Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get a few things straight...... 12:46 - Jan 18 with 4567 viewsBloots

1. MM isn't going anywhere before the end of the season, and even then he may stay for another year. So it's pointless banging on about a replacement, it isn't going to happen in the short term.

2. ME won't be selling the club anytime soon. There isn't the appetite to buy a club saddled with our debt and with little obvious chance of growth in the short term.

3. We aren't going to get promoted the way things stand.

4. We aren't going to get relegated the way things stand.

5. We aren't "a club in crisis". We are a club in the same position we have been for about a dozen of the last 15 years. If anything we are "a club in stagnation".

6. We have no "god" given right to be challenging for promotion every year, given the financial constraints that we are currently working under. We are no different to many, many other clubs in that respect.

7. This season has largely been crap, with the odd glimpse of positivity.

8. Last night was a low point, we were even crappier than normal.

9. Probably around 50% of our first team aren't up to the task, half of them could possibly be replaced with youngsters, but without investment from the owner there will be no massive shift in our fortunes.

10. It could be worse, we could be Barnsley. (or any one of the many clubs that have fallen by the wayside over recent years)

Some of you need to take a few deep breaths.

It's only football after all.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:36 - Jan 18 with 1694 viewsMJallday

disagree with 4. i think its a real possibility

otherwise, spot on

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:42 - Jan 18 with 1677 viewshadleighboyblue

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:15 - Jan 18 by CaptainObvious

"MM isn't going anywhere before the end of the season"

I think he will leave if a) we lose 4 or 5 on the spin or b) there is continual dissent at the ground that makes his position impossible

so I don't think it is pointless banging on about a replacement.

but not much else to disagree with there.

If ME is going to get rid of MM , it has to be now or the end of the season .

Surely it has to be now . Why wait to see things stagnating further and more fans leaving - ST renewals will be out and with the current feeling as bad as it is the figures will slump further .

If MM stays on now and is given funds to spend , it will mean any new manager has to take on MM's players and will have less money to spend on bringing in his own players . Any new manager will expect there to be funds for him to build his own team.

The next 2 weeks will be very interesting .
I worded it quite carefully.... on 13:43 - Jan 18 with 1676 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:36 - Jan 18 by MJallday

disagree with 4. i think its a real possibility

otherwise, spot on

..."as it stands" we are 14th.

Sweardown.

Little to argue with there Blooters... on 13:45 - Jan 18 with 1677 viewsDyland

... but you forgot -

11) We have no "god" given right to win games, against any opposition. However, professional footballers at any level should be able to pass the ball to their own team at least some of the time, and when they do need to hoof it to clear their lines they should be able to do so effectively rather than slicing it out or kicking it straight up in the air or hitting it against a team mate standing by them or into their own face.

I've forgiven a whole year of this sh1t. Last night was the breaking point.

Yes we are a second tier club. But we are also Ipswich Town Football Club ffs. We have a long tradition of playing in the two top tiers of the professional football leagues. Correct, we have NO right to be here or to win every game or play scintillating football every time we run on to the pitch, but we do and SHOULD expect to be able to play fvcking football more often than we have done for over a year now.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Don't get me wrong matey..... on 13:46 - Jan 18 with 1670 viewsBloots

Little to argue with there Blooters... on 13:45 - Jan 18 by Dyland

... but you forgot -

11) We have no "god" given right to win games, against any opposition. However, professional footballers at any level should be able to pass the ball to their own team at least some of the time, and when they do need to hoof it to clear their lines they should be able to do so effectively rather than slicing it out or kicking it straight up in the air or hitting it against a team mate standing by them or into their own face.

I've forgiven a whole year of this sh1t. Last night was the breaking point.

Yes we are a second tier club. But we are also Ipswich Town Football Club ffs. We have a long tradition of playing in the two top tiers of the professional football leagues. Correct, we have NO right to be here or to win every game or play scintillating football every time we run on to the pitch, but we do and SHOULD expect to be able to play fvcking football more often than we have done for over a year now.

COYFB

....we're crap.

Really, really crap.

No disputing that.

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:46 - Jan 18 with 1666 viewsGlasgowBlue

The most reasoned post I've seen on here for some time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Barnsley are having their best season for years..... on 13:52 - Jan 18 with 1646 viewsKeaneish

Barnsley are having their best season for years..... on 13:05 - Jan 18 by Bloots

.....and are now having all their best players sold by their board halfway through the season.

So yeah, pretty much overnight.

I go to more matches than most on here (dare I say), and got my first season ticket over 25 years ago, but it's still just football.

Even to me.

Just football? I think you undid all your good points in your opening statement with that frivolous point.

Football is who I am and last night I felt humiliated. That unfortunately means more to me than any of the bureaucratic, political, financial or managerial machinations and their ramifications at the club. If you're not hurting after that and don't want to see change then I have to question, why not? The Bill Shankly seems quite apt now, "football isn't a matter of life and death, it's more than that".

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

But Shankly was a Scotsman.... on 13:55 - Jan 18 with 1621 viewsBloots

Barnsley are having their best season for years..... on 13:52 - Jan 18 by Keaneish

Just football? I think you undid all your good points in your opening statement with that frivolous point.

Football is who I am and last night I felt humiliated. That unfortunately means more to me than any of the bureaucratic, political, financial or managerial machinations and their ramifications at the club. If you're not hurting after that and don't want to see change then I have to question, why not? The Bill Shankly seems quite apt now, "football isn't a matter of life and death, it's more than that".

....living in Liverpool.

Frankly he had little else to look forward to.

Login to get fewer ads

But Shankly was a Scotsman.... on 14:23 - Jan 18 with 1556 viewsKeaneish

But Shankly was a Scotsman.... on 13:55 - Jan 18 by Bloots

....living in Liverpool.

Frankly he had little else to look forward to.

Ha! I guess Ipswich DOES have a Debenhams!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Let's get a few things straight...... on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 1547 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

this post is the equivalent of shrug your shoulders, can't do anything about it, oh well, we will just have to put up with it. pointing out the obvious yet not arsed to do anything about it.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 19:23]

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Let's get a few things straight...... on 14:34 - Jan 18 with 1533 viewsOxfordTH_1981

1. True but that could change if results get a lot worse. PJ and RK had similar votes of confidence and were still sacked.
2. True, but Evans could sell at a discount to get out and cut his losses.
3/4. Agreed
5. Agreed though I would add in 03/04 and 04/05 we were title contenders and in later seasons in a relegation fight.
6. Yes
7. Depends on definition of "crap" and as you say we are not in crisis. It's just mediocrity.
8. Absolutely.
9. Many of them were more than up to it when we came 6th and 7th. Others aren't.
10. Agree.
Let's get a few things straight...... on 14:37 - Jan 18 with 1523 viewsdirtyboy

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:19 - Jan 18 by DoobDude

But this is such a spineless post.
"Nothing is going to change so just accept it"

Wrong, I'm going to moan and protest about it until something changes. Even if it does take 18 months.

And of course you are wrong about points 4 and 5.

Or you could do your homework.
But Shankly was a Scotsman.... on 14:40 - Jan 18 with 1522 viewsRyorry

But Shankly was a Scotsman.... on 14:23 - Jan 18 by Keaneish

Ha! I guess Ipswich DOES have a Debenhams!

Even more reason to go with the Shankley in Liverpool - I lose the will to live every time I step into a Debenhams!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There's plenty of things that are happening..... on 14:50 - Jan 18 with 1505 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 14:33 - Jan 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

this post is the equivalent of shrug your shoulders, can't do anything about it, oh well, we will just have to put up with it. pointing out the obvious yet not arsed to do anything about it.

...in the world that I can't do anything about. Many far worse things than us being crap at football.

It doesn't mean I'm happy about any of them.

If we lose our next 8 games..... on 15:02 - Jan 18 with 1478 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

If we lose our next 8 games..... on 13:18 - Jan 18 by blueblood66

no, Blackburn were appalling. We were rescued by our loan player.

As frustrating as it is to see someone close hand who will never be ours, he is still scoring goals for Ipswich Town and contributing to our overall points haul this season.

Loan players goals still count and we shouldn't just discount them because it helps paint an ever darker image of where we are
Let's get a few things straight...... on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 1467 viewsBluebell

Let's get a few things straight...... on 14:33 - Jan 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

"Shrug your soldiers"

Let's get a few things straight...... on 15:14 - Jan 18 with 1456 viewsSuperfrans

Must admit I drew most of these conclusions sometime ago, especially points 1-7 and number 10.

That's why I've setttled for our lot to an extent, believing that Mick is an experienced operator who would at least ensure we had a team of players working for each other, for him and the club and we would not be embarrassed by them.

But last night was terrible and not an exaggeration to call it one of the 2/3 most abject and embarrassing performances in 40 years plus supporting this club.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

We;ve stagn (n/t) on 19:40 - Jan 18 with 1360 viewsDyland

Don't get me wrong matey..... on 13:46 - Jan 18 by Bloots

....we're crap.

Really, really crap.

No disputing that.

We've stagnated so much... on 19:52 - Jan 18 with 1344 viewsDyland

Don't get me wrong matey..... on 13:46 - Jan 18 by Bloots

....we're crap.

Really, really crap.

No disputing that.

... you've become numb to it Blooters old mate.

I've been positive and forgiving and still dreaming we can make late playoff pushes after victories for thirty odd years.

I've reached breaking point. It's not the fault of a singular factor, economic, management or player. It's the culmination of many factors. But at breaking point here I am. What's done it for me, to quote a cliche, is the hope. After Blackburn I really thought we could push on. And then we see last night's... I don't know what to call it... effort doesn't seem fair to the word effort. It kills me.

I accept things will improve, get worse, level out, etc. Notwithstanding the reality of modern football and our place in it, last night was a fvkcing insult to ITFC.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 19:52]

Let's get a few things straight...... on 19:58 - Jan 18 with 1338 viewsjas0999

Good post, but needs, Marcus Evans has little intention of spending. The 'we have bids in' is just yet more spin to fool the fans. The bids if indeed do exist, will be well under what the player is worth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024