Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spineless and totally gutless 09:54 - Jan 18 with 1013 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst Mick has to take plenty of the blame for that - our players seem to be getting away scott-free from poor performances this year (unless they are Knudsen or Douglas).

Where is the professional pride?

Squad has needed an overhaul for a while now - but it can't be done by bringing in young players with potential from the lower leagues and over the hill players.

Until we spend some money on fees and wages for players in the mould of Berra, Skuse, Chambers, Murphy etc aged 26,27,28 like we did in Mick's first window then nothing will change.

Our 5 point 'plan' is much more likely to see us become a club that drifts between the Championship and League 1 than anything else.

A new manager will give the club a lift in the short term - but it's likely to be no more than a dead cat bounce - and it's likely to be a Kenny Jackett or someone of that ilk.

If I knew McCarthy would be replaced by a Darrell Clarke, Paul Cook or even a Danny Cowley, I'd be all up for getting rid - but I just don't think that is the case and without him the club will struggle even more.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Spineless and totally gutless on 09:56 - Jan 18 with 974 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fantastic post

My thoughts entirely. And worded better

I expect Kenny Jackett as our next manager
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 9:56]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:01 - Jan 18 with 942 viewsLankHenners

Chambers was one of Jewell's rare bright ideas in the transfer market but point very much taken.

It's so frustrating, and we know it is for the players, especially Chambers, to see good players go and then not sufficiently replaced.

The mentality was all wrong last night, Mick clearly didn't give much of a feck and as a result the players didn't, bar Lawrence, Emmanuel and Gerken (although of course he could have little influence on the pitch).

Think we've (Mick's) reached a point beyond return but last night was only a slightly worse situation than our other performances in the cup under Mick, which have been equally abject.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:01 - Jan 18 with 943 viewsthatdamgood89

Games are won and lost normally in the center of the park..We are so poor in that department and we only handicap ourselfs further by selection Skuse and Douglas together. Neither are good enough on their own let alone as a pair.

How Skuglus got a whole 90 while Ward who was arguably our better midfielder always wanting the ball always trying to play it on the floor...just a shame the ball bypassed him in the air every 5 seconds

This all comes down to poor selection, poor tactics and very little trust in his squad as a whole.

Our manager is now crippled by fear

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:14 - Jan 18 with 862 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think the club could attract an up and coming young manager now, why would someone like Derek Adams at Plymouth want to give up a promotion chasing side for us right now?

As you say, I don't think Mick would go for a young upcoming manager now though, and I've said several times, i'm convinced we'd end up with Kenny Jackett.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:28 - Jan 18 with 796 viewsitfcjoe

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:01 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Chambers was one of Jewell's rare bright ideas in the transfer market but point very much taken.

It's so frustrating, and we know it is for the players, especially Chambers, to see good players go and then not sufficiently replaced.

The mentality was all wrong last night, Mick clearly didn't give much of a feck and as a result the players didn't, bar Lawrence, Emmanuel and Gerken (although of course he could have little influence on the pitch).

Think we've (Mick's) reached a point beyond return but last night was only a slightly worse situation than our other performances in the cup under Mick, which have been equally abject.

After the first half, the players came out early, and started the second half very quickly - chasing and harrying - the ball ended up with Knudsen (after literally 14 seconds) and he shanked it for a throw, heads just dropped and we were back to the pace and attitude of first half.

So, presumably, a boll*cking got 14 seconds of football out of us. Other than Chambers no one on that pitch has any leadership or drive

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:28 - Jan 18 with 787 viewsitfcjoe

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:01 - Jan 18 by thatdamgood89

Games are won and lost normally in the center of the park..We are so poor in that department and we only handicap ourselfs further by selection Skuse and Douglas together. Neither are good enough on their own let alone as a pair.

How Skuglus got a whole 90 while Ward who was arguably our better midfielder always wanting the ball always trying to play it on the floor...just a shame the ball bypassed him in the air every 5 seconds

This all comes down to poor selection, poor tactics and very little trust in his squad as a whole.

Our manager is now crippled by fear

Ward was absolute pony last night - the worst thing is Douglas was the best midfielder of the 3 which shows how bad they were as a collective - because he was poor.

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 694 viewsLankHenners

Spineless and totally gutless on 10:28 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

After the first half, the players came out early, and started the second half very quickly - chasing and harrying - the ball ended up with Knudsen (after literally 14 seconds) and he shanked it for a throw, heads just dropped and we were back to the pace and attitude of first half.

So, presumably, a boll*cking got 14 seconds of football out of us. Other than Chambers no one on that pitch has any leadership or drive

We've lacked leaders for a while. We've been needing someone like Stephen Hunt in our team - clearly he's lost ability but he was always shouting and commanding instructions on the pitch, and when off it he was always running up and down the line, barking constantly and getting in the linesman's ear. We currently have no-one doing that, we shrink back into ourselves far too often and too easily.

Knudsen properly pissed me off last night - lost count of the amount of times he hopelessly hooked the ball straight out of play under little pressure.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024