Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings 11:57 - Jan 18 with 2240 viewsDyland

Dreadful timing to make his statement in my opinion. Do any of the top brass at ITFC outside of the playing staff have a clue about football beyond it being a business? Very worrying.

Abject performance by Town. McCarthy has to take responsibility for this. No fight, no skill, no clue. Lincoln City are better than their league position suggest, and on tat performance we are worse (than theirs).

Picking Douglas and Skuse centrally stinks of plotlossery. An opportunity lost to build on some positivity after playing football against Blackburn, and putting on such a shameful display can only deepen the gloom at a time where we desperately need everyone around the club to pull together.

How McCarthy can survive that is beyond me, after what has gone in the last year. Is Evans noting how swiftly the support is dwindling?

I hate using descriptions like this for sports issues but last night's performance was not acceptable. The result I can live with, that's just a slightly embarrassing foot note in FA Cup history. Only playing football once (around 85 minutes I think we strung a few passes together) is shockingly bad, at any level.

I have rarely felt more angry as a Town fan.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

GRRRRR on 12:30 - Jan 18 with 2143 viewsDyland

I've been told to calm down more than once at work :-)

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:44 - Jan 18 with 2098 viewsWallingford_Boy

Completely agree, the result I was sort of expecting, but our level of hoofball have now reached new levels!! We all know Knudsen/Chambers/Berra will just smash it long, thats fine, but now they are ALL doing it!! Literally no-one tries to bring it down, lift their head and pass (bar Tom)!!!!

As a football coach, it makes my blood boil..

I'm done.

RIP Sir Bobby

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:48 - Jan 18 with 2058 viewsThe_Last_Baron

We need a huge clear out - from the very top to the playing staff.

How may of the current first team would you keep? I'd keep Bialkowski, McGoldrick (if he can prove his fitness - if not sell him), Dozzell, Webster, Ward (not sure about him but need to give him another season) - that's about it.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:51 - Jan 18 with 2010 viewsRyorry

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:48 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

How may of the current first team would you keep? I'd keep Bialkowski, McGoldrick (if he can prove his fitness - if not sell him), Dozzell, Webster, Ward (not sure about him but need to give him another season) - that's about it.

I think that new RB from lower league might pleasantly surprise us. (*prays*)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:55 - Jan 18 with 1974 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:48 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

Ward was hopeless last night and has been most of the season to be fair (bar the opening game!) But he is only young. I'd let Didz go now, can't rely on him. I'd keep Smith and Sears as well, but that's it.

Can NEVER remember an Ipswich team with so many players in it that are just not good enough at this level.

RIP Sir Bobby

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:59 - Jan 18 with 1935 viewsDyland

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:44 - Jan 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Completely agree, the result I was sort of expecting, but our level of hoofball have now reached new levels!! We all know Knudsen/Chambers/Berra will just smash it long, thats fine, but now they are ALL doing it!! Literally no-one tries to bring it down, lift their head and pass (bar Tom)!!!!

As a football coach, it makes my blood boil..

I'm done.

For the first time in my life I'm considering if "I'm done" applies to me too. I've always had Town to keep me into pro footie as a game in spite of the general malaise of the sport as an absurd bloated business.

For the first time in my life I'm questioning whether I could be bothered, whether on balance I may just support a semi or non professional outfit near me.

It's not the singular fault of Evans, McCarthy, or any players. Guthrum wrote a good post about the breaking point coming after years of under performing, misfortune, and downright bad management (on and off the field).

Everyone has a breaking point, and last night's dismal sh1t storm has brought me to within spitting distance of mine.

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:48 - Jan 18 with 1764 viewsDyland

Sears I'd keep, and Skuse has been decent in a 3-5-2 when he's not paired up with Douglas. Also Chambers at centre half.

We're not going to get any kind of clear-out from top to bottom. We've not only stagnated as a club but now shown how badly pros can play football.

Beyond "so bad it's funny". Last night was "so, so bad that it's not even funny". Even for a neutral. There was nothing as bad as that even in the Duncan days. It was End of Days Jewellesque.

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:52 - Jan 18 with 1747 viewsBenters

Indeed it was like on 86 mins right lets play some football !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:57 - Jan 18 with 1724 viewsDyland

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:52 - Jan 18 by Benters

Indeed it was like on 86 mins right lets play some football !

It was fcvking pathetic buh. Grrrrrrr.

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:59 - Jan 18 with 1700 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:59 - Jan 18 by Dyland

For the first time in my life I'm considering if "I'm done" applies to me too. I've always had Town to keep me into pro footie as a game in spite of the general malaise of the sport as an absurd bloated business.

For the first time in my life I'm questioning whether I could be bothered, whether on balance I may just support a semi or non professional outfit near me.

It's not the singular fault of Evans, McCarthy, or any players. Guthrum wrote a good post about the breaking point coming after years of under performing, misfortune, and downright bad management (on and off the field).

Everyone has a breaking point, and last night's dismal sh1t storm has brought me to within spitting distance of mine.

I am not just going to give up on my team because they are going through a bad run. If anything, this is the test of real support. If you want an easy win, go and watch Chelsea on Sky.
Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 18:02 - Jan 18 with 1673 viewsBenters

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:59 - Jan 18 by OxfordTH_1981

I am not just going to give up on my team because they are going through a bad run. If anything, this is the test of real support. If you want an easy win, go and watch Chelsea on Sky.

Or Spurs they play some nice football.

Gentlybentley

I don't want an "easy win" (n/t) on 18:04 - Jan 18 with 1659 viewsDyland

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:59 - Jan 18 by OxfordTH_1981

I don't want an "easy win" (n/t) on 18:07 - Jan 18 with 1628 viewsBenters

I don't want an "easy win" (n/t) on 18:04 - Jan 18 by Dyland

yh sorry you either support Town or Chelsea

Gentlybentley

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 18:35 - Jan 18 with 1558 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 17:57 - Jan 18 by Dyland

It was fcvking pathetic buh. Grrrrrrr.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 18:36 - Jan 18 with 1550 viewsTollycobbold

Well said. Who is Mine?
arf (n/t) on 19:36 - Jan 18 with 1441 viewsDyland

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 18:35 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Manic Mine (n/t) on 20:14 - Jan 18 with 1359 viewsDyland

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 18:36 - Jan 18 by Tollycobbold

Well said. Who is Mine?

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 21:15 - Jan 18 with 1268 viewsradiogaga

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 12:55 - Jan 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Ward was hopeless last night and has been most of the season to be fair (bar the opening game!) But he is only young. I'd let Didz go now, can't rely on him. I'd keep Smith and Sears as well, but that's it.

Can NEVER remember an Ipswich team with so many players in it that are just not good enough at this level.

I strongly advise looking at the squad that played out Jewell's final game. You might wish to review.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 21:29 - Jan 18 with 1236 viewsTexaco73

Is Mine for real? Thoughts and dark rumblings on 21:15 - Jan 18 by radiogaga

I strongly advise looking at the squad that played out Jewell's final game. You might wish to review.

Dark days indeed.
Squad of journeymen without their hearts in it and each match not a case of will we win or draw, but how many are going to get scored against us today..

Seems to be a pattern of dark days, lowest ebb, rock bottom, since Marcus Evans 'bailed' us out!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 21:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024