Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's It I'm Afraid 14:03 - Jan 18 with 1627 viewsMiltonsParadiseLost

Defeat to non-league Lincoln has finally called time on my days actively supporting Ipswich Town.

Don't get me wrong, I've been there through some great times and I'll always be thankful for the enjoyment that gave me but this is one humiliation too far.

What has happened to our club?

We ARE a big club, whatever that lot up the road say we have a proud and illustrious history; three stars above our crest to prove it. Yet now we find ourselves at, for me, our lowest ebb.

It all seems such a far cry from when Marcus Evans came riding into Portman Road all shining armour aboard a fine Suffolk Punch. Promises of glory and a return to the heady days of the 70s and early 80s. We'd seen the money work at other clubs and with Keano appointed and a money-no-object owner, surely the good times beckoned.

How wrong we were. The truth is that it never got better than waving tenners at the Budgies all those years ago. Since then Evans has systematically destroyed our great football club. Off the pitch by screwing us royally to the fact that we owe him the national debt of a third world country and on the pitch with a series of crap managerial appointments and a tight-fisted transfer policy. Even when we uncover a diamond like Mings he is sold and the money just gets trousered by Marcus.

It simply isn't fair.

Problem is, he has us all over a barrel. How can we force him out when the debt position is as it is? Who on earth is going to underwrite that?

So, here we are. An utter shambles and a laughing stock.

People criticise Mick but he's fighting Mike Tyson with one hand behind his back. He's making a decent fist of it really, let's be honest, under Jewell or Keane we'd be in League One by now and how he ever managed to get us to the Play Offs is incredible. Manager of the Season stuff.

But, there's always a but, it's no coincidence that our gates are dropping quicker than a whores drawers at the sight of a twenty pound note. We're awful to watch. We may be the Tractor Boys but surely we don't have to play in this god-awful agricultural style. The ball spends less time in the air at a volleyball match.

We're crude and one-dimensional to the point that a non-league team with a bit about them were clearly better than us over two whole games. How embarrassing is that? We won the UEFA cup for heavens sake.

I honestly thought we hit the all time low when the carrot crunchers destroyed us that Thursday night but this is entirely new territory. I'm embarrassed to go into work and talk football with my colleagues because our team are a disgrace - no, that's wrong, the team do their best; our club is a disgrace.

So, with heavy heart, I'm knocking it on the head until there is serious change from top to bottom at Portman Road. Norwich couldn't beat an egg yet we're still below them, I'm afraid I'm not willing to spend any more time in that ghastly yellow shadow.

I'm out until Evans is out.

That's It I'm Afraid on 14:14 - Jan 18 with 1503 viewsRandall

Can't really disagree with any of that!
That's It I'm Afraid on 14:19 - Jan 18 with 1449 viewschiddley

I'm with you on all of this.

sad days

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

That's It I'm Afraid on 14:23 - Jan 18 with 1429 viewsmutters

I started reading your message thinking 'how can any true fan just turn their back on the club?', but then I read more and more and couldn't really disagree with your sentiments.

I don't want to be one of those guys (or girls) who turn their back on the club, I've loved ITFC for too long now, and as I've become jaded with the football explosion over the years, town have really been my main football fix. Sadly my enjoyment is eroding even with my beloved town.

I am not in the club that believes sacking MM will resolve all our issues, neither will ME spending a lot of cash just fix this, we've seen too many teams spend and fail. It's not a proven formula.

However, I feel that change is needed. Where, who, when, well that's the bit I can't figure out.

If we end up in a dog fight for relegation, MM might be the best person to get us out it. That's potentially the reality we face

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

That's It I'm Afraid on 14:30 - Jan 18 with 1387 viewsBenters

Did you mention the state of the North Stand roof ?

I got bored and im tired and need a sleep .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024