Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... 14:02 - Jan 18 with 3902 viewstractorshark

Seen people moaning about the timing of Milne's statement this morning.
But if the club had stayed silent, would that have appeased you?
I don't agree with what he said, I think Mick has to go and he won't turn it around now.
But Milne had to come out with something today. Either back him or sack him.
If Evans truly wants McCarthy to stay, he has to step up the transfer hunt now.
A decent signing is the only thing that could lift the fans right now.
But that means digging a bit deeper in the pocket.
My fear is they won't pay any more, they won't sack Mick and we'll be in limbo until the summer at least.
The only crumb of comfort I have at the moment is there is a decent nucleus of youngsters coming through.
They are raw and not ready yet but it gives us hope.
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:17 - Jan 18 with 1005 viewsstantheman

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:41 - Jan 18 by IpswichChris

Has Lincoln had loads to spend though?

The quality they produced over two legs was obviously far better than anything we struggled to do. Who's head does that lay on?

They were organised and put it about but to call them quality is stretching it a bit. Mick grts criticised for using the tactics that they used all match. Hoof.
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:18 - Jan 18 with 989 viewsRyorry

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:11 - Jan 18 by pickles110564

Of course you would lol.

Of course I would yes, or are you calling me a liar?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:29 - Jan 18 with 951 viewsmonty_radio

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:28 - Jan 18 by pickles110564

Ryorry, you are joking?
If in your job you were working to a tiny budget, with a huge list of sick staff and yet still managed to get results would you resign?
Do not be so stupid, you would not resign, nobody would.
It is time some of you realised the rubbish you post and consider all the facts.
I too am not happy with the standard of football but I certainly do not have the money to bail the club out and lose millions year on year.

A "fact" would in all probability be that ME hasn't spent all this money as a charitable gesture. You do not have the money to bail us out, you say. Probably no poster on here has.

At the risk of posting rubbish: what does your last sentence actually signify?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:32 - Jan 18 with 943 viewsRadlett_blue

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:03 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

You have completely misunderstood, I didn't say anything like that at all! What I *actually* said was
" The only acceptable reason for not doing so that I can think of, is that there's no one obviously suitable to step in immediately, and he thought it would be more damaging to the club to have no-one in (considering that TC would never stab Mick in the back by greeing to do a caretaker job)..

So, did TC stab Mick in the back by becoming caretaker manager at Wolves?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:36 - Jan 18 with 928 viewsblueblood66

no apology
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 17:14 - Jan 18 with 893 viewsMillsey

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:40 - Jan 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Another manager might -

* Play football rather than asking all his team to kick it long
* NOT sign VERY average squad players, only to release them a few months later
* NOT play the likes of Best, Douglas, Knudsen, etc when they are clearly not good enough
* play players in their strongest positions
* change tactics mid game when things aren't working rather than stubbornly carrying on

You would honestly keep Mick?!?!

He looked as embarrassed as the rest of us with some of the close ups of him when our players punted the ball into touch time after time or shinned it to the opposition
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 884 viewsRyorry

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:26 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

Are you saying TC stabbed Mick in the back at Wolves?

No. Completely different circumstances - at Wolves, Mick was just one of several managers that TC worked with pretty much by chance. It wasn't a partnership that they themselves made a decision to create. Coming here, they chose to come together, as a team - they specifically set up to do so. I'd have thought in most peoples' book that would mean they'd have far more loyalty to each other now.

And hah, see from Wiki that TC went to Foxwood School in Seacroft - very rough estate on the outskirts of Leeds, which was my old stamping ground as a probation officer! Hasten to add that I never encountered him in a professional capacity!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 17:39]

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 18:03 - Jan 18 with 862 viewsOxfordTH_1981

I think the entire point is that it was Milne, not Evans, who made the statement. Evans lives in the shadows and the fans expect leadership and some effort to connect with them. A scripted, hollow statement full of platitudes doesn't cut it. The rift between club and fans is only going to get worse.
Login to get fewer ads

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 18:26 - Jan 18 with 855 viewsRyorry

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 18:03 - Jan 18 by OxfordTH_1981

I think the entire point is that it was Milne, not Evans, who made the statement. Evans lives in the shadows and the fans expect leadership and some effort to connect with them. A scripted, hollow statement full of platitudes doesn't cut it. The rift between club and fans is only going to get worse.

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 18:59 - Jan 18 with 824 viewsRadlett_blue

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 17:37 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

No. Completely different circumstances - at Wolves, Mick was just one of several managers that TC worked with pretty much by chance. It wasn't a partnership that they themselves made a decision to create. Coming here, they chose to come together, as a team - they specifically set up to do so. I'd have thought in most peoples' book that would mean they'd have far more loyalty to each other now.

And hah, see from Wiki that TC went to Foxwood School in Seacroft - very rough estate on the outskirts of Leeds, which was my old stamping ground as a probation officer! Hasten to add that I never encountered him in a professional capacity!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 17:39]

thanks. I didn't know MM had "inherited" TC at Wolves.
Wolves were owned by Steve Morgan (not the nicest man in the world from what I'm told) & apparently they had Curbishley lined up to replace Mick, but Curbs changed his mind so they were left high & dry.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 19:05 - Jan 18 with 802 viewsJ2BLUE

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:03 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

You have completely misunderstood, I didn't say anything like that at all! What I *actually* said was
" The only acceptable reason for not doing so that I can think of, is that there's no one obviously suitable to step in immediately, and he thought it would be more damaging to the club to have no-one in (considering that TC would never stab Mick in the back by greeing to do a caretaker job)..

My apologies, I did indeed misunderstand.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024