Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Emmanuel 16:19 - Jan 18 with 2889 viewsRobbie12345

People keep saying how he was our best player yesterday, he was really really bad. He hasn't played a good game in the last 2 months whenever he has played. He played well near the start of the season and I thought he would kick on, but he hasn't. Hopefully just a blip and he can get in better form. Or maybe Spence is the answer and that will help defensively? Who knows.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Josh Emmanuel on 16:27 - Jan 18 with 2792 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Josh Emmanuel on 16:40 - Jan 18 with 2686 viewsstantheman

Josh Emmanuel on 16:27 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

He is OK but some on here are going completely over the top about him. He definately is nowhere near as good as he is being hyped up.
Josh Emmanuel on 16:42 - Jan 18 with 2653 viewspablosturn

Up tick for you.

Some pieces I disagree with but in the main it is fairly accurate. Everyone wants to see our youth do well, but for a modern RB or WB he has very little pace, cant beat a man and rarely crosses the ball.

QPR is a case in point where he could not get past their FB to get a cross in all game. I think he needs to lose a bit of weight or bulk and become a bit more mobile.
Josh Emmanuel on 16:49 - Jan 18 with 2600 viewsmadmouse1959

He is a really good YOUNG player in the making......you,ll see.

shampoo dave

Josh Emmanuel on 17:01 - Jan 18 with 2508 viewsSwailsey

Slight hyperbole, but agreed that he didn't stand out too much yesterday and he's definitely miles behind where Cresswell/Mings were when they broke through IMO.

Still very promising though.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Josh Emmanuel on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 2394 viewsDubtractor

You are the most pointlessly contrary poster on here. Hands down.

You'll see no wrong in Mick at all.

Just a bit odd to be honest.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Josh Emmanuel on 17:28 - Jan 18 with 2381 viewsDubtractor

Josh Emmanuel on 16:40 - Jan 18 by stantheman

He is OK but some on here are going completely over the top about him. He definately is nowhere near as good as he is being hyped up.

He isn't amazing, no, but one of the few half bright spots last night.

By half bright I mean fairly dim, but relatively speaking and that.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Josh Emmanuel on 17:44 - Jan 18 with 2284 viewsbournemouthblue

We was by no means spectacular but was solid enough?

The real concerns for me were Ward, Douglas, Skuse and Berra

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Josh Emmanuel on 17:47 - Jan 18 with 2259 viewsMullet

He's been up and down, so has Kenlock. I've seen no one suggest he was a standout last night though.

Seems a lot of nonsense and venom swilling about has distorted things.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Josh Emmanuel on 17:58 - Jan 18 with 2211 viewsPJH

Josh Emmanuel on 17:47 - Jan 18 by Mullet

He's been up and down, so has Kenlock. I've seen no one suggest he was a standout last night though.

Seems a lot of nonsense and venom swilling about has distorted things.

The only one that I have seen say that Josh was a standout last night was one of the Lincoln City members of TWTD.
I was going to dispute that statement on that thread but did not bother just as I have not bothered to dispute a load of other stuff on here today relating to last night.
I thought that there were four of our players that had reasonable games last night-Chambers,Digby,Douglas and Skuse-but judging by some posts that I have seen not many seem to agree with me.
Josh Emmanuel on 18:10 - Jan 18 with 2148 viewsZacak

So how many games do you think it should take to kick-on given that he's only played less than a handful this season and you've written him off
Josh Emmanuel on 18:19 - Jan 18 with 2106 viewsTractorWood

Josh Emmanuel on 17:58 - Jan 18 by PJH

The only one that I have seen say that Josh was a standout last night was one of the Lincoln City members of TWTD.
I was going to dispute that statement on that thread but did not bother just as I have not bothered to dispute a load of other stuff on here today relating to last night.
I thought that there were four of our players that had reasonable games last night-Chambers,Digby,Douglas and Skuse-but judging by some posts that I have seen not many seem to agree with me.

Skuse and Douglas didn't get a kick. Douglas was 2 seconds late into at least 2 challenges.

Emmanuel and Gerken were pretty acceptable but it was a complete atrocity overall.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 18:28]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Josh Emmanuel on 18:40 - Jan 18 with 2014 viewsRobbie12345

Josh Emmanuel on 18:10 - Jan 18 by Zacak

So how many games do you think it should take to kick-on given that he's only played less than a handful this season and you've written him off

Sorry if I have come across different than I intended. I am a big fan of his, and think he has showed lots of promise. Just think the last few games he has played that he hasn't lived up to his potential and can and should be doing better. As you imply, a run in the team may do him some good, just wasn't a standout performer yesterday and still needs time to become what some see him as.

Josh Emmanuel on 18:43 - Jan 18 with 1986 viewsRobbie12345

Josh Emmanuel on 17:01 - Jan 18 by Swailsey

Slight hyperbole, but agreed that he didn't stand out too much yesterday and he's definitely miles behind where Cresswell/Mings were when they broke through IMO.

Still very promising though.

Maybe the expectation left by Cresswell and Mings doesn't help. Hopefully he can be a similar player to Mings as he definately has the potential and physique to if given time and patience.

Josh Emmanuel on 18:44 - Jan 18 with 1969 viewssuperfan

Josh Emmanuel on 17:28 - Jan 18 by Dubtractor

He isn't amazing, no, but one of the few half bright spots last night.

By half bright I mean fairly dim, but relatively speaking and that.....

Really? Can you please explain in which way he was anything other than useless? These are meant to be Championship players, yet he and the others were embarrassed last night by a bunch of journey men from the lower leagues. No bright or slightly dim lights from last night.
Josh Emmanuel on 18:46 - Jan 18 with 1952 viewsRobbie12345

Fair enough, just think he can give more than he did last night to the team. Agreed on the 4 you picked out, and I would add Lawerence till he got a slight knock at 20/25min mark.

Josh Emmanuel on 18:48 - Jan 18 with 1924 viewsBackToRussia

Emmanuel looks a great prospect. He looks very confident and assured and seems to have a good attitude.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Josh Emmanuel on 18:49 - Jan 18 with 1908 viewsRobbie12345

Josh Emmanuel on 17:27 - Jan 18 by Dubtractor

You are the most pointlessly contrary poster on here. Hands down.

You'll see no wrong in Mick at all.

Just a bit odd to be honest.

Sorry that you think that. I do see wrong in Mick, I just think that the players are mostly responsible for some of the recent performances. Mick isn't perfect but I don't think he has done anything to warrent some of the hate given.

Josh Emmanuel on 18:55 - Jan 18 with 1861 viewssuperfan

Douglas? You must be joking. Skuse, Chambers and digby I will let you off with, but Douglas. You must be having a laugh.
Josh Emmanuel on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 1847 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Josh Emmanuel on 18:48 - Jan 18 by BackToRussia

Emmanuel looks a great prospect. He looks very confident and assured and seems to have a good attitude.

Not only that but he was one of the few players that offered movement - looking for the give and go ball. Nearly all our play is very static and laboured. There was several times he showed for the simple pass from defence (sometimes moving in field) only to see the ball humped over his head to the Lincoln defence.
Josh Emmanuel on 19:52 - Jan 18 with 1614 viewsPJH

Josh Emmanuel on 18:46 - Jan 18 by Robbie12345

Fair enough, just think he can give more than he did last night to the team. Agreed on the 4 you picked out, and I would add Lawerence till he got a slight knock at 20/25min mark.

Lawrence got two or three 'slight knocks' due to bad tackles.
Yes,Lawrence was ok but by the high standards that he has set in the last few weeks,just ok.
Josh Emmanuel on 19:58 - Jan 18 with 1576 viewsDubtractor

Josh Emmanuel on 18:49 - Jan 18 by Robbie12345

Sorry that you think that. I do see wrong in Mick, I just think that the players are mostly responsible for some of the recent performances. Mick isn't perfect but I don't think he has done anything to warrent some of the hate given.

Fair enough, my post prob came across more barbed than was intended.

Agree re any personal hate, but I really do think it is time for us to part amicably before it gets ugly!

Josh Emmanuel on 20:03 - Jan 18 with 1539 viewsMillsey

Josh Emmanuel on 18:55 - Jan 18 by superfan

Douglas? You must be joking. Skuse, Chambers and digby I will let you off with, but Douglas. You must be having a laugh.

Skues made Douglas look like messie he was awful. At least Douglas tried to make a tackle unlike the rest of the team
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024