Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best last game last night ? (n/t) 13:15 - Jan 18 with 1926 viewsdavid_mcgoldrick

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 13:16 - Jan 18 with 1917 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd be very surprised if he played for us again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 13:16 - Jan 18 with 1910 viewsReuser_is_God

He should never have had a first game but there you go.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 13:35 - Jan 18 with 1823 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Can't see him playing again, even from the bench. A terrible performance.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 13:41 - Jan 18 with 1793 viewsMartus

Well to be fair, none of our strikers gets any sort of service. Especially Best last night. He cant perform miracles if all we do is launch the ball up to him. Blame the tactics not the player.

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 13:57 - Jan 18 with 1749 viewstractorshark

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 13:41 - Jan 18 by Martus

Well to be fair, none of our strikers gets any sort of service. Especially Best last night. He cant perform miracles if all we do is launch the ball up to him. Blame the tactics not the player.

Think that's letting him off lightly.
Yes, the service was poor but how many times did he show for the ball.
Where was his movement? He very rarely made runs into channels and moaned at Knudsen when he put one pass there.
If you're not going to do that, then the least you did is hold the ball up. Did he ever do that?
All I saw was a man turning into trouble and being dispossessed.
A good example of what he should have been doing was the Lincoln guy's assist for the goal.
Leon Best was a panicked, stop-gap signing that hasn't worked.
Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:04 - Jan 18 with 1717 viewsITFCBlues

Maybe we should drop Lawrence as well as he was garbage last night? His free-kick cost us.

Perhaps people need to consider why he was rubbish and why it is that NONE of our strikers score goals? He had absolutely ZERO service last night. What can any striker do when they're not getting any service?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:09 - Jan 18 with 1689 viewsITFCBlues

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 13:57 - Jan 18 by tractorshark

Think that's letting him off lightly.
Yes, the service was poor but how many times did he show for the ball.
Where was his movement? He very rarely made runs into channels and moaned at Knudsen when he put one pass there.
If you're not going to do that, then the least you did is hold the ball up. Did he ever do that?
All I saw was a man turning into trouble and being dispossessed.
A good example of what he should have been doing was the Lincoln guy's assist for the goal.
Leon Best was a panicked, stop-gap signing that hasn't worked.

You saw a man panic and turn into trouble - perhaps suggesting he was massively isolated with no options?

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:29 - Jan 18 with 1636 viewstractorshark

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:09 - Jan 18 by ITFCBlues

You saw a man panic and turn into trouble - perhaps suggesting he was massively isolated with no options?

i'm not defending the midfield but nor will i defend Best. he was hopeless last night.
if he's panicking against a Conference side, he should be nowhere near a Championship side.
there was a complete lack of effort and fight from him (and others) last night and that's something I can't abide.
Login to get fewer ads

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:56 - Jan 18 with 1587 viewsITFCBlues

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:29 - Jan 18 by tractorshark

i'm not defending the midfield but nor will i defend Best. he was hopeless last night.
if he's panicking against a Conference side, he should be nowhere near a Championship side.
there was a complete lack of effort and fight from him (and others) last night and that's something I can't abide.

He wasn't great - but he had ZERO service. How is a striker supposed to score goals when all we did was launch balls into the channels and over his head whilst spending long periods on the edge of our own area.

This is a guy that ripped us apart last season if you recall. There is a good player in there, but as with every striker, they need some kind of service to perform

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:56 - Jan 18 with 1590 viewsHighgateBlue

He has the least appropriate surname in football. Apart from maybe David Goodwillie.
Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 15:02 - Jan 18 with 1554 viewsBinner

Precious little to feed off as our spearhead. His main contributions were as a defender against Lincoln's set-pieces. Any more injuries and we'll be forced into using him again. Haven't seen Moore play, yet...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 15:09 - Jan 18 with 1526 viewsSuperfrans

He was abject.

Didn't show for the ball, made the wrong runs constantly, has no power or strength. You would never have thought he was once a Prem player, playing against non-league defenders.

The "no service" defence is nonsense. He never managed to hold onto the ball at any point and, by the end, was complaining about non existent fouls, looking to avoid responsibility. One of last actions, running with the ball on the edge of the box, a lame step over, ignored the team mates in better positions and hit a shot directly against the defender right in front of him.

It's a long time since I saw an attacking performance worse than that, especially given the opposition,

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 15:14 - Jan 18 with 1489 viewsgreyhound

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:56 - Jan 18 by ITFCBlues

He wasn't great - but he had ZERO service. How is a striker supposed to score goals when all we did was launch balls into the channels and over his head whilst spending long periods on the edge of our own area.

This is a guy that ripped us apart last season if you recall. There is a good player in there, but as with every striker, they need some kind of service to perform

Are you Leon best in disguise. Your backing him to the hilt continuously.
Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 15:15 - Jan 18 with 1489 viewsEdmunds5

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 15:09 - Jan 18 by Superfrans

He was abject.

Didn't show for the ball, made the wrong runs constantly, has no power or strength. You would never have thought he was once a Prem player, playing against non-league defenders.

The "no service" defence is nonsense. He never managed to hold onto the ball at any point and, by the end, was complaining about non existent fouls, looking to avoid responsibility. One of last actions, running with the ball on the edge of the box, a lame step over, ignored the team mates in better positions and hit a shot directly against the defender right in front of him.

It's a long time since I saw an attacking performance worse than that, especially given the opposition,

Agree, I thought he was terrible, totally disinterested and never came deep to try and get involved in the game. It wasn't an easy night for him but when you're not getting the ball you have to force your way into the game a little bit and put yourself about.

Rhead on the other hand for them, was constantly challenging for the ball and his physical presence allowed people to run off him, even saw him clearing a ball in his own penalty area at one point.

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Transfer deadline day or Christmas?
Blog: A Representation Of Stability

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 15:38 - Jan 18 with 1424 viewsRandall

He looked poor, but then again he has no confidence, probably isn't match fit and the service was poor.

He could at least have pressed Lincoln up the pitch a bit and shown for the ball - even at his worst Murphy put in a shift.
Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 16:14 - Jan 18 with 1314 viewsTendring_Blue

Thought he looked totally lost, lost the ball, no strength or energy. That and the midfield behind him just not being at all quick made or a team of 9 players and this put the defence under too much pressure.

Totally embarrassing and a real low point due to it being on BBC One. Worst of all, I was not surprised or shocked at all.
Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 16:20 - Jan 18 with 1276 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Best last game last night ? (n/t) on 14:04 - Jan 18 by ITFCBlues

Maybe we should drop Lawrence as well as he was garbage last night? His free-kick cost us.

Perhaps people need to consider why he was rubbish and why it is that NONE of our strikers score goals? He had absolutely ZERO service last night. What can any striker do when they're not getting any service?

Yes the service was poor...

But imagine if Varney was instead starting last night.

At least he'd win the headers and at least chase everything.

Varney makes his own luck as proven with his goal in the QPR game when he chased the ball. I didn't see best chase even one ball yesterday

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024