Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get a few things straight...... 12:46 - Jan 18 with 4520 viewsBloots

1. MM isn't going anywhere before the end of the season, and even then he may stay for another year. So it's pointless banging on about a replacement, it isn't going to happen in the short term.

2. ME won't be selling the club anytime soon. There isn't the appetite to buy a club saddled with our debt and with little obvious chance of growth in the short term.

3. We aren't going to get promoted the way things stand.

4. We aren't going to get relegated the way things stand.

5. We aren't "a club in crisis". We are a club in the same position we have been for about a dozen of the last 15 years. If anything we are "a club in stagnation".

6. We have no "god" given right to be challenging for promotion every year, given the financial constraints that we are currently working under. We are no different to many, many other clubs in that respect.

7. This season has largely been crap, with the odd glimpse of positivity.

8. Last night was a low point, we were even crappier than normal.

9. Probably around 50% of our first team aren't up to the task, half of them could possibly be replaced with youngsters, but without investment from the owner there will be no massive shift in our fortunes.

10. It could be worse, we could be Barnsley. (or any one of the many clubs that have fallen by the wayside over recent years)

Some of you need to take a few deep breaths.

It's only football after all.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:53 - Jan 18 with 2784 viewsIllinoisblue

disagree on point 5. We are in crisis. It's a minor one compared to a Coventry, but when you have fans arguing with players, a manager getting stick home and away, an owner still clueless about football, an exec in charge who's even more clueless than the owner, dwindling crowds, and have just been comprehensively outplayed by a non-league team over two games, I'd say that's a crisis for a once-proud football club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:55 - Jan 18 with 2741 viewsWadeyBlue

Point 4. We aren't going to get relegated - Lets review this post after February.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

No, a crisis would be..... on 12:56 - Jan 18 with 2725 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:53 - Jan 18 by Illinoisblue

disagree on point 5. We are in crisis. It's a minor one compared to a Coventry, but when you have fans arguing with players, a manager getting stick home and away, an owner still clueless about football, an exec in charge who's even more clueless than the owner, dwindling crowds, and have just been comprehensively outplayed by a non-league team over two games, I'd say that's a crisis for a once-proud football club.

.....getting relegated, or having our ground taken away, or going into administration, or having all our players sold, etc, etc.

We just aren't very good at football at the moment and money isn't being invested in the team to improve it.

All your other points are just "football".

IMHO.

Feel free. (n/t) on 12:58 - Jan 18 with 2679 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:55 - Jan 18 by WadeyBlue

Point 4. We aren't going to get relegated - Lets review this post after February.

Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:59 - Jan 18 with 2671 viewsBasuco

I agree with that, I decided a while ago that I just had to get used to the performances and bide my time until a change is made, that will not be this season IMO as well. We just need to stand firm, hold our heads high and say "we are Ipswich" because at the end of the day very few thought we would get promoted this season and even fewer thought we would be relegated. So have lived up to our expectations and hopefully the league performances will be much more in the style of the Blackburn game and less Lincoln game for the remainder of the season. I came to this view as nothing will change if MM stays or goes, so I am happy to go with how ME wishes to play it for now, we stand to gain nothing by angry chanting during or after games.
Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:59 - Jan 18 with 2671 viewstextbackup

4 5 10

Did the likes of Barnsley etc turn into that overnight? No, a period of being pretty sht, as we are now.

i predict that we now go on a massive run of poor results and we slide down the table, lastnight will have sucked out any confidence anyone had left.

And to some it isn't just football

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:03 - Jan 18 with 2605 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Point 1: there's no certainty McCarthy will be here until the end of the season. Last night's defeat, on national TV, is a brutal blow for him.

He has his backers in the national media who don't watch Town. Last night they'll have seen just how poor we are. No longer can they state how good a job he is doing on no resources after his side served up such cr@p.

The fans who want a change are now very much in the majority. I'd take a guess at 75% plus. He will probably survive this result (he shouldn't) but should we lose the next couple of games I can't see how he can survive.

At the end of the day if the fans turn en masse against the manager there is only ever one outcome.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Barnsley are having their best season for years..... on 13:05 - Jan 18 with 2568 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:59 - Jan 18 by textbackup

4 5 10

Did the likes of Barnsley etc turn into that overnight? No, a period of being pretty sht, as we are now.

i predict that we now go on a massive run of poor results and we slide down the table, lastnight will have sucked out any confidence anyone had left.

And to some it isn't just football

.....and are now having all their best players sold by their board halfway through the season.

So yeah, pretty much overnight.

I go to more matches than most on here (dare I say), and got my first season ticket over 25 years ago, but it's still just football.

Even to me.

Login to get fewer ads

No, a crisis would be..... on 13:05 - Jan 18 with 2568 viewsSWGF

No, a crisis would be..... on 12:56 - Jan 18 by Bloots

.....getting relegated, or having our ground taken away, or going into administration, or having all our players sold, etc, etc.

We just aren't very good at football at the moment and money isn't being invested in the team to improve it.

All your other points are just "football".

IMHO.

The "getting relegated" bit will become far more likely while limited money is invested.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:08 - Jan 18 with 2529 viewsMedwayTractor

Can't argue too much with most of your points, but the one where I think you are misguided is No 4.

You used the phrase "The way things stand". If last night's performance is anything to go by, none of the next 8 fixtures are looking like good bets for three points. Eight straight defeats is looking a safer bet, especially with those players who are out injured.

This would mean 34 points with 12 games left to get 20 points, I can't see that happening, so we are most definitely in a relegation battle. This is nothing to do with how far we are at present above the current bottom three, or how poor they have been so far, but based merely on how many points will guarantee safety and the likelihood of achieving this.

If we can't produce a substantial improvement on last night's standard of performance, will sink like a stone.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:14 - Jan 18 with 2447 viewsblueblood66

How on earth are they going to market season tickets? Answer me that one. I am all ears.
Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:15 - Jan 18 with 2436 viewsCaptainObvious

"MM isn't going anywhere before the end of the season"

I think he will leave if a) we lose 4 or 5 on the spin or b) there is continual dissent at the ground that makes his position impossible

so I don't think it is pointless banging on about a replacement.

but not much else to disagree with there.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

If we lose our next 8 games..... on 13:16 - Jan 18 with 2418 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:08 - Jan 18 by MedwayTractor

Can't argue too much with most of your points, but the one where I think you are misguided is No 4.

You used the phrase "The way things stand". If last night's performance is anything to go by, none of the next 8 fixtures are looking like good bets for three points. Eight straight defeats is looking a safer bet, especially with those players who are out injured.

This would mean 34 points with 12 games left to get 20 points, I can't see that happening, so we are most definitely in a relegation battle. This is nothing to do with how far we are at present above the current bottom three, or how poor they have been so far, but based merely on how many points will guarantee safety and the likelihood of achieving this.

If we can't produce a substantial improvement on last night's standard of performance, will sink like a stone.

...then yes, we'll be in a relegation battle.

Seeing as we haven't lost 2 in a row all season, it's unlikely I'd say.

We were appalling last night, we weren't appalling on Saturday.

If we lose our next 8 games..... on 13:18 - Jan 18 with 2379 viewsblueblood66

If we lose our next 8 games..... on 13:16 - Jan 18 by Bloots

...then yes, we'll be in a relegation battle.

Seeing as we haven't lost 2 in a row all season, it's unlikely I'd say.

We were appalling last night, we weren't appalling on Saturday.

no, Blackburn were appalling. We were rescued by our loan player.
No idea, wasn't really one of my points..... on 13:18 - Jan 18 with 2373 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:14 - Jan 18 by blueblood66

How on earth are they going to market season tickets? Answer me that one. I am all ears.

....but I guess they'll make some pointless promises and about 10,000 regulars will renew.

I hope your ears are OK.

All of them.

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:19 - Jan 18 with 2349 viewsDoobDude

But this is such a spineless post.
"Nothing is going to change so just accept it"

Wrong, I'm going to moan and protest about it until something changes. Even if it does take 18 months.

And of course you are wrong about points 4 and 5.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Maybe he'll rescue us..... on 13:19 - Jan 18 with 2345 viewsBloots

If we lose our next 8 games..... on 13:18 - Jan 18 by blueblood66

no, Blackburn were appalling. We were rescued by our loan player.

....in some of our next 8 games?

You seem a little agitated.

So by your own admission Blackburn are worse than us?

Good, that's one of the relegation spots gone.

You may be right..... on 13:21 - Jan 18 with 2320 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:15 - Jan 18 by CaptainObvious

"MM isn't going anywhere before the end of the season"

I think he will leave if a) we lose 4 or 5 on the spin or b) there is continual dissent at the ground that makes his position impossible

so I don't think it is pointless banging on about a replacement.

but not much else to disagree with there.

....of course.

But the way the season has gone so far, he'll get a decent result every 3 games and struggle on through to the end of the season.

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:23 - Jan 18 with 2299 viewsmutters

Let's get a few things straight...... on 12:55 - Jan 18 by WadeyBlue

Does the season now end after February?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 2260 viewsReuser_is_God

On point 6 I'd like to add that I don't believe that Town fans feel as though we have a god given right to be challenging for promotion every year. Clearly you'll get the few that do but most, including the club, gave up hope of challenging top 6 this year when we failed to replace Murphy.

This season has been largely crap, witht he odd glimpse of positivity? The odd worldie from a loanee we've already said we have zero chance of signing permanently isn't going to wash. The biggest positive of the season so far, IMHO, is that Mick has finally realised that Knudsen isn't up to it.

& for the reasons Illy has pointed out, we are in a crisis. Not like Coventry but we're in our own crisis.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:28 - Jan 18 with 2220 viewsWadeyBlue

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:23 - Jan 18 by mutters

Does the season now end after February?

referring to the games we have in February.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Good luck to you. (n/t) on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 2186 viewsBloots

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:19 - Jan 18 by DoobDude

But this is such a spineless post.
"Nothing is going to change so just accept it"

Wrong, I'm going to moan and protest about it until something changes. Even if it does take 18 months.

And of course you are wrong about points 4 and 5.

Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:33 - Jan 18 with 2166 viewsRandall

Can't argue with any of those ten points.

The main problem is investment - if we were spending money on players and building a squad comparable with the teams above us (rather than making do and selling anyone we can get a good fee for), then I think I would see the point of sacking Mick for underperforming.

As it is, we do not deserve to be above mid-table (and arguably Mick has done reasonably well keeping us there with the injuries and lack of investment). Really challenging for the play-offs would be over-achieving for us and we are only 9 or 10 points off that, in an injury hit season where we sold our target man.

The style of football is often mentioned as being a reason to get rid of Mick - we simply do not have the quality in the squad to play nice football at the moment. Investment might change that, but as it is, sticking with Mick is the sane option. Our five biggest transfer fees were all paid out between 2000 and 2001 - 15 years ago. That says it all.
Let's get a few things straight...... on 13:35 - Jan 18 with 2136 viewshype313

Further to point 4, could you also give me tomorrow night's lottery numbers.

Cheers.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Barnsley are having their best season for years..... on 13:35 - Jan 18 with 2131 viewstextbackup

Barnsley are having their best season for years..... on 13:05 - Jan 18 by Bloots

.....and are now having all their best players sold by their board halfway through the season.

So yeah, pretty much overnight.

I go to more matches than most on here (dare I say), and got my first season ticket over 25 years ago, but it's still just football.

Even to me.

Mine is around 20 years, and to me it's 24/7 in my mind. Sad as that may be

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024