Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay 17:00 - Jan 18 with 16611 viewscarlisleaway

Push McCarthy on behalf of TWTD to leave or protect your position

This site has funded you well over the past few years time to show your colours.....
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:31 - Jan 18 with 2686 viewsfactual_blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

What sort of questions haven't been asked?

What were the main causes of the Prussian-Danish War of 1864?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:33 - Jan 18 with 2682 viewsBluebell

Arrggghhh....upvoted the OP when I meant to down vote. Bloody iPad!

So have downvoted another of the OPs post to make up for it.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 17:33]
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:34 - Jan 18 with 2650 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:33 - Jan 18 by Bluebell

Ha stupid woman

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:36 - Jan 18 with 2638 viewstaximan

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:34 - Jan 18 by Benters

Ha stupid woman

brave of you, hiding behind your keyboard !!!!!!!!!!!!
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:36 - Jan 18 with 2643 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:31 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

What were the main causes of the Prussian-Danish War of 1864?

Everyone knows that was a result of the Schleswig-Holstein Question. I'm not sure what the question was though . I'm guessing it had something do with their favourite cheeses or some other important issue.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 2652 viewsBurwell_Blue

Phil 'don't rock the boat, we are a fanzine punching above our weight' Ham?

Never going to happen.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 2636 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:21 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

I've been advocating a real football man as Director Of Football for some time, considering the lack of football experience on board level at the club, with a younger manager taking over in the summer. I had hoped it would be Burley (DOF, not the younger manager).

D you think Mick has reached the stage in his career where that role would suit him?

I'm thinking more of a sporting director in the continental sense rather than the British approach of appointing a very senior manager as a consultant to a younger boss, although an experienced hand is what we'd need I think.

I think it's worth noting that ME is not as green when it comes to the business side of football as it's often suggested. He has been basically running the transfer/contract side of things for the best part of nine years now.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:39 - Jan 18 with 2619 viewsDyland

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

What sort of questions haven't been asked?

The TOUGH questions ffs Phil.

If you could only eat one cheese for the rest of your life what would it be?

Which is the better Iron Maiden album, Number of the Beast or Piece of Mind?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:39 - Jan 18 with 2601 viewsMullet

What a scumbag post.

Entitled, cowardly and childish.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:45 - Jan 18 with 2503 viewsGlasgowBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:39 - Jan 18 by Mullet

What a scumbag post.

Enough of Dryas. What do you think of the op?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:47 - Jan 18 with 2476 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:39 - Jan 18 by Dyland

He's rubbish isn't he?

That's it, the tipping point has been reached for me.

Phil OUT!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:47 - Jan 18 with 2503 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:37 - Jan 18 by Burwell_Blue

Phil 'don't rock the boat, we are a fanzine punching above our weight' Ham?

Never going to happen.

Bit harsh, isn't it? Don't think I shy away from giving opinions, even if you might disagree with them. For the record, the aim hasn't been to be a fanzine.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:48 - Jan 18 with 2469 viewsMullet

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:39 - Jan 18 by Mullet

What a scumbag post.

Iron Maiden are screechy cheeseball toss for blokes that smell.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:50 - Jan 18 with 2454 viewsElderGrizzly

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:20 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

I think your probably right. MM's future will probably be determined by early ST renewals data.

Why I think he'll be here until May at the latest. Easier to manage for all parties

The only way he goes now is if he walks himself.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:51 - Jan 18 with 2437 viewsRyorry

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:18 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Changing a manager is I think a bigger step than is always realised, particularly here at the moment. I get the impression that Mick is very much a manager in the old-fashioned mould, his job covering a wider brief than most managers now.

ME is in charge of deals, contracts, fee negotiation etc but obviously is also running his other businesses, while IM has little or no involvement in that side of things. Mick does a lot of the job that would be a director of football's role in addition to what is viewed as a manager or head coach's role these days.

Wow. Do you think that might partially explain what many on here have frequently commented on - ie the apparent lack of coaching for the players in basics such as passing & movement etc - that Mick is just too busy doing desk work?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:51 - Jan 18 with 2417 viewsDyland

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:47 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

He's rubbish isn't he?

That's it, the tipping point has been reached for me.

Phil OUT!

I can't bear to see another hapless abject performance by Phil in the press conference, not asking, er, what does the OP want Phil to do again?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:52 - Jan 18 with 2401 viewsDyland

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:48 - Jan 18 by Mullet

Iron Maiden are screechy cheeseball toss for blokes that smell.

Oh dear someone couldn't wait to get out of table mode on their mobile device before posting.

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:53 - Jan 18 with 2396 viewsElderGrizzly

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:37 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

I'm thinking more of a sporting director in the continental sense rather than the British approach of appointing a very senior manager as a consultant to a younger boss, although an experienced hand is what we'd need I think.

I think it's worth noting that ME is not as green when it comes to the business side of football as it's often suggested. He has been basically running the transfer/contract side of things for the best part of nine years now.

Yep, he finalises everything. However, he has admitted, as has Milne, that Mick (and previous managers) have guided them on values for players both in terms of transfer fee and wage levels.

As you mentioned earlier, Mick is involved in much more than many managers at clubs now and that makes us vulnerable.

A more modern set-up linking academy and first team is required in my opinion
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:54 - Jan 18 with 2395 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:39 - Jan 18 by Dyland

That first one is pretty tough, to be honest. Actually, the whole premise is quite upsetting.

Re question two, I have to admit I've never heard either of them. #notametaller

Paul Mariner's more your man for that question than Mick!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:54 - Jan 18 with 2386 viewsRyorry

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:33 - Jan 18 by Bluebell

You can 'cancel out' any vote by refreshing the thread, then voting the other way

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:56 - Jan 18 with 2359 viewsgtsb1966

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:05 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I think it's a case of we should be grateful to Phil rather than him grateful for the site.

I don't know what id do without TWTD to rant on.

You could go to Speakers corner and give everyone Lemon!!
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:56 - Jan 18 with 2361 viewsjas0999

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:05 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I think it's a case of we should be grateful to Phil rather than him grateful for the site.

I don't know what id do without TWTD to rant on.

Completely agree, although I don't alWays agree with some of the match reports, the TWTD administrators are like everyone else entitled to an opinion. It should be respected. Plus, this is an excellent site. Great work by both.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:58 - Jan 18 with 2335 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:51 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

Wow. Do you think that might partially explain what many on here have frequently commented on - ie the apparent lack of coaching for the players in basics such as passing & movement etc - that Mick is just too busy doing desk work?

No, I think Mick rarely misses a training session but his job is more than just that side of things.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:59 - Jan 18 with 2320 viewsfactual_blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:50 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Why I think he'll be here until May at the latest. Easier to manage for all parties

The only way he goes now is if he walks himself.

He'll get an emailed spreadsheet from Marcus that just has the number 17 on it and an embedded P45 in it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:00 - Jan 18 with 2309 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Presumably your post is a joke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024