Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Best 10:00 - Jan 18 with 2831 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Discuss....

Surely he was drinking in the 'Last Chance Saloon' last night, at any other club he wouldn't be getting a look in again, but we are so woefully short of options.

Looked uninterested for the majority of the time on the pitch and was slow to react to absolutely everything.

I know it's a thankless task playing the lone striker role for us, but I'm not sure he gave their defence anything to think about and probably won't have many easier 90 minutes than that all season
Leon Best on 10:02 - Jan 18 with 2801 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I said before the game he isn't the player you want leading the line in a physical game that's gonna be a fight.

He just doesn't have the attitude of chasing everything and wining every header.

Ironically it was a game that screamed for Luke Varney..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Leon Best on 10:03 - Jan 18 with 2782 viewsDoobDude

Why do we have him instead of Luton's player of the season Jack Marriott.

Madness.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Leon Best on 10:09 - Jan 18 with 2709 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Leon Best on 10:02 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I said before the game he isn't the player you want leading the line in a physical game that's gonna be a fight.

He just doesn't have the attitude of chasing everything and wining every header.

Yeah, Reg would have been a damn sight better than most last night, for all his faults you always felt he would work his socks off and put in a real shift.

I said it again last night... "This is the game where we desperately need Luke Hyam"

We couldn't put a glove on them at times and Hyam would have at least dragged the midfield battle to a more even footing
Leon Best on 10:17 - Jan 18 with 2657 viewshadleighboyblue

He has been awful since coming here - he seems to think he is good and just doesn't put in any sort of effort . His attitude is terrible .

As has been said , compare his attitude to Varney .
Leon Best on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 2606 viewsitfcjoe

He was absolute garbage - couldn't give a f*ck from the first minute until he went off, and then had the cheek to moan and bitch about going off. he was lucky to last 10 minutes.

People can go on about lack of service, but he did not want to be there and I'd rip his contract up this morning.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leon Best on 10:32 - Jan 18 with 2584 viewschicoazul

Do you know what, you are absolutely spot on about it being a game for Varney.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Leon Best on 10:32 - Jan 18 with 2570 viewsReuser_is_God

Leon Best on 10:30 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

He was absolute garbage - couldn't give a f*ck from the first minute until he went off, and then had the cheek to moan and bitch about going off. he was lucky to last 10 minutes.

People can go on about lack of service, but he did not want to be there and I'd rip his contract up this morning.

This.

All you could hear on the tele for 1st 20 minutes was Mick going mad at him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Leon Best on 10:37 - Jan 18 with 2519 viewsSwailsey

Leon Best on 10:32 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

Do you know what, you are absolutely spot on about it being a game for Varney.

Agreed.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Leon Best on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 2489 viewsSuperfrans

Leon Best on 10:03 - Jan 18 by DoobDude

Madness.

Different type of player. It wasn't a game for Sears on his own upfront last night either. He isn't that kind of player either.

Best has the physical attributes to be that type of player, but just doesn't deliver.

Which begs the question why Mick played that way last night.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Leon Best on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 2411 viewsgreyhound

I made a point about this last night but was alarmed to see him defended as having no service. He was awful. Typified everything that is wrong
Leon Best on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 2362 viewsBergholtBru

His car is still on his driveway.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Leon Best on 11:31 - Jan 18 with 2345 viewswkj

Leon Best be on his way after that embarrassing performance

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Leon Best on 11:36 - Jan 18 with 2301 viewsOrwellblue

I know which of the number 9's on the pitch I would prefer.
How low we have sunk.
Leon Best on 12:06 - Jan 18 with 2205 viewshype313

Leon Best on 11:31 - Jan 18 by wkj

Leon Best be on his way after that embarrassing performance

Best foot forward then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leon Best on 12:08 - Jan 18 with 2184 viewstextbackup

I'm not sure any player from that game could look one another in the eye after that, I hope they all beat the fck out of one another on the team coach

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leon Best on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 2159 viewstaximan

big time nobody

no doubt he has earned well out of the game

china next ?
Leon Best on 13:29 - Jan 26 with 1894 viewsitfcjoe

Looks like Mick agreed....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leon Best on 13:33 - Jan 26 with 1838 viewsTractorWood

Leon Best on 10:03 - Jan 18 by DoobDude

Madness.

Didn't get fair crack Marriott. Get's a goal every 3 league games on average in league 2. Probably would see him as a decent prospect if we wouldn't have released him.

I do concede some people will say he's not good enough but I see little evidence to suggest any other of our signings are this month.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024