Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay 17:00 - Jan 18 with 16574 viewscarlisleaway

Push McCarthy on behalf of TWTD to leave or protect your position

This site has funded you well over the past few years time to show your colours.....
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:00 - Jan 18 with 2494 viewsDyland

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:54 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

That first one is pretty tough, to be honest. Actually, the whole premise is quite upsetting.

Re question two, I have to admit I've never heard either of them. #notametaller

Paul Mariner's more your man for that question than Mick!

This post has been edited by an administrator

You've never heard of Number of the Beast.

(.....)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:02 - Jan 18 with 2482 viewsfactual_blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:36 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

Everyone knows that was a result of the Schleswig-Holstein Question. I'm not sure what the question was though . I'm guessing it had something do with their favourite cheeses or some other important issue.

To a certain extent.

It was said, I think by Palmerston of the Schleswig-Holtstein Question that only three people knew the answer: one was dead. one had gone mad. He (Palmerston) was the third, but he'd forgotten what the question was.

It was more likely to have been about pork products.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:03 - Jan 18 with 2478 viewsfactual_blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:51 - Jan 18 by Dyland

I can't bear to see another hapless abject performance by Phil in the press conference, not asking, er, what does the OP want Phil to do again?

He's a Candy Crush demon though.

Sorry, I mean 'he takes a lot of notes'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:05 - Jan 18 with 2474 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:53 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, he finalises everything. However, he has admitted, as has Milne, that Mick (and previous managers) have guided them on values for players both in terms of transfer fee and wage levels.

As you mentioned earlier, Mick is involved in much more than many managers at clubs now and that makes us vulnerable.

A more modern set-up linking academy and first team is required in my opinion

Not sure Ian does much until the deals are signed and all but sealed, not the actual mechanics of the deals themselves.

Think the club would benefit from a change in set-up, as you suggest. I think that was part of the idea of appointing Simon Clegg, but I don't think it really worked as envisaged and ME continued to take the leading role in transfer stuff.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:11 - Jan 18 with 2415 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:00 - Jan 18 by Dyland

You've never heard of Number of the Beast.

(.....)

Heard of but not heard. Been a while since we've had a Friday Goth Out. Seems the right time for a bit of Bauhaus.

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:11 - Jan 18 with 2406 viewsElderGrizzly

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:05 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Not sure Ian does much until the deals are signed and all but sealed, not the actual mechanics of the deals themselves.

Think the club would benefit from a change in set-up, as you suggest. I think that was part of the idea of appointing Simon Clegg, but I don't think it really worked as envisaged and ME continued to take the leading role in transfer stuff.

Sorry, didn't mean Ian does much at all. I meant it was an ME/Mick double act in the division of responsibilities.

I wonder if we'll limp through to mathematical safety with Mick, then appoint Klug until the end of the season and then have a complete overhaul the club needs?
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:12 - Jan 18 with 2394 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:54 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

You can 'cancel out' any vote by refreshing the thread, then voting the other way

Can you?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:13 - Jan 18 with 2367 viewsNewcyBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:11 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Heard of but not heard. Been a while since we've had a Friday Goth Out. Seems the right time for a bit of Bauhaus.

Friday Goth Out? This sounds like some sort of satanic ritual!

Do we sacrifice one of the younger members of the board? Sorry Rommy....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:15 - Jan 18 with 2333 viewsbluelagos

Think that's pretty harsh. The site is nothing more than a forum to share views. If you want McCarthy gone, would suggest you try and organise something rather than expect Phil to do it for you.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:16 - Jan 18 with 2312 viewsNewcyBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:15 - Jan 18 by bluelagos

Think that's pretty harsh. The site is nothing more than a forum to share views. If you want McCarthy gone, would suggest you try and organise something rather than expect Phil to do it for you.

Can you not just pop round to his house, log on to his computer, send his email for him, make him dinner..... it's not too much to ask is it?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 2311 viewsRyorry

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:58 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

No, I think Mick rarely misses a training session but his job is more than just that side of things.

Right, thanks for the info.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 2311 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:18 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Changing a manager is I think a bigger step than is always realised, particularly here at the moment. I get the impression that Mick is very much a manager in the old-fashioned mould, his job covering a wider brief than most managers now.

ME is in charge of deals, contracts, fee negotiation etc but obviously is also running his other businesses, while IM has little or no involvement in that side of things. Mick does a lot of the job that would be a director of football's role in addition to what is viewed as a manager or head coach's role these days.

Who would you say has more involvement in transfers Phil?

Obviously Mick chooses his target but after am I right in believing that it's 90% Evans?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:22 - Jan 18 with 2263 viewsRyorry

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:12 - Jan 18 by Benters

Can you?

Yes, so I'm waiting for your correction now ;) (or was it your way of joking?!). Some people might find that they have to refresh the whole site page, rather than just the thread - might depend on their connection, tho I'm no internet guru. It's something I've done several times, so it definitely does work.

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:24 - Jan 18 with 2239 viewspeterleeblue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:39 - Jan 18 by Dyland

The TOUGH questions ffs Phil.

If you could only eat one cheese for the rest of your life what would it be?

Which is the better Iron Maiden album, Number of the Beast or Piece of Mind?

Red Leicsester
Neither ......it's Powerslave

K
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:30 - Jan 18 with 2156 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:17 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Who would you say has more involvement in transfers Phil?

Obviously Mick chooses his target but after am I right in believing that it's 90% Evans?

The business side of it is ME with MM's guidance on valuation, wages etc. Don't think ME got similar guidance in Roy Keane's time in charge otherwise he wouldn't have paid £2m for Lee Martin and given him a four-year contract. I think he learnt those lessons the hard way.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:31 - Jan 18 with 2139 viewsWeWereZombies

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:22 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

Yes, so I'm waiting for your correction now ;) (or was it your way of joking?!). Some people might find that they have to refresh the whole site page, rather than just the thread - might depend on their connection, tho I'm no internet guru. It's something I've done several times, so it definitely does work.

Interesting, and why has refreshing the page still left me with a black square where Phil posted a Bauhaus video? Was it 'Terror Couple Kill Colonel'?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:32 - Jan 18 with 2135 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:11 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry, didn't mean Ian does much at all. I meant it was an ME/Mick double act in the division of responsibilities.

I wonder if we'll limp through to mathematical safety with Mick, then appoint Klug until the end of the season and then have a complete overhaul the club needs?

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a change once the season is effectively dead and then someone else running things to the end of the season in an interim role.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:35 - Jan 18 with 2107 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:13 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

Friday Goth Out? This sounds like some sort of satanic ritual!

Do we sacrifice one of the younger members of the board? Sorry Rommy....

What do you think happened to Cheeseboy from Dudley?
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:36 - Jan 18 with 2105 viewsnodge_blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

What sort of questions haven't been asked?

I'd suggest
'given that the club cant really afford to pay you off, don't you think it would be honourable to walk away"

AND

"how can you explain being completely outplayed in two matches against a non league side?"

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:36 - Jan 18 with 2101 viewsNewcyBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:35 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

What do you think happened to Cheeseboy from Dudley?

Fondue?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:41 - Jan 18 with 2052 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:30 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

The business side of it is ME with MM's guidance on valuation, wages etc. Don't think ME got similar guidance in Roy Keane's time in charge otherwise he wouldn't have paid £2m for Lee Martin and given him a four-year contract. I think he learnt those lessons the hard way.

Yeah he seems to be unwilling to back mick like he backed the other two clowns despite seemingly trusting mick much more.

He should expect to overspend. Like Newcastle did paying 3m for a 34 year old..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:41 - Jan 18 with 2038 viewsPinewoodblue

Phil you could look to do a story on the success, or otherwise, of the half season ticket offer and other attempts to increase sales. Provided of course you get a straight answer.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:44 - Jan 18 with 1997 viewsRyorry

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:31 - Jan 18 by WeWereZombies

Interesting, and why has refreshing the page still left me with a black square where Phil posted a Bauhaus video? Was it 'Terror Couple Kill Colonel'?

Maybe the "this post has been edited by an Administrator" in red thing has been swallowed by a black hole?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 1931 viewsJ2BLUE

Funded him well? Whatever hes getting is being earnt and isn't enough to pay him properly. Did you read the Lincoln preview? It was only slightly shorter than the Bible.

Gav too, just so he doesn't recapitlise JCblue...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 1926 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 18:36 - Jan 18 by nodge_blue

I'd suggest
'given that the club cant really afford to pay you off, don't you think it would be honourable to walk away"

AND

"how can you explain being completely outplayed in two matches against a non league side?"

He was pretty much asked the second one last night, although in slightly less inflammatory terms!

Whether the club is in a position to pay him off or otherwise is purely speculation. There may well be some clause in his contract stipulating what any pay-off would be. Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case.

If not, we'd keep paying him his wage until there is a settlement or he gets another job, which I would guess wouldn't be that long.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024