by Bluebell

Who is Spencer?

Frank, didn't you see him playing centre half last night..

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

An outsiders perspective on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 2053 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thats all well and good but whos style is that seems to ruin players with talents.

Sears was scoring goals when he first came in. Suddnly mick turned him into a right winger???

Anderson was an attacking winger. He admitted mick turned him into a more inside midfielder

Ward. Scoted a debut hattrick... never to see such talents again.

Continuous playing of favorites. Chambers. Berra. Douglas.

The lack of imagination in the transfer market is his downfall. Dont forget we havent spent fees but we still have a 15 mill wage bill. Thats still a big sum.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

An outsiders perspective on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 2056 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Out if interest, who'd you support? Lincoln?

As far the hunts, they were actually good for us and Stephen was a mainstay for the playoff season.

I agree that when mick goes, it will probably get worse with our owner still not spending. But mick probably should still go. It's just too toxic for him to stay

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

An outsiders perspective on 09:15 - Jan 18 with 2000 viewsBluebell

An outsiders perspective on 09:13 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

As far the hunts, they were actually good for us and Stephen was a mainstay for the playoff season.

I agree that when mick goes, it will probably get worse with our owner still not spending. But mick probably should still go. It's just too toxic for him to stay

And if we'd had Varney there last night things may have been different.
An outsiders perspective on 09:17 - Jan 18 with 1964 viewsVisitor

I am a Leeds fan. He got cast-offs like Hunt, Douglas and Varney (and I name them three because I have witnessed them play and they were absolute garbage) playing consistently well at this level, which again shows his merits as a manager.
Login to get fewer ads

An outsiders perspective on 09:21 - Jan 18 with 1870 viewsGuthrum

Stephen Hunt would have been rushing up the wing, harrassing Lincoln players and screaming for the ball. Showing some spirit. Plus putting in crosses when he got it.

Lawrence has the technical skill, but not the sheer fury to drive on, pulling the team with him. Chambers probably has, but he's stuck at the back, not influencing things at the sharp end.

Two years on, we missed having someone like Hunt last night.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

An outsiders perspective on 09:23 - Jan 18 with 1817 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An outsiders perspective on 09:17 - Jan 18 by Visitor

I am a Leeds fan. He got cast-offs like Hunt, Douglas and Varney (and I name them three because I have witnessed them play and they were absolute garbage) playing consistently well at this level, which again shows his merits as a manager.

I take your point

Although it's worth saying Douglas hasn't played consistently well at any stage in an Ipswich shirt other than about a month of this season and a month of last season

Varney was well liked with town fans in general I think. Ran his socks off. Won every header. Popular with players and fans alike. Never below a 6/10 and threw his body about. Offer me him or Leon best and you surely can guess my answer.

An outsiders perspective on 09:24 - Jan 18 with 1812 viewsStenvict

An outsiders perspective on 09:13 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Thats all well and good but whos style is that seems to ruin players with talents.

Sears was scoring goals when he first came in. Suddnly mick turned him into a right winger???

Anderson was an attacking winger. He admitted mick turned him into a more inside midfielder

Ward. Scoted a debut hattrick... never to see such talents again.

Continuous playing of favorites. Chambers. Berra. Douglas.

The lack of imagination in the transfer market is his downfall. Dont forget we havent spent fees but we still have a 15 mill wage bill. Thats still a big sum.

You do realise Berra has been one of our best defenders (not difficult) over the last few seasons? Just because he's had a bad few games recently, you can't really put him in the 'Mick's FavoUrite's' category. He's picked because he's good.

Poll: What will be announced first?

An outsiders perspective on 09:24 - Jan 18 with 1802 viewsblueconscience

Believe me, you wouldn't be as positive if it was Leeds in question. Enjoy your freak season before returning to mediocrity

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

An outsiders perspective on 09:28 - Jan 18 with 1730 viewsBluedandy

To put it bluntly your perspective is somewhat skewed because MM is a Yorkshireman ....
An outsiders perspective on 09:33 - Jan 18 with 1686 viewsVisitor

An outsiders perspective on 09:24 - Jan 18 by blueconscience

Believe me, you wouldn't be as positive if it was Leeds in question. Enjoy your freak season before returning to mediocrity

It's just that we've suffered from a chronic lack of investment before, and although the manager gets the blame, you can't expect him to constantly perform miracles. You're getting blown out the water in the transfer market by practically every team, and when he goes, I guarantee under the same conditions his replacement will do worse.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 9:34]
An outsiders perspective on 09:42 - Jan 18 with 1584 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

An outsiders perspective on 09:33 - Jan 18 by Visitor

It's just that we've suffered from a chronic lack of investment before, and although the manager gets the blame, you can't expect him to constantly perform miracles. You're getting blown out the water in the transfer market by practically every team, and when he goes, I guarantee under the same conditions his replacement will do worse.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 9:34]

I absolutely agree with that

Unfortunately you don't realise how badly the relationship between fans and the club has got to over the last 6 weeks though. It's best really that he goes. Last week it looked like it turned a corner relationship wise with a nice interview from the captain and the return of the fist pump (never mind). But then we got humiliated and embarrassed in front of a million people on national and prime time tv.

An outsiders perspective on 09:51 - Jan 18 with 1515 viewsFrimleyBlue

An outsiders perspective on 09:24 - Jan 18 by Stenvict

You do realise Berra has been one of our best defenders (not difficult) over the last few seasons? Just because he's had a bad few games recently, you can't really put him in the 'Mick's FavoUrite's' category. He's picked because he's good.

I didnt feel he was last season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

An outsiders perspective on 10:14 - Jan 18 with 1420 viewsitfcjoe

The chickens have come home to roost following the lack of investment since 2014/15

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

An outsiders perspective on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 1315 viewsStenvict

An outsiders perspective on 09:51 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

I didnt feel he was last season.

Did you go to many games last season?

Poll: What will be announced first?

An outsiders perspective on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 1289 viewsRichOBlue

He was the one who signed those players because he knows he'll get hard work out of them which is what he can coach as a pose to young hungry lower league footballers who are technically better but need direction in terms of playing in a system

Poll: What formation suits us best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024