Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... 14:02 - Jan 18 with 3908 viewstractorshark

Seen people moaning about the timing of Milne's statement this morning.
But if the club had stayed silent, would that have appeased you?
I don't agree with what he said, I think Mick has to go and he won't turn it around now.
But Milne had to come out with something today. Either back him or sack him.
If Evans truly wants McCarthy to stay, he has to step up the transfer hunt now.
A decent signing is the only thing that could lift the fans right now.
But that means digging a bit deeper in the pocket.
My fear is they won't pay any more, they won't sack Mick and we'll be in limbo until the summer at least.
The only crumb of comfort I have at the moment is there is a decent nucleus of youngsters coming through.
They are raw and not ready yet but it gives us hope.
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:04 - Jan 18 with 2875 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not his statement, it's the death of hope that the axe might be swung. As several of us said before the game it was never going to be the deciding game whatever the score but people still hoped it would be.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:06 - Jan 18 with 2859 viewsLankHenners

Sometimes it's best just to say nothing. Not sure why he thought this would get the fans that have turned back on his side as it were, is he going to put out such statements after every poor loss now?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:09 - Jan 18 with 2814 viewsJ2BLUE

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:06 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Sometimes it's best just to say nothing. Not sure why he thought this would get the fans that have turned back on his side as it were, is he going to put out such statements after every poor loss now?

To be fair it made a refreshing change from one of our squad saying how all the players are disappointed and they can't wait to get out for the next game and try to put it right. AKA the usual b0lll0cks .

Truly impaired.

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:15 - Jan 18 with 2766 viewsLankHenners

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:09 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

To be fair it made a refreshing change from one of our squad saying how all the players are disappointed and they can't wait to get out for the next game and try to put it right. AKA the usual b0lll0cks .

Footballer's interviews in general are a load of cr@p. If you win it's "yeah, good to get a goal, points more important, take this into the next game, thanks to the fans" and if you lose it's "disappointed not to come away with anything, we go again, try our best to win the next game". No personality in any of them.

Still, not sure there was a need for Milne to come out with any statement. Unless he was answering a question out to him, in which case that's different, but I don't get the impression that that was the case.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:18 - Jan 18 with 2732 viewsIpswichChris

I'm still so deflated over yesterday. I honestly dreamt about it.

I knew they wouldn't sack MM but I'd be lying if I said I didn't go to sleep with a shred of hope that I'd awake to hear he was gone.

So deflated.
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:20 - Jan 18 with 2713 viewsBenters

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:18 - Jan 18 by IpswichChris

I knew they wouldn't sack MM but I'd be lying if I said I didn't go to sleep with a shred of hope that I'd awake to hear he was gone.

So deflated.

This

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:37 - Jan 18 with 2667 viewsGarv

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:15 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Footballer's interviews in general are a load of cr@p. If you win it's "yeah, good to get a goal, points more important, take this into the next game, thanks to the fans" and if you lose it's "disappointed not to come away with anything, we go again, try our best to win the next game". No personality in any of them.

Still, not sure there was a need for Milne to come out with any statement. Unless he was answering a question out to him, in which case that's different, but I don't get the impression that that was the case.

It was a text message as well. Not much of a 'statement' in itself is it?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:40 - Jan 18 with 2639 viewsRadlett_blue

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:06 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Exactly. Evans is the one making the decisions & even he knows that an owner should back a manger fully - in public at least - until you pull the trigger. If you don't, he's completely undermined & loses what little authority he has left.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:50 - Jan 18 with 2593 viewsRyorry

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:18 - Jan 18 by IpswichChris

So deflated.

I honestly thought Mick would have the decency and integrity to resign, after such a public humiliation. The only acceptable reason for not doing so that I can think of, is that there's no one obviously suitable to step in immediately, and he thought it would be more damaging to the club to have no-one in (considering that TC would never stab Mick in the back by greeing to do a caretaker job).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:03 - Jan 18 with 2533 viewsLightningboy

Said it last night..the only money I want to see us spending now is the money to pay McCarthy off.
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:05 - Jan 18 with 2524 viewsRadlett_blue

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:50 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

I honestly thought Mick would have the decency and integrity to resign, after such a public humiliation. The only acceptable reason for not doing so that I can think of, is that there's no one obviously suitable to step in immediately, and he thought it would be more damaging to the club to have no-one in (considering that TC would never stab Mick in the back by greeing to do a caretaker job).

Given TC's disastrous tenure at Wolves, him as caretaker is absolutely the last thing we need.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 2512 viewsRyorry

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:05 - Jan 18 by Radlett_blue

Given TC's disastrous tenure at Wolves, him as caretaker is absolutely the last thing we need.

Clearly never going to happen anyway, as I said.

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:20 - Jan 18 with 2456 viewsIpswichChris

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 14:50 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

I knew MM wouldn't resign. He's obviously deluded. He thinks he's done nothing wrong - because if he did - he'd surely change his ways, wouldn't he? I can't imagine his market value is very good now so for the time being he will continue to make the easiest paycheck he's ever had. For another club to bring him on after this tenure they would have to be desperate. Which brings us to spending the £1M or so "transfer budget" on sacking him...

..well, if we aren't spending it on anything else, why not? We aren't doing anything constructive with it anyways.
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:22 - Jan 18 with 2445 viewstextbackup

Some of the things he says in there basically point to him having to be sacked... Lincoln were more organised... I mean

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:22 - Jan 18 with 2439 viewsJ2BLUE

Seriously? The only more ridiculous thing than you thinking he would resign is that he didn't do it because he didn't want to damage the club! You can tell by his interviews he actually thinks he's doing a good job overall and we're all overreacting. There's no chance he will ever resign. He's just not the type.

Truly impaired.

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:24 - Jan 18 with 2419 viewsWallingford_Boy

Disagree.

I think he has turned the fans even more against the club.

Anyone with half a brain in their head now can see it won't ever work with Mick, so he has to go.

A lot of us were hoping to hear the news today that he was gone, instead we got the opposite!!

Its just so disappointing, he is worse than Duncan.

RIP Sir Bobby

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:26 - Jan 18 with 2396 viewsGlasgowBlue

Are you saying TC stabbed Mick in the back at Wolves?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 2388 viewspickles110564

Ryorry, you are joking?
If in your job you were working to a tiny budget, with a huge list of sick staff and yet still managed to get results would you resign?
Do not be so stupid, you would not resign, nobody would.
It is time some of you realised the rubbish you post and consider all the facts.
I too am not happy with the standard of football but I certainly do not have the money to bail the club out and lose millions year on year.
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:33 - Jan 18 with 2344 viewsIpswichIrish

Just my personal opinion but i would keep Mick. I genuinely don't think any other manager at this level could do a better job. The display last night was a disgrace, but I see the bigger picture, he's had next to no money to spend while consistently losing our best players, Mings, Cresswell, Murphy, etc
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:40 - Jan 18 with 2298 viewsWallingford_Boy

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:33 - Jan 18 by IpswichIrish

Just my personal opinion but i would keep Mick. I genuinely don't think any other manager at this level could do a better job. The display last night was a disgrace, but I see the bigger picture, he's had next to no money to spend while consistently losing our best players, Mings, Cresswell, Murphy, etc

Another manager might -

* Play football rather than asking all his team to kick it long
* NOT sign VERY average squad players, only to release them a few months later
* NOT play the likes of Best, Douglas, Knudsen, etc when they are clearly not good enough
* play players in their strongest positions
* change tactics mid game when things aren't working rather than stubbornly carrying on

You would honestly keep Mick?!?!

RIP Sir Bobby

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:41 - Jan 18 with 2298 viewsIpswichChris

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:33 - Jan 18 by IpswichIrish

Has Lincoln had loads to spend though?

The quality they produced over two legs was obviously far better than anything we struggled to do. Who's head does that lay on?
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:46 - Jan 18 with 2236 viewsIpswichIrish

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:41 - Jan 18 by IpswichChris

Has Lincoln had loads to spend though?

The quality they produced over two legs was obviously far better than anything we struggled to do. Who's head does that lay on?

I would keep Mick - I'm allowed that opinion, I respect others. If Mick had spent loads of money fair enough, but he hasn't
People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:03 - Jan 18 with 2132 viewsRyorry

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:22 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

Seriously? The only more ridiculous thing than you thinking he would resign is that he didn't do it because he didn't want to damage the club! You can tell by his interviews he actually thinks he's doing a good job overall and we're all overreacting. There's no chance he will ever resign. He's just not the type.

You have completely misunderstood, I didn't say anything like that at all! What I *actually* said was
" The only acceptable reason for not doing so that I can think of, is that there's no one obviously suitable to step in immediately, and he thought it would be more damaging to the club to have no-one in (considering that TC would never stab Mick in the back by greeing to do a caretaker job)..

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:09 - Jan 18 with 2101 viewsRyorry

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 15:28 - Jan 18 by pickles110564

Ryorry, you are joking?
If in your job you were working to a tiny budget, with a huge list of sick staff and yet still managed to get results would you resign?
Do not be so stupid, you would not resign, nobody would.
It is time some of you realised the rubbish you post and consider all the facts.
I too am not happy with the standard of football but I certainly do not have the money to bail the club out and lose millions year on year.

I would 100% most certainly have resigned, yes.

Perhaps best not to judge others by yourself in future.

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:11 - Jan 18 with 2064 viewspickles110564

People moaning at the timing of Milne's statement... on 16:09 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

I would 100% most certainly have resigned, yes.

Perhaps best not to judge others by yourself in future.

Of course you would lol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024