Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering 17:59 - Jan 18 with 1124 viewsbournemouthblue

surely a manager of MM's experience could see things weren't working?

Skuglas picked to stifle a Conference side

No runners around Leon Best making his job virtually impossible

Sticking with a 352 against a side who are strong down the flanks

No changes until late in the game, even when it was clear the team talk had done nothing

Leaving Kevin Bru on the bench when we needed some creativity and mobility in the middle of the park

There are smaller things which are equally worrying. Why do we only appear to have one throw in routine for Knudsen's throw ins?

I've heard people suggesting last night wasn't MM's fault. It was every bit MM's fault, he picked an unbalanced side and couldn't be bothered to change it. We got everything we deserved with our negative anti-football approach.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:15 - Jan 18 with 1062 viewsstrikalite

MM is so stubborn that even a voice in his head that keeps saying we need to change it he doesn't listen too, I can't believe he even gave it to half time, that would have been bad enough..

Question, TC, what does he do exactly alongside him? If one can't see it then surely the other can? Or he can but he can't ever mention it to McCarthy, he's no doubt tried that and got shot down!? I dunno....I give up with the pair of them now.
The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 1057 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought that it was actually tactically innovative. What modern football team, even a Conference team, would expect to come up against hit and hope as a tactic? The element of surprise could have swung it. Though it didn't.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:18 - Jan 18 with 1042 viewsbournemouthblue

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:15 - Jan 18 by strikalite

MM is so stubborn that even a voice in his head that keeps saying we need to change it he doesn't listen too, I can't believe he even gave it to half time, that would have been bad enough..

Question, TC, what does he do exactly alongside him? If one can't see it then surely the other can? Or he can but he can't ever mention it to McCarthy, he's no doubt tried that and got shot down!? I dunno....I give up with the pair of them now.

It's almost like deliberate sabotage, he didn't even make a sub in the home game despite desperately needing one.

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:19 - Jan 18 with 1029 viewsbournemouthblue

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:17 - Jan 18 by GeoffSentence

I thought that it was actually tactically innovative. What modern football team, even a Conference team, would expect to come up against hit and hope as a tactic? The element of surprise could have swung it. Though it didn't.

particularly without runners to chase it, no one could expect such an unorthodox approach

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:24 - Jan 18 with 1003 viewsstrikalite

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:18 - Jan 18 by bournemouthblue

It's almost like deliberate sabotage, he didn't even make a sub in the home game despite desperately needing one.

If he has a plan from the off and goes with a side for that tactic then fine, he's the boss, but when it clearly isn't working then there would be no disgrace in changing it early on, even the top Managers have done that, even after 15 minutes Pep has done it, could see it wasn't working etc.....changed it..

Nowhere near sharp enough in that respect, he doesn't act quickly enough...
The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:31 - Jan 18 with 922 viewsbournemouthblue

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:24 - Jan 18 by strikalite

If he has a plan from the off and goes with a side for that tactic then fine, he's the boss, but when it clearly isn't working then there would be no disgrace in changing it early on, even the top Managers have done that, even after 15 minutes Pep has done it, could see it wasn't working etc.....changed it..

Nowhere near sharp enough in that respect, he doesn't act quickly enough...

No agreed, rarely ever does he make a change before 70 minutes

For me that is often too late

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:31 - Jan 18 with 927 viewsPlums

Within 10 minutes we were talking about how the set up wasn't going to work. Is he trying to engineer an exit?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:53 - Jan 18 with 842 viewsbournemouthblue

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:31 - Jan 18 by Plums

Within 10 minutes we were talking about how the set up wasn't going to work. Is he trying to engineer an exit?

Given his record in all cup formats, you do wonder

Wolves fans were saying the exact same about him

Login to get fewer ads

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 19:02 - Jan 18 with 794 viewsRadlett_blue

For such an experienced manager, Mick had a shocker last night. Almost like he's lost it & virtually given up.
However, if we get a result at Huddersfield, the mood will change somewhat.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 19:35 - Jan 18 with 681 viewsGeoffSentence

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 19:02 - Jan 18 by Radlett_blue

For such an experienced manager, Mick had a shocker last night. Almost like he's lost it & virtually given up.
However, if we get a result at Huddersfield, the mood will change somewhat.

Yep, last night was dire, it was 'an utter disgrace', but it is the league that will determine how tenable his position is.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 19:46 - Jan 18 with 645 viewsWestSussexBlue

The tactical mistakes of last night were staggering on 18:31 - Jan 18 by Plums

I have thought too, He won't walk away from a pay off so maybe he is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024