Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is scary 09:59 - Jan 18 with 1284 viewsgtsb1966

Huddersfield A
Preston A
Derby H
Reading H
Villa A
Brighton A
Leeds H
Norwich A

We really are in the brown stuff especially as we'll probably be set up not to concede.
This is scary on 10:05 - Jan 18 with 1243 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't think league matches are as much of a problem as cup matches against a side with nothing to lose and playing with confidence.

Most of those teams will also be similarly tentative. Or at least the difference won't be as great as it was last night.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is scary on 10:09 - Jan 18 with 1206 viewscaught-in-limbo

We never lose 2 on the trot. There's 4 points there at least.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

This is scary on 10:12 - Jan 18 with 1179 viewsnorthstandsteps

It's not scary, it's the Championship where about 80% of the teams are as turgid as us
This is scary on 10:18 - Jan 18 with 1163 viewsSWGF

This is scary on 10:05 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

I don't think league matches are as much of a problem as cup matches against a side with nothing to lose and playing with confidence.

Most of those teams will also be similarly tentative. Or at least the difference won't be as great as it was last night.

You don't think Huddersfield, Derby, Reading, Villa, Brighton & Leeds will be playing with confidence?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

This is scary on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 1149 viewschicoazul

I'm sure we will grind some results out of those games. Mick knows how to get results with the players he has in this league. It wont be pretty but I am sure we will be alright this season.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is scary on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 1090 viewsDarth_Koont

This is scary on 10:18 - Jan 18 by SWGF

You don't think Huddersfield, Derby, Reading, Villa, Brighton & Leeds will be playing with confidence?

Not the same type, no. We were outgunned by their confidence in a way that rarely happens in the league.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is scary on 10:38 - Jan 18 with 1071 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is scary on 10:34 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

Not the same type, no. We were outgunned by their confidence in a way that rarely happens in the league.

You're right, none of those clubs above us will have the same level of confidence as Lincoln did, especially having seen last night's match.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

This is scary on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 1036 viewsSWGF

This is scary on 10:34 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

I'm sure the quality of the top-end Championship players in those teams will make up for any perceived lack of confidence.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

This is scary on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 1005 viewspeterleeblue

This is scary on 10:20 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

I'm sure we will grind some results out of those games. Mick knows how to get results with the players he has in this league. It wont be pretty but I am sure we will be alright this season.

I'm thinking the Webster injury may end up being pivotal here especially with Berra seemingly out of form or of to Hearts.
Right now I am glad of the 10 point cushion.
This is scary on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 996 viewsSuperfrans

Probably is, despite last night, we're likely to go to Huddersfield or Villa and come back with points. We're just inconsistent like that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

This is scary on 12:28 - Jan 18 with 870 viewsTLA

It's a tough run of fixtures. I wonder if it would put off a potential new manager, especially if they're flying high in the lower leagues and building a future. The thought of coming here and taking us close to the relegation places might be a turn off.

I also think the time for change has arrived but I'd probably back Mick to grind points out of those games ahead of someone new coming in who would try to change the style and ethos (which we do really need longer term).

The other option is a a caretaker manager but again, as we've still not lost back to back league games, would that be better than letting Mick basically perform that role before a change in the summer?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024