Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward bid 17:32 - Jan 18 with 1949 viewsWestover

Rotherham have turned down a bid of 2 million pounds from an unnamed championship club so says Sky sports news
Ward bid on 17:34 - Jan 18 with 1921 viewstaximan

not surprised

he is apparently wanted by a few clubs

in demand strikers will always go for decent money
Ward bid on 17:43 - Jan 18 with 1821 viewsITFCBlues

Ward bid on 17:34 - Jan 18 by taximan

not surprised

2m for a player that has 6 months on his contract? Suspect they've got an option. Either way, if true, 2m rules us out

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Ward bid on 17:44 - Jan 18 with 1810 viewsElderGrizzly

Ward bid on 17:34 - Jan 18 by taximan

not surprised

Winnall went for £500k and is a better striker. Both had 6 months left on their contract
Ward bid on 17:45 - Jan 18 with 1783 viewstaximan

Ward bid on 17:44 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Winnall went for £500k and is a better striker. Both had 6 months left on their contract

were other clubs in for him ?

supply and demand i suppose
Ward bid on 17:47 - Jan 18 with 1743 viewsElderGrizzly

Ward bid on 17:45 - Jan 18 by taximan

were other clubs in for him ?

supply and demand i suppose

Apparently so. Sheff Wed got the deal done quickly though and offered him 4 times his salary. Always helps...
Ward bid on 17:50 - Jan 18 with 1709 viewstaximan

Ward bid on 17:47 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Apparently so. Sheff Wed got the deal done quickly though and offered him 4 times his salary. Always helps...

rotherham in a very strong bargaining position

which is not great for us
Ward bid on 17:50 - Jan 18 with 1714 viewsPhilTWTD

Ward bid on 17:43 - Jan 18 by ITFCBlues

2m for a player that has 6 months on his contract? Suspect they've got an option. Either way, if true, 2m rules us out

Whisper seems to be QPR are in for him, whether that bid is from them I don't know.

The option thing is interesting. I assume if it exists they would have confirmed it at least - which I've not seen them do - and activated it.
Ward bid on 17:54 - Jan 18 with 1642 viewsgeavesie

Ward bid on 17:50 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

Whisper seems to be QPR are in for him, whether that bid is from them I don't know.

The option thing is interesting. I assume if it exists they would have confirmed it at least - which I've not seen them do - and activated it.

Although it's great to think that we could be interested,but there is a big big difference in being interested than actually having a chance of signing him.Have a really bad feeling about this window.
Login to get fewer ads

Ward bid on 17:54 - Jan 18 with 1640 viewscasanovacrow

Waiting to see what division they end up in/how much money they have next season maybe?
Ward bid on 17:55 - Jan 18 with 1616 viewsElderGrizzly

The fee doesn't match the player if he does just have 6 months left.

And as you say, there has been no announcement anywhere about the extension and if you were Ward you wouldn't be keen to see it triggered i guess?
Ward bid on 17:55 - Jan 18 with 1625 viewsPhilTWTD

Ward bid on 17:54 - Jan 18 by casanovacrow

Waiting to see what division they end up in/how much money they have next season maybe?

I wondered whether the option might depend on what division they're in. Just speculation, no info one way or the other.
Ward bid on 17:58 - Jan 18 with 1555 viewsElderGrizzly

Ward bid on 17:55 - Jan 18 by PhilTWTD

I wondered whether the option might depend on what division they're in. Just speculation, no info one way or the other.

It was on another thread, but the issue with up to 5 of their first team leaving this month appears to be around all only having 6 months left on their deals too.

Again, a hangover from promotion maybe and not knowing if they could commit or players would want to commit to new contracts in case they got relegated
Ward bid on 18:32 - Jan 18 with 1409 viewsITFCBlues

If he doesn't have an option then surely they'd be taking 2m with 6 months left on his current deal?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Ward bid on 18:43 - Jan 18 with 1339 viewsJ2BLUE

If it is them could we then renew interest in Washington? Would be classic Ipswich to miss out on our target then sign the other team's reject (no offence to Washington).

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ward bid on 18:45 - Jan 18 with 1308 viewshector_clifford

Maybe that could allow Washington to leave, I think he could do well for us.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Ward bid on 18:49 - Jan 18 with 1239 viewsBent_double

I think we should just give up on all the players we've supposedly offered £1m+ for, and just offer £1m+ to a conference side for their whole team.

The law of averages suggests we're bound to find a gem or two amongst them, so we'll be quids in!

Plus they might actually play with a bit more passion and desire than some of our current lot...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Ward bid on 21:39 - Jan 19 with 811 viewsWestover

So now the Rotherham manager has put a 5 million price on Danny Ward I think we should save our money if we have any until next season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024