Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay 17:00 - Jan 18 with 16612 viewscarlisleaway

Push McCarthy on behalf of TWTD to leave or protect your position

This site has funded you well over the past few years time to show your colours.....
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:02 - Jan 18 with 5434 viewsblueislander

Do you know whether Phil wants McCarthy to leave?
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:05 - Jan 18 with 5409 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think it's a case of we should be grateful to Phil rather than him grateful for the site.

I don't know what id do without TWTD to rant on.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:08 - Jan 18 with 5358 viewscarlisleaway

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:02 - Jan 18 by blueislander

Do you know whether Phil wants McCarthy to leave?

Good question, what does Phil think ?
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:09 - Jan 18 with 5346 viewsFixed_It

Disagree. I don't think we should make any such demands of Phil.

Besides, we all know that it is Gav who wears the trousers...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:10 - Jan 18 with 5334 viewsdryas

You voted' Leave' didn't you?
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:11 - Jan 18 with 5312 viewsGlasgowBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:08 - Jan 18 by carlisleaway

In fairness to Phil he was very concerned about the style of football Mick's teams play when his name was first mentioned as a replacement for Jewell.

I suspect that Phil has a better understanding of the way the club is run and realises that it's not just a case of getting another manager in.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:12 - Jan 18 with 5308 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:05 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I think it's a case of we should be grateful to Phil rather than him grateful for the site.

McCarthy should be asked tough questions at Press Conferences and in post match interviews. In my opinion this is not being done. Time to get stuck in and lay it on the line.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:12 - Jan 18 with 5318 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:08 - Jan 18 by carlisleaway

Did this brief analysis of the state of play post-Lincoln for BBC Suffolk Local Live - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-suffolk-38269677 - this morning, which is essentially what I've been saying for a little while now minus the embarrassing defeat to a non-league side.

It’s difficult to recall a worse result in the club’s recent history, and it wasn’t just the defeat it was its manner.

Usually in these cup shocks the team from a lower league grabs a goal against the run of play and clings on desperately but Lincoln were the better side in both games.

Whether they’re the leaders of the National League or not, that shouldn’t happen to a Championship side.

Where does that leave Mick McCarthy? What appeared to be a significant majority of fans already wanted him to go before last night and plenty more will now have joined the "out" camp.

I would guess Marcus Evans won’t be in any hurry to make a change, particularly only 13 days away from the transfer window closing, having shown patience with previous managers who had comparatively worse records at Town.

But ultimately it’s difficult for a manager to hang on for too long when such a large proportion of fans no longer believe he is the man for the job.

As we have seen with recent attendances - and may well see with season ticket renewals - they are voting with their feet. That’s not a healthy situation for any club and one which can’t continue indefinitely.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 with 5281 viewsGlasgowBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:10 - Jan 18 by dryas

You voted' Leave' didn't you?

You voted for the losing side didn't you?

So no change there.

Iron Lion Zion

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 with 5271 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:12 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

McCarthy should be asked tough questions at Press Conferences and in post match interviews. In my opinion this is not being done. Time to get stuck in and lay it on the line.

What sort of questions haven't been asked?
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 with 5264 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:12 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

But there's other people to do that.

If Phil goes in all guns blazing, then what?

Where would we go to here of the latest 'imminent' transfer?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:14 - Jan 18 with 5253 viewsdryas

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

So no change there.

We'll see.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:16 - Jan 18 with 5192 viewsArcher4721

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:13 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

So no change there.

It seems you did as you live in Scotland.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:17 - Jan 18 with 5183 viewsNewcyBlue

You have many down votes for a reason.

Phil is a fan, but he has to remain balanced, it's called professionalism.

Why don't you email the club and push McCarthy to leave on behalf of yourself?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:18 - Jan 18 with 5181 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:11 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness to Phil he was very concerned about the style of football Mick's teams play when his name was first mentioned as a replacement for Jewell.

I suspect that Phil has a better understanding of the way the club is run and realises that it's not just a case of getting another manager in.

Changing a manager is I think a bigger step than is always realised, particularly here at the moment. I get the impression that Mick is very much a manager in the old-fashioned mould, his job covering a wider brief than most managers now.

ME is in charge of deals, contracts, fee negotiation etc but obviously is also running his other businesses, while IM has little or no involvement in that side of things. Mick does a lot of the job that would be a director of football's role in addition to what is viewed as a manager or head coach's role these days.
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:18 - Jan 18 with 5144 viewsArcher4721

Blimey!
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:20 - Jan 18 with 5112 viewsTractorWood

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:12 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Did this brief analysis of the state of play post-Lincoln for BBC Suffolk Local Live - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-suffolk-38269677 - this morning, which is essentially what I've been saying for a little while now minus the embarrassing defeat to a non-league side.

It’s difficult to recall a worse result in the club’s recent history, and it wasn’t just the defeat it was its manner.

Usually in these cup shocks the team from a lower league grabs a goal against the run of play and clings on desperately but Lincoln were the better side in both games.

Whether they’re the leaders of the National League or not, that shouldn’t happen to a Championship side.

Where does that leave Mick McCarthy? What appeared to be a significant majority of fans already wanted him to go before last night and plenty more will now have joined the "out" camp.

I would guess Marcus Evans won’t be in any hurry to make a change, particularly only 13 days away from the transfer window closing, having shown patience with previous managers who had comparatively worse records at Town.

But ultimately it’s difficult for a manager to hang on for too long when such a large proportion of fans no longer believe he is the man for the job.

As we have seen with recent attendances - and may well see with season ticket renewals - they are voting with their feet. That’s not a healthy situation for any club and one which can’t continue indefinitely.

I think Milne coming out and asking the fans to back MM was a seismic miscalculation and has only served to further deteriorate the already toxic relationship between the board and fans. To me MM's post game comments were that of a dead man walking, I find it fairly unbelievable that this clearly untenable situation is allowed to drag on.

I think they will make an early call around ST release and try and build some hype. Price is also important and club really need to learn their lesson on this. Ticket review?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 17:25]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:20 - Jan 18 with 5094 viewsfactual_blue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:12 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

I think your probably right. MM's future will probably be determined by early ST renewals data.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:21 - Jan 18 with 5091 viewsGlasgowBlue

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:18 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Changing a manager is I think a bigger step than is always realised, particularly here at the moment. I get the impression that Mick is very much a manager in the old-fashioned mould, his job covering a wider brief than most managers now.

ME is in charge of deals, contracts, fee negotiation etc but obviously is also running his other businesses, while IM has little or no involvement in that side of things. Mick does a lot of the job that would be a director of football's role in addition to what is viewed as a manager or head coach's role these days.

I've been advocating a real football man as Director Of Football for some time, considering the lack of football experience on board level at the club, with a younger manager taking over in the summer. I had hoped it would be Burley (DOF, not the younger manager).

D you think Mick has reached the stage in his career where that role would suit him?

Iron Lion Zion

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:23 - Jan 18 with 5013 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:05 - Jan 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Go out more ? Get some fresh air maybe ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:26 - Jan 18 with 4951 viewsAlanG296

McCarthy Director of Football? Totally unsuited to that but if they wanted a Director of Hoof.........
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 4942 viewstaximan

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:23 - Jan 18 by Benters

Go out more ? Get some fresh air maybe ?

what ?

really ?

do people do that sort of mad stuff ?
Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 4937 viewsSwailsey

I'm sure we have been paid back by the quality of news on offer on this site, and most level-headed, sensible people understand why Phil sometimes has to take the more grounded stance that he does.

He doesn't shy away form answering questions but also has to maintain a strong relationship with the club.

There's a certain way to do things.

If you're annoyed by the side being 'funded', stop clicking on it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 4929 viewsBenters

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:27 - Jan 18 by taximan

what ?

really ?

do people do that sort of mad stuff ?

Some not many on here though ba

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:29 - Jan 18 with 4920 viewsPhilTWTD

Time for Phil to show where his loyalties lay on 17:20 - Jan 18 by TractorWood

I think Milne coming out and asking the fans to back MM was a seismic miscalculation and has only served to further deteriorate the already toxic relationship between the board and fans. To me MM's post game comments were that of a dead man walking, I find it fairly unbelievable that this clearly untenable situation is allowed to drag on.

I think they will make an early call around ST release and try and build some hype. Price is also important and club really need to learn their lesson on this. Ticket review?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 17:25]

I think IM was on a hiding to nothing, he was asked for comment and if he'd said nothing that would probably have been taken as a lack of backing for the manager. If they're determined to stick with Mick - whether that's in the shorter or longer term - then he had to say something backing him.

Suggesting fans should similarly back Mick was probably less of a good idea in the circumstances, as you say, as that would inevitably suggest a lack of being in touch with the fanbase's current view of things, which I don't actually think is the case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024